Puzzle

Even though everything went wrong...

“Hey Ally?” I can hear him mutter from the door way, his gentle voice laden with worry. Grumbling, I shuffle in bed peeking from under the covers to greet my lover.

“Yeah Kyo?” I question, watching as he inches over to the bed, carefully sitting beside me. Lately, he’s been so precautious. He’s not his usual self.

“Uh…do you want to do something tonight?” He asks, pulling the blanket back a bit to expose my face to his expressionless eyes. I miss the smile in them.

“Sure. What do you have in mind babe?” His fingertips graze my cheek, and I quickly take hold of his hand before he can pull away. It’s as if my entire body is something that hurts him. What’s happened?

“Just a dinner. Maybe a walk. Who knows.” He shrugs, gently stroking my hand with his thumb, a small smile playing at the corner of his lips.

“Lay down with me for a bit? We haven’t cuddled in ages…in fact, we haven’t done much of anything.” I beg missing his warmth and the feel of his body pressed closely to mine, in every way. I love when he holds me…it makes me feel so complete. Without him, it’s a hollow feeling.

“Sorry Als, I can’t. I’ve got some stuff to do.” He mumbles pulling his comforting hand away from me, leaving a painful knot in my stomach. You’re so distant Kyo. All too quickly, he bolts from the room and I can hear the front door slam shut. A lone tear trickles down my face, but that’s not the only lonely thing here.

~*X*~

“It’s nice out.” He stammers, eyes focused on the ground, his clammy hand clamped on to mine.

“…Kyo it’s raining.” I sigh, desperately hoping he retorts with his snappy comebacks. Nothing. Only a nod. “…Is something wrong? You really haven’t been yourself lately.” I whimper, stopping in my tracks. He turns, looking me in the eyes briefly, then switching his gaze elsewhere.

“No.”

“You’re lying. I can tell. Kyo, you won’t even look at me.” I can feel the pressure building up and my head growing hot. Out of anger? Frustration? …Hopelessness? I don’t know.

“I’m sorry. I’ve just had a lot on my mind is all.”

“Can’t I help with that then? Kyo, I’m here for you.” I whisper, gently cupping his chin with my right hand. His fingers crawl up my arm and entangle in my own as he leans into me. I want him to know he can turn to me…he can trust me. I’ll always be his Ally.

“I know you are Ally. And I’m glad. You always seem to be there for me.” He opens his almond eyes, and for a moment my Kyo flashes inside them, his warm smile melting my frozen heart.

“I always will be. You know that.” I grin back leaning closer to him. He opens his mouth to say something, but before he can get a word out…

“WATCH OUT!!!!” A kid screams. Too late. Kyo’s on the ground, the indentation of a soccer ball now etched red into his skin. However, that soon fades as the rest of his skin turns crimson with anger. Oh jeez.

“Kyo! I’m hungry!!! Let’s go eat!!!” I plead as he reaches for the ball, no doubt ready to hurl it back at the kid. Well, at least it’s the Kyo, or at least part of the Kyo, I know. It’s a step. Ha ha.

~*X*~

“Stupid bastard kid.” He steams picking at his meal. Talk about awkward. “Let’s never have kids.” He grumbles locking eyes with mine. Oh god, I find myself thinking, instantly gagging on my lettuce.

“Aren’t you getting a bit ahead of yourself!” I choke, pounding on my chest as he eyes me wearily.

“You okay?” His head cocks to the side as he moves to assist me. I only shoo him away.

“I’m fine.” I grin, eyes water logged. He only raises an eyebrow, laughter peeking in his supple lips.

“You’re the worse actress I’ve ever met!!” He cackles, unable to hold it in anymore. I only roll my eyes displaying his favorite finger. “Hey now! Not nice!” He pouts.

“And you are?” I smirk pushing my plate away, all ready done with my meal. I really was amazed when he dragged me to the ritziest restaurant in Japan. And here I thought he was going to dump me. Again, I find him timidly playing with my fingers, sending chills down my spine. “You’re certain you’re okay?”

“I’m more than okay.” He smiles. I notice him shifting awkwardly in his seat, worrying me all the more.

“OH MY GOD!!!! YES!!!!” Someone squeals beside us in the most obnoxious voice. I turn to see a woman bawling her eyes out as a man slips a ring, an enormous one might I add, on her finger as she flies into his arms. Everyone breaks out into cheers and laughter, all sharing their congratulations-myself included.

“Isn’t that adorable Kyo?!” I giggle turning to my boyfriend who has his head buried in his hands out of agitation. I’d know that position anywhere… “…Should we get out of here then?” I have a feeling if that doesn’t happen soon, all hell will break loose.

~*X*~

“…I hate the Ferris Wheel.” I complain cowering in the far corner. All ready, we’re stuck on top and I’m going to piss my pants. Big time.

“Don’t go to the edge then! You’ll only increase your chances of falling!” He mutters, instantly making me burst into tears. “Ah! No Ally!! Don’t cry!!!” He pleas, stumbling over to my side, rocking the car while he’s at it. By now my heart’s stopped. “I’m sorry Ally…I didn’t know you were scared of heights.” He whispers pulling me into a close embrace. The same one I’ve craved all along. And of course I had to bawl my eyes out to get it. Sigh. How typical.

“I’m so sorry…I was only trying to make you happy. Tonight’s been a total flop.” He mutters to himself mainly. “I just wanted it to be romantic…I can’t seem to do anything right.” His warm breath on my neck tickles me, and I can’t help but giggle, sniffling at the same time.

“It’s not your fault Kyo. Murphey’s Law: What can go wrong will go wrong.” I giggle.

“I hope Murphey’s dead.” He snarls jokingly, again making me laugh as he squeezes me tighter. I hadn’t even noticed until now, little by little I’ve gotten my Kyo back.

“I love you.” I whisper in his ear.

“I love you the most.” He smirks, turning me to face him, his lips moments from crashing on to mine…that is until the wheel starts up again and sends him tumbling on to me, my heart racing a million miles an hour until I open my eyes to find myself situated on top of him. He smirks at me straddling him, and I instantly blush…especially when I feel a rather large…bump if you will…in his lower regions.

“KYO!!! You’re horny all ready!!!!” I shout smacking him on the head until he situates us in a less awkward position.

“NO!!! That’s not THAT!!!! IT’S AN--…it’s none of your concern.” He settles with, his gaze snapping into the horizon, pretending to be mesmerized by the gleaming city lights…all though it’s hard to pretend. They are beautiful.

“You win for now…only cause you brought me here.” I grumble. “It is gorgeous.” I smile.

“I know.” He smirks, his eyes softly focused on me now. I can’t help but roll mine in response.

“You’re so cheesy.”

“The cheesiest.” He flashes his toothy grin, holding me closely the rest of the night, even after we get home.

“I have to say that was an amazing date.” I yawn, all ready crawling into bed, not giving a damn about the dress I’m still wearing, nor the shoes. Same goes for Kyo.

“Yeah…even though everything went wrong.” He grumbles tucking his arms behind his head.

“I don’t think anything went wrong sweetie!” I argue, throwing myself on top of him, this time straddling him with reason. Yet again, I feel that hard lump, but it’s not where IT should be.

“Kyo, what the hell is that? You don’t have a second one you’re hiding from me do you?” I smirk. He only sighs, quickly flipping on the television to check the news.

“No. I don’t. But would you like it if I did?” He returns the smirk now.

“…Well what is it?” I inquire, eager to know. Grunting, he sits up moving me to his side as he fishes through his pocket. I watch, my fascination only growing.

“I was just kinda wondering…if you’d marry me?” He asks pulling out a black, velvety box, then opening it to reveal a diamond ring. An engagement ring…for me? At first it doesn’t register…then it all clicks together. Let the waterworks begin. “Should I take that as a yes?” He smiles adorably, pulling the ring out to slide on to my finger. I can only manage to nod my head repeatedly; afraid of what god awful noises will come out if I open my mouth. “I love you.” He coos, gently placing a kiss on my lips, finally, the last piece of the broken puzzle that is my Kyo fits back into its place.

“I love you too.” I cry hugging the love of my life tightly. “And no way can you say tonight was a failure…the night’s still not over.” I smirk leaning into him and his massive grin. I do so love you.