You Saved Me

First Meetings

"Drake, I don't want to go to your friend's house. I just want to go home." I screamed through my tears. God, the boy was infuriating. Couldn't he get the hint.

"Look, just go there with me. If you don't want to be there after thirty minutes, I'll drive you home. Bret's really cool. You'll like him, trust me." He was a little tipsy. I wouldn't trust him driving if I wanted to live. That's probably why I didn't care if I got in the car or not. Because I didn't care if that night was the last night I lived.

Drake's old beat up car smelled like weed. He'd probably been smoking it before he saw me at the park with my friend Jessica. She climbed into the backseat and layed down. She was pretty out of it. Drake started blasting some music from the '80s that I didn't recognize. Five minutes driving and we could easily hear Jessica's snores over the radio. Lovely. Tonight was just going to be a big fiery ball of sunshine.

*****

I definitely wasn't expecting the man who opened up the door. He was like a Greek god who decided to grace the earth and us meek, humble humans with his presence. His brown, curly messy hair hung around and framed his face perfectly. His blue eyes were absolutely enchanting. Almost hypnotizing. I never wanted to look away from him. I instantly became self-conscious though. I tugged down on my long sleeved shirt hoping that he didn't see my scars. I untucked my hair from behind my ear and tried to hind behind it. It was a childish move, but in this guy's presence, I definitely felt like a child.

He smiled real big, it made him less intimidating, it was kind of a boyish smile. "Hey Drake. I didn't know you were bringing anyone over." He opened the door wider and swept his arm in a gesture that almost looked like a bow. "Com on in ladies. My home is your home. The name's Bret. And you would be?"

"Jessica," she said pouncing forward. The buttons on her shirt became "magically" undone and she was trying to suduce Bret with her boobs. It was an act I had unfortunately witnessed about a million times before. The girl was a slut andhd the STDs to prove it. It either didn't matter to the guys or she didn't tell them. Probably the latter. Anyway, I couldn't but help notice a pattern in Jessica's behavior. She's always been this way. Always will be to be honest. She'll always be a slut and I'll always be the sarcastic, self-destructing coward who hides behind her blade. Quite the pair we made, huh?

He looked in my direction, his eyes locking on mine. "And you are?"

"Sage."

"Sage. Hmm. How unique and beautiful. Kind of fits the girl who owns the name." God, I could feel the blush crawl up my skin and settle on my cheeks in a bright scarlet haze.

Jessica scoffed. More buttons on her shirt became removed, her bra now clearly visible. She grabbed Bret's hand and started leading him towards the back of the house.

After the disappeared from view I muttered "whore," under my breath. Drake laughed and the sound scared me. I completely forgot he had been standing behind me the entire time.

"I knew you hated her. I just knew it."

I turned around and grabbed his wrists. "Please don't tell her Drake. Please? She'll make my life absolutely miserable and turn everyone at school against me. You know how she is." I pleaded with his humanity. Most people would say I was beating my head against a dead horse. It's a well known fact that Drake has no humanity, no heart to appeal to.

He held up his hands and chuckled, he shook his head and his thin blonde hair ruffled in the process, making him look completely bald. "Okay, okay. On one condition though."

I crossed my hands over my chest. "What?"

"Be my girlfriend."

I laughed. "You got to be kidding."

"I'm dead serious. It's just a title anyways so that people won't think you're a slut for sitting in my lap and making out with me everyday until I break up with you. That's the condition."

We could hear Jessica snoring again and Bret heaving, probably from trying to carry her fatness out of his room and on to the couch.

"Alright. Fine, you win."

He smiled triumphantly, his eyes locking on something above my head. Then he put his arms around my waist and pulled me hard against his body, shoving his slimy tongue inside of my mouth. I tried to pull away from him since my natural reaction was to slap him, but he crushed his mouth harder against mine and held me to him. I was completely powerless. I had to wait before he came up for air. When he finally did, I was about to yell at him but he started laughing.

"What's funny?"

"Absolutely nothing." Bret said.

I whirled around, facing Bret and a now awake Jessica.

"Way to go Sage. Geez for a moment there a thought you were a lesbian. You've never had a boyfriend." Jessica retorted.

Drake put his arm around my waist. Well, she does now."

*****

That night, laying in my bed, I couldn't stop thinking about Bret. He took seige of my mind and I couldn't stop visioning his piercing eyes staring at mine. I also tried (to no avail) to get the taste of Drake out of my mouth. So disgusting. He made my stomach turn unpleasantly. It mad me want to throw up. I couldn't help wondering though, if I saw a little hurt in Bret's eyes after he saw the kiss. Would that mean he was into me? If he was, then why would he do anythig with Jessica. Ugh, I really needed to stop thinking about all of this and just try to get some sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not finished yet.