Status: Active

Mission Transformation

The man who fell in love with his creation

It took all the courage inside of me to do what I just did. I grabbed Jared's shirt without letting him say another word, and kissed him. His lips felt like silky ribbons. He kept denying me all these days but he suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist lifting me from the bench and kissing me back. We made out till we were out of breath and I stared at him when we stopped.

"If you don't like me why would you kiss me back?" I asked.

He let me down and swallowed back making his Adam's apple move up and down.

"Serene I can't have feelings for you." he began.

"But why? You say I'm beautiful and that I'm smart and that you care about me!" I said.

"But it just feels wrong." he said.

I sat back on the bench and looking at my hands entwined with one another.

"I don't understand." I said softly.

He got closer to me and rested his hands on my upper thighs. He lifted one hand and passed his thumb through my cheek.

"You don't understand how hard it is for me to try not to like you." he said.

I couldn't believe what he was saying. Did he admit he liked me?

"I'm crazy for you. I mean I feel like the guy in the movie Pygmalion who fell in love with his creation. The guy that turned a girl into a lady." he began.

I smiled and looked up at him.

"I tease you and make fun of you but I like you for you. I mean I would like to see you dress nice sometimes just for me, but I don't care if you looked like that in front of anyone else. I don't want anyone else thinking you look hot." he said chuckling.

I started laughing and buried my face in my hands.

"And I don't want anyone seeing you in just underwear like I did, they'd probably want to do something to you." he said almost laughing.

"You said you didn't see anything that time you liar!" I said gasping.

He started laughing even harder and nearly crushed me against his chest.

"I like you Serene Wills. You've won my heart." he said.

"Then why did you reject me?" I asked.

"I was stupid and thought it would be awkward since your brother is my best friend and I didn't think a man could fall in love with his creation." he replied.

I felt like my heart had been all recovered and healed. I wrapped my arms around Jared and we both stayed in each others arms for a while. It started getting dark outside so we decided we would go home. He dropped me off at my house.

"I'll see you tomorrow." he said.

"Sure" I said smiling.

Before he could back away I ran to his window and kissed him one more time. I couldn't get enough of his lips.

*****

School was a nuisance for me at the moment. I was so caught up in my fantasies that I didn't pay attention at all, and the time seemed to have flied by.

"Hey" Jared said from behind me.

"Hey.." I replied smiling at him.

We walked hand in hand and everyone suddenly became still. They were all quiet and wondering if we were dating. I looked down at our hands and back at him.

"I don't care. I want to hold your hand from now on." he said.

I smiled at him and we walked to his car. We were on our way to his mothers house.

"Why are we going to your house?" I asked.

"I'm gonna settle everything and tell her you're the one I want to be with." he said.

"Wait Jared no-"

He pulled up at his driveway and didn't let me finish my sentence. He opened my door and held my hand while we walked up to his door. His mom stood there in shock at what she was seeing.

"What is going on?" she asked in a demanding way.

"Mom, Serene is the one I want to be with. I broke the engagement with Anabelle." Jared said all in one shot.

His mother looked at him as if she saw a ghost. She automatically walked towards me.

"You think you'll get in the way of my son's precious future?" she said to my face.

"No..I-" I began.

"Mother stop it. I'm 19 and I can do whatever I want. Until now you hadn't been in my life so why begin now?" he shot at her.

She looked at him not believing his words. She blinked many times and gasped while holding her chest.

"Heavens..Jared Scott do you know what you're saying? You want to be with this..this-"

"This nothing. She's smart, beautiful, and I think I love her so let me be and don't arrange anymore blind dates for me because I won't attend them." he said loudly.

"You were always bad luck even now as a grown up man. Always bringing in the bad stuff." she said taking a glance at me.

She walked passed me and turned to Jared.

"I was leaving anyway, I only came here for a job and spotted you." she said with the most serious face on.

I looked at her in disgust of how much of a bad mother she was.

"Have a nice life son, good luck." she said.

She gathered her suitcase and there was taxi waiting for her out front. Jared's grandmother said her farewells and I felt so bad for Jared. He turned to me and I could feel like a little boy was crying on my shoulder. Who said men didn't cry? Jared didn't cry hysterically like a girl would but he let a tear fall.

"I'm sorry Jared. I didn't mean for this to happen to you." I said putting my hand on his head.

"I'm sorry darling" said his grandmother who had a sad face on.

That day was not a really good day. In fact Jared hadn't come to school for a whole week.

******
Two months later ------

I was cleaning out my room of all my old tomboyish clothes since I had gone shopping with Jared this past weekend. I ran downstairs in a little summer dress and short heels. Those 6 inch heels were shoes I was definitely not ready for yet. Jared was waiting for me downstairs because my family, his grandmother, him and I were going to a restaurant to celebrate Jared's and Dereck's graduation ceremony. He was already off to college, though I was still going to be in high school becoming a senior. He assigned for a community college so it was like 10 minutes away meaning he didn't have to move and I'd still see him everyday. His grandmother was such a sweet heart. Maria was also invited as well, I started calling her grandma last month, it just felt better that way. Dereck was actually settling with that girl named Tiffany and I was truly shocked because he never really gave a rats ass about any girl. My mom and dad for some reason had become more involved in our lives and decided the next time they'd go on a trip they would take us.

"You guys ready?" My dad asked.

"Yup!" said Dereck smiling down at his girlfriend Tiffany.

"Alright!" he said pumping his fist.

I started laughing at how silly my dad was sometimes. Everyone was going in their own cars because there was too many people. My parents, Maria, and Jared's grandmother went on my parents car, Dereck and Tiffany together, and then at last Jared and I. We held hands the whole way. I was truly happy and glad that now this unrequited love I thought I had turned into a mutual one. I kissed him on the stop light and he grabbed my face kissing me back.

"I love you!" he yelled with enthusiasm

"AND your polka dot panties too!" he said laughing.

"Stop it! That was a long time ago you jerk!" I said hitting him and laughing.

This was truly like Pygmalion. The man who fell in love with his creation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys! That's a wrap! I'm sorry for only making it 9 chapters but that's the amount I usually make when I write stories. Don't want to make too boring or too long. Thank you for your subscriptions and recommendations. Much love, Diane :)