Falling for You Was Out of My Control

I Wish He Would Listen To Me

Jessie’s POV
“You ok?” I put my hand on his back to steady him as he stepped up the porch stairs to the front door.
“I am fine,” he grabbed the rail and pulled himself up one step at a time.
“You sure?” I double checked as we reached the door.
“Yes.”
“Ok wait here,” I unlocked the door and headed inside almost getting knocked over my Jeffrey and Sebastian who were excited to be back together.

“Jessie,” I heard his voice echo through the front door.
“What?” I was rushing around trying to find the one little thing I had been waiting to give him since he left.
“Is cold,” he whined.
“Uhh you’re such a baby,” I opened the door to see him hugging himself warm, “it’s not even that cold.”

“Give me your keys,” I put my hand out and took them away.
“What you doing?” he tried to peer over my shoulder.
“Get out of it,” I swatted him away and put the key on the ring with the rest of his keys.

“Here,” I singled out the pink key and handed it over.
“What?” he curled his eyebrow up at me.
“Just open the door,” I rolled my eyes at him.

I watched as he put the key in the door and waited until the locked clicked open.

“Now you have a key to my place,” I looked up at him and all he could do was smile.
“I love you,” he cupped my face and kissed me hard on the lips pushing me inside and closing the door behind us.
“I love you too,” I snaked my arms under his jacket and around his back loving being close to him again.

“If I have key your place, you have key my place,” he pulled away and I watched as he wiggled the key from the ring and placed it in my hand.
“Really? You don’t have to,” I looked up not needing that from him, “I just wanted you to know how much you mean to me.”
“And I want you know I need you,” he tilted my chin up and made me look him in the eyes, “always need you,” he sealed it with a sweet kiss.

*Woof Woof!* Jeffrey barked looking rather approving of our signs of affection.
“Is that so?” I walked over to Jeffrey and knelt down in front of him where he began licking my face.
“I love you too boy.”
“We have best dogs,” Evgeni smiled kneeling down next to me and petting the big dog who was happy again.
“I think so too.”

He had a few up and down moments throughout the day but he was on rest and not allowed to do anything. I was sure it wasn’t doing him much good because he just seemed to be more and more tired as the day went on.

“Are you sure you’re ok?” I asked running my hand through his hair as he rested his head on my lap.
“I feel weird,” he sat up looking dazed.
“Well just lay back down and rest.”
“I not want to rest anymore,” he was like a six year old with a cold and I couldn't resist myself to mother him.
“Do you want some dinner then?”
“Ok,” he got up and I tried to stop him but he was animate in helping.

“You know when I was hurt you helped me so now your hurt why can’t I just help you?” I sighed as he took over and continued cooking.
“You help, but I not really hurt,” he shrugged mixing the spaghetti bolognaise.
“You are hurt you’re just too proud to admit it,” I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head into his back.

He didn’t say anything back and I knew him all too well. He knew it and I knew it. He just didn’t want to miss out on that much hockey again after his knee injury.

He tried to be his normal self, turning on the tv and pulling me into his side. But I wanted to look after him, I wanted to make sure he was going to be fine and not rush himself back. I hated stubborn Evgeni.

I caught him rubbing his temples out the corner of my eye and I knew it was all too much too fast for him.
“Alright Evgeni that’s enough,” I stood up taking the remote away from him, “you are going to make yourself worse.”
“I am fine,” but I could see right through his lie.
“You’re not, now come on,” I grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

“Where we going?” he didn’t look happy that I was dragging him around.
“My house also has an awesome bath, you are going to go and rest.”
“You come too?” he smiled.
“Evgeni,” I sighed because he wasn’t taking this like he should have been, “I will come if it means you will stop for just a while. You’re scaring me, please.”
“Ok,” his features calmed as he traced my cheek, “I am sorry.”

I was just glad he had finally stopped and was letting me look after him at least for now.

I was worried about him, absolutely terrified that he wasn’t going to let himself get better and then he would end up like Sid. I knew how much hockey meant to him but it wasn’t worth rushing back into it and ruining his career because he couldn’t be patient.

“Evgeni,” I ran my hand through his brown wet locks as he rested his head on my shoulder.
“Mmm,” he mumbled sounding almost asleep as we laid in the bath and this time he was letting me look after him.
“Just don’t rush back into it, the team will be there waiting for you when you’re ready.”
“I know.”

“I love you,” he looked up at with tired eyes but managed a small smile.
“I love you too,” I lent down and kissed his lips.

Spending each night in each other’s arms was all I could hope for. Spending the rest of my life with him was all I wanted, especially if it was like this.