Falling for You Was Out of My Control

My Life Is Perfect

Evgeni's POV
Getting some normality back in our life seemed almost impossible sometimes, but with each passing moment that our little guy got better our life came back with it.

I could make it practice on time again, my game wasn't off any more and I was getting back into the rhythm of hockey again. It was almost like a huge weight had been lifted off our shoulder's and we could finally enjoy our life again, for the most part.

“I get him or you?” I mumbled into my pillow as Andrei woke up earlier than we had hoped.
“You can,” Jessie smiled back as I glared at her. I don't know why I would have expected any other answer from her, the bed was warm and there was no way she was getting out if she didn't have to.
“Fine,” I sighed heaving myself from the bed.

I plodded across the hall and into the nursery to find Andrei's blanket hanging out of the rails of his cot and knew that was why he was fussing.
“What is wrong?” I moved over to his cot and peered down at him. His face was scrunched up, mouth wide open with his one little new tooth beginning to peek through.
“You lose your blanket?”I pulled it free and went to tuck him.

I could have swore his cries turned into screams in an instant as I laid the blanket back over him. He squirmed and pushed it away wanting nothing to do with it only to latch onto my hand. His different cries were already plastered in my mind, he wasn't hungry, he didn't need to be changed, he was just grumpy.
“No Andrei, sleep,” I tried to pry my hand away from him but it was no use, he wasn't about to let go any time soon.

“Ok, ok, come here,” I picked him up and held him too my chest.
“It's ok, daddy is here,” I paced the room rubbing my hand up and down his back until his cries quietened down enough that I could take him back into the bedroom with me.

“Is he ok?” Jessie sat up brushing her hand through her hair and out her face.
“He not happy,” I climbed back into bed and let her take the little guy away from me, “I think teeth hurt him,” I ran my finger over his pink cheek.
“Poor thing,” she dropped a kiss to his forehead, “hold him for a second.”

Once it hit 6 am we didn't really get much sleep, we were usually awake and getting on with our morning. But any chance we got to stay in bed with Andrei we took it, even if he wasn't in the best mood.

Jessie came back with a cold damp cloth and handed it to me, “let him chew it, mum told me it would help.”

It was like he knew what it was for straight away as he pushed my finger from his mouth and shoved it between his gums.
“He will be fine,” Jessie ran her hand over his head as he settled on my chest as if nothing could bother him again.
“I know, just make me worry sometimes.”

If someone had have told me this was how my life was going to turn out a year ago I wouldn't have believed them. I wouldn't have thought Jessie and I would be the way we are a team; wherever one of us was the other was sure to be right there by their side helping out. I couldn't image my life without her in it and I while I didn't think this was exactly how it would all happen I didn't want it any other way.

I wrapped my free arm around her and pulled Jessie into my side so she could rest on my other shoulder, “I love you,” I dropped a kiss to the top of her head.
She looked up at me a hint of confusion on her features but smiled none the less, “I love you too,” she whispered leaning up to kiss my lips softly the way on Jessie did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys so this is the end of this part I hope you have all enjoyed it like I have enjoyed writing it :)

I am planning on putting out a one shot sequel or maybe a just a couple of chapters depending on how I see it working so keep an eye out for that.