Don't Do This

Now

"We're leaving," John looked at Maya, then me, before adding, "Now." He grabbed us both by the arm and drug us through the doorway and down the hall.

"Oh, get you're panties out of a twist, she started it," I snorted, rolling my eyes, and just to be stubborn, dug my feet into the linoleum floor to make it harder for him.

"Yeah, well, you contributed, damn it! I am tired of the way the both of you act! And Maya you are supposed to be the mature one, and you did start it. What the fuck is wrong with this family?" He muttered the last part under his breath, as he shook his head.

"Look at what she did to me!! She's fuckin' crazy John! Why are you getting mad at me?!" She screeched, acting like a 5 year old as more tears streamed down her face.

"Oh shut up, you're just mad, because I'm 8 years younger than you and I whooped you're ass, don't even go there." I rolled my eyes and looked straight ahead, as John lead us to the car.

"Stop it, right now. I'm done, dad just died, and you guys are bickering like babies. Just shut up, you're an embarrassment, to our entire family. We have bad news to delivering, to children act a little dignified," John ordered glaring at both of us.

"Okay... I'm sorry," I murmured gently putting my hand on his shoulder, then added, as I got into the back seat, "But I'm sitting in back, she might try and gouge my eyes out from behind."

He heaved a heavy sigh, but didn't say anything. Maya was grown up enough to get into the passenger's seat, and cross her arms with a huff, as she looked out the side window.