Falling for You Was Out of My Control

I am Sorry

Jessie's POV
"We going for lunch?" Evgeni lent down and kissing my lips as he got ready to go to practice.
"I am sorry I can't, I promised Anna and some friends that we would go out for lunch but I am sure you could come along if you want," I offered.
"Alright sound good, I bring Sid? He need more friends," he smiled.
"Ok I am sure my friends won't mind having lunch with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin."
"Evgeni Malkin then Sidney Crosby," he corrected, "and I just person no big deal."
"Aww see this is why I love you," I grabbed his chin and kissed him hard, "Mr Evgeni Malkin the humble one."

I kept myself busy all morning paying attention to the dogs but it wasn't really working. I had no work to o and when Evgeni wasn't around I was so bored. I missed him every second he wasn't around and I felt like maybe I was developing some rather unhealthy attachment to him.

Is it possible to get too attached to someone? Am I going to become one of those washed up people when someone leaves who can't look after themselves? Am I that dependent on him?

"So how is everything going?" Anna smiled snuggling into Ian's side as we sat at the booth waiting for Evgeni and Sid to arrive.
"It's good, I am good, Evgeni's good, we're both good," I smiled before I saw them walking in.

"Hey," I stood up allowing Sid to slide in first before Evgeni wrapped his arms around me and dropped a kiss to my lips.
"Well that was a nice hello," I smiled as we pulled away.
"Missed you," he whispered looking over my shoulder at everyone.
"I missed you too," I gave him a final kiss and turned around and looked at everyone who stared back.
"So guys this is Evgeni and Sid," they all looked at me like I was idiot, "Evgeni, Sid, this is Anna, Anna's boyfriend Ian, Nathan and Cameron..."
"Hey," I heard a familiar voice behind us.
"Liam?" Ian smiled.

"Liam..." I turned around looked shocked that he was standing right in front of me. Evgeni picked up on it and snaked his arm around my waist pulling me into his side.
"Here sit down," Ian insisted grabbed him a chair.

Evgeni looked at me with worried eyes as I pushed him into the booth, "it's ok," I gave him a kiss to remind everyone, myself included that I was with Evgeni.

If things could have gotten anymore awkward they would have. My palms were sweating, my knee was bouncing, my mouth was dry and no matter how much I tried not to look at him I couldn't stop.
Liam always had a way of making me feel like that, always made me lose my mind and this was exactly what worried me. Couldn't he have just stayed away forever? Just disappeared and left us all, he had done it before.

"Anna can we talk for a moment?" I got up and I could feel Liam's eyes following me the whole time.
"Sure," we headed outside into the cold.

"What the hell is he doing here?!" I burst the moment the door shut behind her.
"He comes to lunch with us every day," she shrugged.
"Anna you know I can't see him," I was beginning to feel betrayed.
"Well I am sorry that we have all disappeared off the face of the earth since you got a rich hockey playing boyfriend."
"Anna I didn't mean to..."
"Yeah because we aren't good enough to just come for lunch or say hello to in the hall way now are we?"
"I am sorry," I felt all the blood rush from my head as she began to walk away.
"No you’re not," she bit, "I will be sure to send your Russian millionaire out," she walked off without looking back.

Evgeni's POV
"Jessie!" I called out she began to walk away aimlessly.
"I better get going, I will see you tomorrow at practice?" Sid put his hand on my shoulder.
"Yeah ok, cya," I ran off after her.

"Jessie!" I continued to shout as she just kept walking.

"Jessie," I caught up to her as she stopped.

"Jessie," I stepped in front of her and cupped her face making her look at me as she looked about ready to pass out.
"Hey," I tilted her head up to me but her eyes rolled back in her head and she was gone.
"Jessie not do this," I scooped her up in my arms and carried her back to my car.

I put her in the passenger side of the car and buckled her in before taking her back to my place.

“Evgeni, what happened?” my mother looked shocked as I carried Jessie inside.
“She was upset and really emotional, she just collapsed,” I explained heading upstairs.
“The poor thing,” she followed close behind as I went into my room, “would you like me to get her a glass of water?”
“Yes, please,” I smiled knowing my mother was coming around on the idea of Jessie.

I put her in my bed and helped her out of her jacket as Jeffrey and Sebastian sat by staring at me.
“What?” I glared at them as they watched with eager eyes.
“Ok Jeffrey up,” I patted the bed and he jumped up making himself comfortable at the foot of the bed.
“Here you go,” I picked up Sebastian and put him on the bed next to her where he snuggled in resting his head on her stomach.
“Be good, watch Jessie,” I pointed to them as I headed out of the room to see what was taking my mother so long.

“Oh here you go sweetie,” she handed over the glass.
“Thanks,” I swiped it from the counter top and began to walk away.
“Evgeni…” she stopped me.
“Yeah?” I turned around on my heel.
“Is there anything we can do to help?”
“I don’t know… maybe you could make borscht? Jessie would like that.”
“Are you sure Jessie would like that or just you?” she smiled.
“No Jessie would too,” I headed off back upstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no! What is she going to do?