Falling for You Was Out of My Control

When Dreams Collide

Jessie's POV
I watched his face turn into a frown as his eyes ran over the letter stopping a few times before he just stared at me.

"You going?" His eyes were so sad it hurt.
"I don't know."

I had been offered the chance to play for New York in the WNBA. It had been a dream of mine to play professional basketball for as long as I could remember. But once I hurt my knee I didn't think I would be in for a chance at anything ever again.

I had been so reluctant to tell him about it. I didn't want him think I was just going to leave without thinking everything through. I wanted to be with him more than anything in the world and people would say I was crazy to pass up the offer but a part of me wanted to because I had met him. 

"I mean the first part is just a week. I go over there meet with the coaches, some of the players see how it all is, I have to go see their doctor about my knee."
"When?"
"Thursday, they have 10 people trying and the sooner they get it done the better for them."
"You not tell me?" His frowned was slowly turning into anger.
"I have been trying to tell you for a week now," I defended.
"Why?" 
"Because I knew you would freak out like this," I was about to get real wild if he wouldn't stop questioning my every move and thought.

"I not..."
"Don't say you aren't freaking out because you are and if this is how you are going to be then just make it easier on everyone and leave!" I got up not being able to deal with this anymore.
"Oh good now push me away!" he was hot on my heels.

"Well now look what you have done," Annabelle began crying and if we thought things were bad with a screaming baby in the middle it was worse.

"Blame me, all my fault, you yell too!"
Annabelle looked up in shock at the sound of Evgeni's angry voice before her screams became more intense.
"Don't you ever yell in front of her," I gritted my teeth and pushed my finger into his chest before walking passed him.

"It's ok sweetie, he isn't yelling at you," I held her to my chest as the little girl sobbed.
"Shhhh it's ok," I walked around the house trying to calm her down, "we're sorry sweetie."

As I was making her a bottle Evgeni stood close by watching my every move and to be honest I was glad Annabelle had began crying because at least it stopped our fight.

"Give here," he gestured for Annabelle. I wasn't sure if he should but he was taking her out of my arms before I really got a chance to say yes or no.

He disappeared into the lounge room and the dogs sat staring at me with sad eyes.
"Don't you two do it as well," I knelt down in front of them and got licked half to death as if they were pleading for me not to go.

I went and took a shower knowing it would be the only thing to help me calm down.

Why couldn't he just be happy for me?
Why couldn't he want this for me like I wanted hockey for him? I would do anything to be there for him for it, I just wished he would be there for me too.

"You know maybe..." I stopped about ready to start the fight all over again when I saw him sound asleep on the couch. Annabelle was curled up on his chest sound asleep, his large hand spread across her entire back keeping her there.

I didn't think Evgeni and I would ever be the couple to fight like this. Brandon always said we were like Lily and Marshall from How I Met Your Mother. Apparently we would slowly lose the ability to function as a normal human being without each other. He was probably right though, just at the thought of being away from Evgeni made me feel sick.

I took Annabelle from Evgeni even though they were the cutest things I had ever seen and nudged Evgeni awake.
"Go to bed," I whispered.
"Huh?" His forehead wrinkled and his eyes narrowed with confusion.
"Go to bed, you will wake up with a sore neck tomorrow if you don't."

Just because I was angry at him didn't mean I didn't care about him.

"I am sorry," I felt his front press into my back as his strong arms wrap around me while I fought with myself to put Annabelle in her cot.
"It's ok, couples fight not a big deal."

"One day we have own kids," he reached around and ran his hand over Annabelle's head as she rested her head in my neck.
"Evgeni," I sighed not wanting to go through this again.
"When you ready," he turned me around and took Annabelle and placed her in her cot.

"When you ready," he repeated taking my hand and dragging me to bed.

"No more fighting," he whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arms around me.
"At least for now," I settled in our big warm bed.

If he was to ask me right now if I would go there would be no way I would leave. This was the kind of thing that made it impossible to want to go, even just for a week which would feel like forever anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well none of you thought that was what it was about did you? I am the diversion master :) make you think one thing and BAM! No. Anyways what do think? Will she go?