Status: Finished.

Birthday

Ten

I glanced at my phone as the designated ringtone played throughout my bedroom. I quickly rung my hands before answering.

"Hey," I tried to sound cool, calm and collected... but I was everything but that.

"I miss you," his French accent was oh so present.

"I miss you too," I spoke softly.

"I'm gonna be home tomorrow," he spoke the obvious. We haven't seen each other in a while but he texted me every morning and every night.

"I know," I giggled softly.

"Will you be at the game?" I heard the smile in his voice.

"Do you want me to be?" I had already planned on going. Mike is gonna be in town tomorrow since he's playing the Flyers on Sunday and the Kings don't have a game tomorrow or Saturday.

"I'll leave two tickets for you baby," I smiled at his voice.

"Mike is coming with me tomorrow," I kept the phone against my ear as I laid on my bed.

"Awesome! I haven't seen him in awhile,"

"Neither have I," I laid my head on my pillow as I pulled the cover up on my body and yawned. "I'm so tired," I whined.

"I wish I was with you right now," I grinned as his words as my kitten jumped onto my bed. Ginger padded over to where I was laying down and curled up right next to my head.

"I wish you were here too," I confessed. I really did.

"I love falling asleep with you in my arms Shay," his voice was quieter, like he was whispering me a secret.

"I love how how rub my hip," I spoke softly into the phone.

"G! Come on, I'm hungry." I heard Hartnell's booming voice.

"Hartsy, wait a fucking minute. I'm on the phone with Shay!"

"Hello Shay!" Hartnell yelled. I laughed as I heard Claude muttering curse words.

"Hi Scott!"

"I'm gonna go to dinner before we head to the airport so I'll text you later,"

"Ok Claude, let me know when you land?"

"Of course. Goodnight beautiful," his voice was sweet and endearing.

"Goodnight Claude," I hung up the phone call and placed my phone next to my pillow. He was in Anaheim right now. I glanced at the clock, it was nine thirty here so it's six thirty in Anaheim. If his plane takes off at seven thirty, he'll be home around one thirty in the morning. I sighed softly. Ginger heard my sigh and her eyes popped open, she moved closer to me and cocooned herself between the covers and my chest. I plugged my phone into the charger, turned off my lamp and kissed Ginger's little kitten head.

"Goodnight Ginger," I murmured before closing my eyes, wanting to pass the time before I saw Claude and Mike.
♠ ♠ ♠
Remember how I said this was going to be the last chapter? I lied. There's going to be one more.