Status: Kind of active. c:

Let Me Know That You're Alive

Chapter One.

-Taylor's POV-

"I know that you're leaving,
You must have your reasons,
The season is calling,
Your pictures are falling down."

I belted out the lyrics to my favorite song, Dammit by Blink-182. The blankets and pillows around me enveloped me in warmth the earbuds plugged into my ears gave me much needed comfort after a long day at school. The day flashed back in my mind. The numerous insults that had been thrown my way, the times I'd not understood something in class and just sat there, too scared to ask - I remembered it all. And I was thankful that tomorrow was Friday.

Staring up at my ceiling, I sighed and closed my eyes, trying to forget about today and turning up the volume. Without recalling the fact that I'd fallen asleep, I woke up and got out of bed. After tying my hair into a bun and throwing on some skinnies and a jumper, I checked the time. I had a little while before I had to leave so I jogged downstairs. My aunt wasn't there and she had left a note on the counter, telling me that she had something important to do at work and that she'd be home when I got back.

I shrugged and slipped on my worn out VANS, grabbing my backpack and slinging it over my shoulder. I made sure my phone was in my pocket before and headed out the door and began walking to school. The weather was pretty nice considering it was October. The wind wasn't too harsh, the air was only slightly chilly. All the trees were beginning to lose their golden and red leaves. I sighed, dreading going to school today.

Nobody at school really liked me. I literally had no friends. I did everything by myself and I was lucky if I spoke two words during the school day. People think I'm weird, and they mess with me a lot. But they're right, I guess. I'm pretty fucked up, if you ask me. So I figure it's better if I don't say anything.

I got to school and headed for my locker, getting everything I needed for my first class. As I shut my locker, I noticed a guy standing in front of the locker next to mine, that no one ever used. He must be new. I didn't even notice I was staring at him until we made eye contact and he smiled at me. I blushed and quickly looked down.

"Hey, uhm. I'm new and I'm not really sure where to go. Could you help me?"

I looked up at the new guy and nodded slowly, surprised that he was talking to me. It was probably because he was new here. He smiled wider and I blushed harder as he handed me his schedule and I took it, reading over his classes. He had the exact schedule as I did. I glanced up at him for a second. His dark hair was covered by a black beanie and he had a black hoodie on over his white v-neck. His tight black jeans hugged his legs and he sported pair of old Converse.

Before I could tell him that we had the same classes, he said, "I'm Mike, by the way. And you are?"

"Taylor," I whispered, my voice quiet. "You have History with me in room 109. Come on, I'll show you." I smiled at him a little. I was in a hurry to get to class before Annie, the biggest whore in the school, got her. I made my way to class, Mike following close behind me. I sat in my usual seat towards the back of the class and Mike sat next to me.

"So, we have a few minutes before class. Tell me about yourself." He smiled at me, tapping his fingers on his desk.

I shrugged, "I like music, I guess. I play piano and I sing."

His eyes lit up, "Really? That's so cool. I play drums, and my brother can sing." I smiled at him.

We talked for the duration of the class, and in our other classes, too. He even sat with me at lunch, which was surprising, because I usually always sit alone, doing work - or trying to rather. I'm not very smart. But Mike seemed awesome, and he was nice to me, so I loved hanging out with him. As we walked outside together after school, he asked me if I had a ride.

"No, I told him. I walk home," I explained, looking up at him.

"Not today," he said, chuckling. "My brother's driving me home, you can come with us. He won't care."

I bit my lip. "Are you sure?" I asked. He nodded, "Positive."

"Okay." I smiled, and he dragged me through the parking lot.

"Hey, Vic. This is Tay and we're taking her home today," Mike introduced me. I couldn't help but grin at the cute nickname he'd already given me. I looked at his brother, and I blushed. He was really cute. His curly brown hair framed his face perfectly, his brown eyes were warm and inviting, and his voice as he greeted me made me melt. I smiled shyly at him.

I sat in the backseat, listening to the songs on the radio, humming along softly and giving them directions to my house. As we said our goodbyes and I got out of the car, Mike slipped me his number and got mine. He promised to call me when I got home. I smiled all the way inside.

I'd finally made a new friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, woo. c: Should I keep going?