Status: Mega busy with University - will update the second I have free time

The CSI Effect

The CSI Effect

A young girl's screams pierced the air as she ran frantically from her house. On the hallway floor lay a man, smothered in his own blood, dead. Soon the scene was filled with investigators, well underway with collecting evidence. One stood from her kneeling position, her blond hair flapping behind her. Another hovered over the body, analyzing the wounds.

"If it were done 'tis done, then it 'twere well it were done quickly"

The man announced to the room but really to himself. The others look at him, bewildered. But they didn't have the chance to think about it for too long as they were interrupted by the familiar thrash of guitar and drums as The Who began to play.


"Why do I bother watching this?" Billie Joe asked as the CSI theme tune began to fill the room.

"I have no idea" Adrienne replied sighing, wishing that the job really was that easy.

"Wouldn't it be great to have all that fancy equipment? Imagine trying to get the government to pay for all that".

Both Billie and Adie's pagers went off simultaneously - it was Mike with yet another case.

"Here we go again"

_______________

They made their way into the home of the elderly Ernest Myles, who had been found dead, still sitting in his armchair.

"I have to tell you Mike, not really feeling crime scene here" Billie Joe told his friend and colleague.

"It didn't appear suspicious to me either but the doctor insisted that there was something not right. Apparently he's not dead enough, hence the reason I called you." He said, turning to Adrienne.

She made an preliminary examination of the body as Mike began to fill them in with more information of the circumstances that lead the G.P to suspect something much more sinister than a natural death.

"The son said he hadn't heard from his father all weekend which was unusual, the last time they spoke was Friday afternoon, when he came to check he found him like this and called the family doctor. From the doc's estimated time of death he thought there should have been more signs of decomposition and called us".

"Since when did regular doctors start estimating time of death!" Adrienne exclaimed ludicrously. "Well, I'll need to get him back to the morgue before I can estimate a time of death and see whether this physician's theory is valid or not".

As the body was transported back to the morgue Billie Joe was left behind, wondering why he had been called out to what seemed to be nothing more than a case of an overzealous doctor.

"I'll see if there is any evidence of something suspicious but don't get your hopes up!" He warned.