Falling for You Was Out of My Control

She Did What?

Evgeni’s POV
It was hard to think about hockey when all that was on my mind was Jessie. I wanted to know what she was doing, how she was feeling, if everything was working out for her. I just wanted to be with her.

“You ready to go G?” Sid put his hand on my shoulder as I sat in my stall trying to convince myself to get up and out on the ice for the game.
“Something wrong?” he sat down next to me putting his stick down and turning his attention to me.
“Is nothing, just game,” I tried to lie but Sid knew me too well.
“Come on G seriously.”
“Just worry about Jessie,” I sighed.
“You guys will be fine, I know it’s hard but it will be ok,” Sid had really turned around on this. He was only one I had told about the miscarriage and he was trying so hard to be there for me.
“Now come on we have a game to win,” he got up and waited for me to follow.

Yeah it was true we had to win this one, if not there was no playoff finals for us and if there was one thing I wanted bad it was to win the Stanley Cup again.

“GENO!” Sid was yelling at over and over which because of his anger Dan was yelling at me and I just couldn’t handle it anymore.

The first person to piss me off on the Bruins was going to get it and unlucky for me it was Chara but before I even got a chance to get away he had my jersey.

I don’t know what I was thinking but as his fist laid punch after punch I was thinking much at all.

“Hey G you alright?”
“G.”
“Geno.”
“Wake up.”

I heard different voices around me and as I tried to sit up before I was being pushed back down.
“Just take your time,” Chris eased me back down.
“I am ok,” I blinked trying to settle my eye sight.
“Why would you pick a fight with him?”
“I didn’t know,” I forced my way up. I didn’t need to be lying down any longer.
“Careful,” Chris helped me to my feet.

The whole arena erupted into cheers as I got up.
“You’re an idiot,” Sid shook his head disapprovingly.

But I didn’t care about how dumb I was, I knew it was dumb. I also didn’t know it was Chara and I would probably be regretting it for a few days.

I was stripping off my chest guard and climbing up onto medical table when I heard her.

“Evgeni,” she ran in with worry all over her face.
“Jessie?” if I thought I was confused before, I was out of it completely now.

“Are you ok?” she cupped my face and made me look at her.
“What? How did you? I don’t know,” I dropped my head.
“Evgeni,” she laughed pitifully, “it’s me. I am back.”
“Your back?” I looked up again to meet her beautiful blue eyes.
“For good, no more basketball.”
“Really?” I didn’t think she would give it up just like that, maybe there was something more to it, “Why?”
“Because I love you,” she kissed my lips.

It had to be more than that but right now I was just happy to have her back. I didn’t care how or why I just wanted her.