Status: Contains some less intense sexual content. ('Less intense' in the sense that nothing's going to be whipped out at you and possibly hit someone)

Practice Makes Perfect

When The Universe Wants to Kick You While You're Down...

Where'd I leave those roofing bits? As nature would have it everything goes wrong when it's most inconvenient, it's a fact everyone learns to live with and almost expect because it's just so damn reliable. Well, this time everything went right; Jenny's leak was nothing more than an exposed crack in the metal making up her den, so Munkustrap needn't more than a square of wood to fix it. In all honesty, he was hoping for a big project so he'd have more time to think... and avoid Mistoffelees.

To show the universe, he insisted on finding some metal sheeting to cover the wood so that wouldn't spoil and leak. It was logical, but it was also smart. Now, if only he could find the scrap metal he set aside...

"What's got him?" Munkustrap, having taken a peek under a stack of rotting fence posts, jumped and ended up knocking a couple good brain cells out of place. He scrambled backwards out of the rot to spot the Rum Tum Tugger perched at the top of the stack. "I don't think I've ever heard Misto almost-yell at you before. And since you make a habit of being a thick-headed boob, you must have really deserved it."

"I don't make a habit of it."

"No one does, bro. I'm not saying it's your fault, you just are." Not quite in the mood to sit there and bicker with the Rum Tum Tugger, Munkustrap ignored him and turned his attention back to the pieces of scrap. "So! What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything," Munkustrap sulked. He flipped over a faded blue tarp to find a bunch of half-broken bricks.

"No, you didn't. For once you did nothing and still got trouble." Munkustrap tried his best to slowly inch away, using the guise of looking for better material to wander off. Tugger easily caught on and migrated to a spot near the rubbish bin the tabby was currently inspecting."Or, rather, for twice?"

That caught Munkustrap's attention. "He told you?! What did he say?"

Tugger's grin stretched, wide and goofy, from one extreme of his face to the other. Clearly pleased with the sudden change. "No, he didn't-- well, yes, he told me to go stuff it-- but it's not incredibly hard to tell that our usually chipper magician is a little frustrated," He emphasized the word with a knowing wink. "What excuse did you give him this time? Clearly it didn't work."

Shuffling from side to side, Munkustrap bowed his head in shame; he regretted confessing the conversation already."I didn't. I just... froze."

Tugger's grin disappeared. "Uh oh."

"And then I ran."

It was a very quiet statement, whispered into the palms of his hands, but Tugger had an ear for embarrassing stories so he knew there was no need to repeat himself. "You ran?!" Munkustrap simply nodded. Only when Tugger let out a low, long-winded whistle did he peel his face from his hands; he had to know how bad he'd screwed up. Tugger nodded. "Get used to being alone, Munk."

"He wouldn't leave me because of that... right?"

"I don't know. He might if he thinks he can get better." To Munkustrap's surprise, Tugger was pleasantly serious and considerate. It was worrisome For a moment the maned tom frowned. Eventually, as he combed through his whiskers, he smiled. "...You know, he might be a bit more understanding if you just flat out tell him you're a virgin."

Munkustrap's cheeks burned beneath the dark fur on his face; his eyes darted about the scrap for anyone who might have wandered over wondering about the never ending echo travelling across London and who was the virgin? When no one showed up he picked up the conversation with a harsh bark of laughter that even caught Tugger off guard. "And what good will that do me? It'll get me laughed at and-- Everlasting, imagine if word got out!"

"It might finally give Misto a reason to stick around," Tugger pointed out. "Right now he probably thinks you just don't want to be with him: it's amazing what running away from someone who's trying to seduce you can do to a tom's pride."

He hadn't thought of that before. It was hard enough for him to run out of the den unscathed, imagine what Mistoffelees was thinking. Imagine how he must have felt.

Mistoffelees, Munkustrap knew, had gone terribly on him, for he definitely deserved to be more than almost-yelled at. Tugger had reached out to put a hand on his shoulder. "I'm not saying you have to sleep with him, but at least tell him why."

"I do want to- sleep with him, that is- but he's done it before and I don't know what to do, especially for someone more.. experienced."

"Everlasting, Munk, cats with less than half a brain have been doing it perfectly fine without even knowing what it is! Plus I'm sure Mistoffelees won't mind helping you figure it out." Tugger said. "Now, if you excuse me, all this talk of sex is making me hungry. Care to join me for a hunt?"

Munkustrap sighed. He nuzzled Tugger's arm and ran his fingers though his headfur. "No. I think I better go find Mistoffelees."

Tugger released him to bring his hand up into a salute. He clicked his heels together and boomed, "Good luck, brother," before turning to find his next meal. Just before jumping off to disappear into a mess of mattresses he stopped short and turned back to the tabby. "Here's a little tidbit for ya: massaging underarms is a real turn on." In no time flat he was gone in a noisy trail of falling drywall and broken frames.

Being alone with his thoughts almost made him regret turning down even Tugger's company. He'd already agreed to talk to Mistoffelees...
But he wanted to know about that arm thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tugger, for the lovely n00bs possibly reading this, is probably the whoriest person in the entire show. Don't get me wrong, there's hardly a soul in the fanbase who doesn't love the guy! It's just that he's probably had sex with everyone.

He's a whore.

But he's fun as hell to write :)