Status: Main Story!

Let The Rest Come Easy.

p r o l o g u e;;

“Alex, there’s a blizzard outside. Why on earth do you think it’s a good idea to walk?” The older English woman tried reasoning with her son to stay put in the warm where it was safe. Knowing it was no use as he continued tying his black work boots up and lip synced to whatever song was playing from his new iPhone.

“Mom, I’m 25 years old. That’s a quarter of my life!” he tried reasoning and continued before she could open her mouth to criticize his plans again. “Plus, I only came over for dinner. I need to get home somehow.” He flipped the hood of his hoodie over his head before layering himself with jackets from his youth. Good thing he was skinnier than he was in high school.

“Alexander. Can’t you just wait till morning? Your old room’s still how you left it!” His mother begged as he thanked himself for spending the almost one hundred dollars on his life proof phone case. He kissed the begging woman and waved to his portly father, thanking them for their hospitality and food. His mother still pleaded, in which he sighed and tried to reason.

“Baz and Peyton need to be fed, and I’m sure as hell not picking up their crap. I’ll walk on grass or something so I don’t get hit by a plow or something and I’ll be sure to call when I get home.” He said, but before his mother protested again, he picked up his beat-up backpack with enough leftovers to feed an entire army for a week, so he and Jack could survive till Rian got back from visiting Cassadee so he could go food shopping. That was one of the disadvantages of not having Lisa around; his chores that magically use to get done while Rian was gone were now piling up really bad.

He took out his cell phone and went through his text messages, seeing if anyone was brave enough to conquer the storm with him. But there was only one problem with Maryland…even though it did snow from time to time; people wouldn’t leave their houses in an inch of snow, let alone a blizzard. Everyone in his phone book was all texting him telling him how stupid he was for walking in this, or telling him they were out of town.

Funny how people leave when they hear snow is coming.

He looked up and sighed, wishing he took his mother’s advice as he was already half way to his house. There wasn’t a huge need to go home, but he didn’t want to stay at his parent’s house any longer with them always commenting on how he shouldn’t of broken it off with Lisa, or how he should start talking to her again. It was like they liked her more and if they had to pick sides, Lisa would win. Lisa was fun sometimes, he couldn’t deny that, but sometimes she just drove him up a wall with accusations of him cheating or her pestering for him to come back to Baltimore for a day on his breaks on his tour.

He loved Lisa, he thought as it seemed to snow harder. He loved how she was herself and did what she did to make sure she wasn’t living on his fame. Her modeling, her recycling bullshit, everything made her super cute, but he can’t help but think time to time that she’s either growing out of him or he’s getting to comfortable. That’s the one thing he knew he couldn’t be, comfortable. He’s seen too many relationships end because the other was too in love and the other one just wanted to grow. Hell, his dad always told him not to stick with someone safe, because you won’t find the person you’re meant to be with. And let’s admit it; Peter Gaskarth was one hell of a smart guy.

He just wished he could find someone he just instantly connected with. He believed in love at first site. The only problem with love at first site was most people knew he was in a relatively famous band and they all knew he made money. He wanted someone who would look past that and see how great of a guy he was, not how great his money was. But every girl he seemed to get close to always fucked him over in the end. Maybe he was just destined to entertain and be single. Hell, Jack’s single all the time. The last longtime girlfriend was a playboy model. How the hell he scored Holly was beyond her, but Jack seemed to be happy single. If it’s not hard for him, it shouldn’t be hard for Alex; right?
Xx


She sat on her porch, cigarette in one hand, and a red solo cup in another full of a dirty hot chocolate. Her mom always told her the way to get over snow storm was with a fire and some hot chocolate, she just satisfied it to her adult taste. There was a party going on inside of the small house that her and her best friend rented. “Surviving the storm with best friends” her friend quoted as she gave her a look of pure confusion. Sure, she loved my friends as much as the next person but, there was no way of telling when the storm will let up, and dirty jokes and getting drunk only is awesome for so long.

She just wished she had a person to talk to. A male, perhaps, since females pissed her off. If he was good looking would be a plus, but she’d take anybody. She watched the streets, but the only person she saw was the old man next door letting his dog out and the occasional plower coming down the street. As she was about to turn in and make the most of a shitty situation, she saw a guy walking down the streets. In all honesty, he looked like a bum. He looked like he had five jackets covering his thin body and his knee’s had rips in them. She threw her cigarette butt on the snow, hearing it sizzle before wiping up a spot on the porch.
“Are you just stupid, or do you like to occasionally get a light case of hypothermia?” the blond question, pushing a piece of hair from her face.

The boy shook his head so his brown hair was now out of his face, to reveal his bright pink cheeks and very pale, tinted blue lips. He looked like he had to be walking for at least 15 minutes. “I’m just walking home from my mothers. I need to go home to my dogs.” He spoke, his voice shaking from how cold he was.

“Oh, so you’re stupid but love your animals. Sounds cool to me, bro.” she said with a light laugh before standing up and wiping whatever snow was on her Pinktm sweatpants before nodding her head, signaling him to come inside. “We have hot chocolate. Dirty and virgin.” She said before looking him up and down before laughing. “I think you need a shot of jager in yours to get you back to normal.” She smirked before turning his back towards him.
He instinctively followed her. He couldn’t tell if it was because she was hot, because there was alcohol involved, or for a chance for him to get warm, but he wasn’t going to shoot her down; especially when hot chocolate and jager was involved.

“Guys, I invited….”the blond said as they entered the warm house with about a dozen people in it. “Shit, I don’t know his name. Let’s call him stupid. I invited stupid in so he could have some hot cocoa before going back out on his adventure home.” Everyone welcomed him before he leaned forward.

“It’s Alex. I’m Alex Gaskarth.” He said, in a matter-of-factly tone. She raised an eyebrow and bit her bottom lip.

“I feel like I should know that name.” she said pondering before giving him his drink. “I’m Dillion. People usually call me DJ.” She said with a grin before sipping her drink.

It wasn’t long before Alex was five cups in and buzzed from the alcohol. Dillion and he ended up talking about different things before he saw the snow lighten up. “I should probably get going.” He stated looking at his stuff then back at her.

With a roll of her eyes, she hit him playfully. “You’re buzzed. Stay here for the night until the storm clears up. I promise I won’t rape you.” She said with a small laugh.

“Oh damn, I was hoping you were.” Alex said before nodding. “Fine, I’ll stay. But go to bed you look extremely tired.” He said before pushing her up.

“That’s just cause I’m drunk.” She said before pointing at him. “But I will go to bed. Good night, Alex Gaskarth.” She said before climbing up the stairs. Alex got comfortable on the chair before looking to his side and saw her phone. He picked it up and put his name and number in it before passing out on the chair for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! Blizzard Nemo made an apperance since I'm buried in it right now! R&R!!