Bottle Caps

You don't like me very much, do you?

“Hey Leighann! Come here, we’re gonna play a game.” I hear someone snigger from behind me. I know full well who it is, and they know full well I hate being called Leighann.

“It’s Anna.” I snap. She only rolls her large, emerald eyes, taking hold of my wrist and dragging me into a circle. Now this wouldn’t be such a big shocker for me, I’ve been to my share of parties, all full of guys. Hot guys. But no, this is different. This group isn’t just your average group of hot men, and any game with them wasn’t just your average game. And I have my good friend Jade to thank for that, and her boyfriend of course.

“Die Die, what are we playing?” She asks meekly, staring up the tall, fiery red head. He responds with a crooked, drool worthy grin. But I’m not drooling at him, no. I’ve got my sights set on his tiny, blonde friend. God, even sexy isn’t a worthy enough word to describe him.

“I’m not telling you because you’ll run away and hide. And I’m not letting that happen.” Die’s husky voice snaps me back into reality, and I realize I’ve been staring at the stranger long enough for him to notice. Ah poopy. A blush creeps into my cheeks, and I have my attention focused back on my nervous friend and her not so subtle boyfriend in the blink of an eye. He’s got that look in his eye, and she’s the color of a fire truck. A red fire truck. As if I even need to ask what their conversation switched too. Since you can’t see, I’m rolling my eyes right now.

“Die, stop undressing her with your eyes!” I scold, making her face redden even more. I catch a glimpse of our sexy stranger, a slight smile exposing his uneven teeth. Strangely, I find it adorable.

“I’m not!” The guitarist outwardly denies, his arms flailing defensively and face growing a not so delicate pink. I only shake my head, shifting weight to my opposite leg. Sighing, he returns to our original conversation, grabbing Jade by the waist I must add, to keep her from fleeing of course. I notice a tall, lanky, goofy looking man also grabs Mr. Wonderful. His face is set in a grumpy frown, making him look like a child told, ‘No, you can’t have a cookie.’ “As I was saying, a certain someone decided to play 7 Minutes in Heaven.” He announces, eyebrows furrowed at the gangly man who has an innocent smile plastered to his face. “Someone just can’t get a girlfriend.” Die mutters to himself, plopping onto the floor and situating a struggling Jade on to his lap. I myself can’t help blushing. I’ve never actually played this game.

“You know the drill! Throw a number in the hat!” Goofy exclaims chucking a black and white base ball hat onto the floor, as well as a notepad and hot pink sharpie. A tiny chuckle emits from what I previously thought was a woman, but apparently is not.

“Pink?” He teases in a quite masculine voice.

“Says you. Chick with a penis.” Toshiya, I think his name was, mutters writing on the paper and adding it to the pile in the hat. The feminine male only frowns, tossing in his own number.

“Come on, let’s get this over with.” My tiny blonde grumbles. Intriguing.

Numbers after numbers come and go, along with some brutal arguments-mainly Die insisting that no number in that hat is his until Jade draws his. Sigh, he’s hopeless. Overall, it is quite a rowdy group, except for Blondie. He seems to just chill in the corner, lazily picking at the lint on his pants. And when it came time for me to draw a number, who else would I get but my dreamboat? I don’t know what it is about him, but I can’t get enough. His standoffishness and apathetic nature suck me in to his very being.

“Don’t have too much fun in there.” Die taunts nodding at the door, a hickey being brandished on his neck. My little Jade is growing up it seems. I can’t help smirking at her, and she blushes an all new shade knowing exactly what I’m thinking. The tiny man follows behind me, reluctantly it seems, and before I know it the door’s been shut, locking us together in the confined space. I’ve never been so nervous.

“Hey.” I blubber, fingers running through my short, wavy hair.

“Hey.” He replies glancing at the ceiling, eventually sliding to the floor.

“I’m Leighann. You can call me Anna.” I smile warmly, silently hoping to break the ice.

“Kyo.” He mutters, crouched on his haunches like a wild animal.

“You remind me of a lion.” I giggle, taking into account his wild blonde hair and that irritable exterior. He only sighs in response. “So, are you in the band with Die?” I sit in front of him, rather disappointed at how this game is going.

“Yeah. I’m the vocalist.” His gaze is on the door, obviously wishing with all his might that it fly open, any man on the other side of the door instantly becoming a god to him.

“That’s cool.” I smile, mainly to myself now. He only grunts. Oh what fun. Reaching into my pocket, I pull out a Bottlecaps and begin on my mission to open the damn things. Whatever happened to wrappers that didn’t require a chainsaw to remove them? I hear a slight giggle emitting from the grumpy man, obviously amused at my discomfort and great battle.

“Need help?” He smirks, and I’m amazed I’m still solid. Good god I’ve never found a simple change in facial expression so…oh I can’t even think of a word for it. I’m totally lost in the mystery that is this man.

“I can do it myself.” I lie, amazed I could even form a full sentence. Kudos.

“Okay.” He chuckles to himself, sitting back to the wall, watching me intently for what seems to be hours. Awkward, painstaking hours.

“…Maybe I could use a bit of help.” I mutter handing the candy over to him, a smug look plastered to his angelic face. Within seconds, he has it freed from its man-made, synthetic prison.

“Thank you!” I squeal popping it into my mouth. Instant joy.

“Is it really that good?” He asks, a disbelieving look to him.

“Better than sex.” I groan.

“I highly doubt that.” He chuckles. I move to argue, but then a knock sounds at the door.

“Time’s up!” Already? Damn it. I didn’t even get a kiss out of the man. Dishearteningly, I scuttle up off the floor, trudging over to the door.

“You don’t like me very much, do you?” I ask. I don’t even know what brought that about. Instantly I regret it. Turning to apologize, I suddenly feel his lips graze mine in an oh so seductive manner, and rest comfortably on my cheek. Pulling away, his fiery, deep almond eyes meet mine, a glimmer to their otherwise lonely appearance.

“Now what would make you say that?” He smirks taking my hand in his, our fingers interlocking. Maybe this game didn’t totally suck.