Falling for You Was Out of My Control

Holding Him Again

Evgeni's POV
It had been hard just sitting back and waiting for Andrei to get better but it was something we had to do, something I really didn't have the patience for. So when the nurse walked and announced we could finally hold him I was over the moon.

“You can first,” I nodded to Jessie who looked rather nervous about the idea as she sat down in the chair next to his bed.
“Maybe try and feed him too,” the nurse suggested.
“I don't know, what if I hurt him?”
“Just hold him like you normally would and he will move into what is comfortable for him,” she informed us.
“Not worry, he be ok,” I knelt down next to her putting a reassuring hand on her knee.
“Do you want do it first?” she looked to me with desperate eyes.
“No just hold him,” I gestured for the nurse to place Andrei in her arms.

We had finally got to see his stitches earlier in the morning, a few inches long down the middle of his chest and that kind of set Jessie off.

“Hey bud,” I peered over her arm to see him staring back up at us with a smile on his face. No more tubes and probes it was just our little guy looking back.
I noticed Jessie's hand shaking as she pulled the blanket back to see his scar before she lent down to kiss his forehead and set of tears rolling down her cheek.

“It's ok,” I moved closer so I could wrap my arms around her. I had spent nearly every night now holding her in my arms as she cried in fear of losing him.
“I am just so relieved,” she relaxed turning to bury her face into my neck.
“Everything be ok,” I dropped a kiss to her forehead.

Andrei cooed happily as he grabbed onto my shirt turning our attention back to the little boy lying in her arms.
“Yeah, everything be ok,” I smiled running my thumb over his forehead.

He latched onto my arm and pulled my hand down to his mouth.
“I think he is hungry,” Jessie laughed as I tried to get away from his vice grip. For a 5 month old he was stronger than I thought and would grab a hold of your finger tighter than you would think possible for such a small boy.

The nurse brought in a bottle and handed it over to Jessie. The moment it caught Andrei's eyes he was licking his bottom lip in anticipation.

'I don't think I have ever seen him pull that face before,” Jessie smiled as she titled the bottle for him.
He let go of my finger and wrapped his tiny hands around Jessie's that was holding the bottle pulling it closer and going to town his first real feed since surgery.

“Someone hungry,” I smiled tracing his puffy pink cheek.
“I can't believe he is actually having a bottle without crying.”
“He not eat for days, he drink all.”
“If he drinks it all I will be over the moon,” Jessie was already bringing her motherly instincts back out.
“He will, you see.”

Sure enough though he did. All of his milk was gone and Jessie made a huge fuss over him.
“He has never finished a full bottle before,” she beamed up at me.
“And now he is going to sleep it off,” I laughed as he yawned reaching for my hand again.
“Here you can hold him now,” Jessie handed him over.

I took the little boy from her and wrapped the blanket around him making sure his hands were tucked away as he always liked to sleep. I paced the room whispering to him as his noises subsided and his little body was giving in. He peered up at me one last time as I tucked his teddy in with him knowing that would get him to doze off.