Status: Updated occasionally.

Wayward Ficlets of Wayward Sons.

Brothers.

Sam remembered the first time they had moved. New people, new school, new life, but always Dean. Dean was there for him.

Sam remembered the first time Dean had come back from a hunt. Shirt torn, bleeding, but still smiling at his little brother.

"S'all right, Sammy. Just a little roughed up is all."

He remembered taking care of Dean when no one else was around to do it, seeing the look of genuine gratitude on his face under the dirt and fatigue.

Things were simple then.

There was nothing he could do for him now.

He had screamed. Sobbed. Begged. Threatened.

Nothing worked.

He saw Dean's face everywhere, beaten and bloodied but still with that stupid, ridiculous little smile upon his face. As if everything would be fine because of him.

"I'm proud of us."

Dean was gone, but Sam was still here. They were supposed to go together. At least, that's what Sam had gathered over the years. Things didn't work out when they weren't together.

He would be fine, eventually. Once he had Dean back, everything would go back to the way it had always been.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haven't updated this in forever and honestly haven't actually written anything in forever. Hopefully it's passable. Season 10 is intense, though. I would promise more to come, but I did that last time and ended up not posting until now. Thank you for reading.