Status: Finished.

Birthday

Four

I wrapped my hand around Shay's fingers and led her out of the club. I can't believe she is actually going back to a hotel with me. Richie said she'd kick me in the nuts if I asked. I glanced back and saw her biting her lip as she tried not to bump into people. Her hair flowed down her back and sat on the small of her back. The dress she was wearing accentuated her curves in all the right places and she just looked perfect. I nodded at the security guard as we stepped out into the cold December night. Her fingers left my touch and put on Richie's lucky sports coat. I remember he would always wear that, always. It was always in his car, wherever we went.

"Can you drive?" I asked her. I know she's had a few drinks but I don't know how she holds her alcohol. She's walking fine and I know she drinks with Richie a lot so I imagine she can hold a good amount down.

"Yeah," she smiled at me before digging her keys out from the pocket in the jacket. She began walking ahead of me slightly. She walked with confidence, like she hangs out with NHL players all the time and that this is no big deal to her. Her shoulders were back and she stood tall. Her hips swayed and she walked gracefully in her heels. She could hold her own, and she was her own person... I absolutely adore that about her.

Mike always tells me how much fun she is and how she's like one of the guys when she visits LA. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to her. I've been attracted to her since the day I saw a picture of her. When he told me it was her birthday and that he wanted Danny and I to surprise her, I willingly volunteered him just because I wanted to do it. I wanted to be around her. She reached her car and opened it. I got to the passenger side and looked at her sitting in her car briefly before opening the door.

"You're absolutely beautiful," I spoke honestly. Her cheeks blushed as she smiled. A genuine smile.

"Thank you,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Valentine's day!