Status: I AM SO SORRY MY WRITERS BLOCK HAS RUINED EVERYTHING I CANT WRITE ANYTHING ATM SORRY ILL BE BACK W THIS ONCE I GET MY WRITING ABILITIES BACK ILY ALL

Fall Away

Oh no, where did the party go?

Alex thinks its Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Maybe because he died after a party, now he’s terrified of them. But it doesn’t even matter why. All that matters is the fact that he is about to have a panic attack. Jack is walking in front of him, pushing his way through the crowd and Alex is stumbling to catch up. But by the time he gets to the couple that moved for Jack to get through, they don’t move for him so he has to come in through them and he briefly wonders if this is the closest he’ll get to sex ever again unless he comes back to life. The people are holding each other while loud music plays through the speakers and Alex wasn’t even sure he could get headaches as a ghost, but he was sure as hell about to get one. Someone threw a beach ball into the air and it fell through Alex’s head and onto the floor as the boy shivered from the unpleasant feeling. In other words, the party fucking sucked and he wanted to go home and listen to pop punk with Jack, while flirting until they were both red from blushing so much.

Jack immediately made his way to the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of rum and a glass, before filling it halfway with the alcohol. Then he grabbed a coke can and filled the rest of the cup to the brim. Someone jostled into the tall boy and he drink spilled onto his shirt causing him to curse quietly before shrugging and taking a sip. His throat burned and he sputtered lightly, trying to get rid of the burning feeling. Alex watched in amusement until a girl came to the fridge and started dancing as she grabbed a few jello shots, unconsciously grinding against Alex’s crotch. Everywhere he turned there were couples making out sloppily, their tongues searching for something in each others’ mouths; like a football game for who could catch the most std’s. Jack was looking through the crowd, searching for a familiar face before landing his eyes on Alex. He had seemingly forgotten that the ghost tagged along and nodded his head towards him.

“Let’s go to the living room,” Jack whispered so that only Alex could hear. He smiled brightly, grabbing Jack’s hand and pulling him through the hallway. Jack simply took another gulp of his drink and in a matter of seconds it didn’t even matter to him anymore that it looked like he was being pulled by an invisible force through the crowd.

Alex pulled the other into a hidden corner, his hands roaming all over Jack’s chest. He felt the sharp jut of collarbones and slid his hands lower over his nipples, feeling his ribs, until he felt the soft planes of his stomach, and then finally his protruding hip bones. Alex grabbed his hips and spun himself around, pushing his ass directly onto Jack’s crotch. His hands wound around Jack’s neck from behind as he pressed their bodies closer, swaying his hips to the beat. Jack seemed to have lost any inhibitions, because he dropped his half empty cup and placed his hands in the front pockets of Alex’s jeans and moved along.

Alex felt as if he was on a high, because he was dancing with the guy he had had a crush on for months and he could feel Jack’s growing erection pressing against his ass and fuck if this wasn’t the hottest thing ever. Jack bowed his head, pressing a soft kiss to Alex’s neck and causing goose bumps to erupt all over the ghost’s skin. Alex slightly tipped his head, granting the taller boy more access, before a loud voice interrupted.

“Jack, my man! Are you fucking dancing alone?”

Immediately the Lebanese boy jumped back, hitting his back on the wall and grimacing at the sharp pain. It was Jonathan, the host of the party. Jack hated the kid, because he was an absolute dick to anyone he deemed unworthy of his attention, but he treated Jack well, and he always had the best booze at parties.

“Sup Jon? You know me, drinking too much as usual.” He laughed loudly, trying to cover up his nerves and hoping to God that his blush was not visible in the dimly lit room.

Jonathan laughed along, running a hand through the wild curls on his hair, before motioning someone over. A few seconds later a petite girl came to his side, pressing herself against him, and clinging onto his arm. Jack barely registered the gasp that undoubtedly came from Alex and he didn’t pay it any mind.

“This is my new babe, Lisa. Just for a little bit though,” He winked, kissing her cheek sloppily. “She goes to Middleton. Lisa, this is Jack. Jack, this is Lisa.”

The girl smiled brightly, her red lipstick slightly smudged, from kissing Jon he assumed. All in all she was pretty, but there was something about her that felt wrong. Maybe the way her eyes were half-lidded and pensive, as if she was hiding something. She stuck out a small hand and Jack shook it quickly. “Nice to meet you,” Lisa smiled brightly yet again, before leaning up to Jon and whispering in his ear. The boy nodded.

“Well, that’s my cue to go, Lisa needs a drink.” He stepped away, leading her through the crowd as Jack examined her short black dress and blue heels. There was something in her smile; this sickly sweet poison, as if she was plotting something terrible. Jack shrugged it off, blaming his delusions on the alcohol, before turning to Alex with the full intention of dancing again.

However what he saw was definitely not what he expected. Alex was standing in the corner, his hands tucked into his hoodie pockets, his head lowered as a few tears fell down his cheek. Jack immediately sobered up, grabbing Alex’s shoulder, not even caring who could see.

“What’s wrong Lex?” He asked, but the ghost simply shook his head, willing the tears to go away.

Jack sighed. “This better be a good reason, cause we’re leaving.” He then grabbed Alex’s hand and dragged him through the crowds, before stepping outside into the cool air. He pulled his keys out of his pocket, before opening the car door for Alex and hopping in himself on the driver’s side.

When they were both safely inside the car and the party music was only a soft backbeat to the otherwise silent vehicle, Jack started the engine and put the car into reverse. He drove slowly, trying to keep his eyes straight on the road, because he wasn’t sure what the speed limit but he was most definitely sure of the fact that he’d drank. He was also aware of the boy sitting in the passenger seat sniffling softly.

After a few bumpy roads, and an overall smooth ride, the boys arrived in Jack’s driveway. He stepped out of the car only to find that Alex was still curled into a ball in the passenger seat. Jack then knocked on the door softly, opening it, and offering a hand to Alex. The ghost looked at his hand skeptically as if he expected it to be a joke, before lightly placing his hand in the others. Jack pulled Alex up, closing the car door and walking up the porch steps. He stood in the pale moonlight trying to decipher which key was for his house door, when he felt Alex’s fingers intertwine with his own. Shivering softly, he was determined not to let go because Alex was already sad enough and surely the action would only make him more hurt, so Jack kept the tight hold, finally finding the key. Once the two boys were inside, they stepped into the living room only to find Joyce still awake in front of the tv.

“Oh Jack! I didn’t expect you back so early,” She exclaimed, muting the television show to focus her attention on her son.

Jack immediately dropped Alex’s hand as if it were hot coal, and smiled nervously at his mom hoping she hadn’t noticed. “Yeah, well, the party sucked.”

The woman smiled and beckoned Jack closer. He looked uncomfortable before stepping to his mother. She placed a hand on his cheek, looking into his eyes. “Your eyes are sober now, but your breath reeks of rum.”

Jack laughed nervously. “Uh, yeah, well, I mean.”

“Jack, I don’t like you driving in these conditions. Be thankful you’re not drunk or I would have told your father.” She pointed a finger at him, before smiling softly. “Go to bed son. Extra chores tomorrow by the way! Don’t let me forget you’re not 21!”

Jack frowned but nonetheless accepted his fate; at least he wasn’t grounded. “Night ma.”

“Goodnight dear.”

The two boys made their way upstairs and Alex immediately collapsed on Jack’s bed, covering his face with his hands. Jack sighed and undressed as the other whimpered something unintelligible which the other chose to ignore.

“I wish I had my parents still,” He finally whispered. Jack heard, but didn’t comment because he didn’t know what to say. He just felt bad for Alex.

“Jack, what did I”-

The taller boy looked up to see why Alex stopped abruptly, only to find Alex perched on his elbows and staring at Jack with his jaw slightly loose, his teeth biting into his plump bottom lip. Only then did Jack realize that he was standing butt naked in front of Alex and he covered himself with one hand (although let’s be honest that didn’t cover much) and grabbed clean boxers with the other all the while his face was painted a bright shade of red.

“Yoo- hooo, Alex snap out of it!” He snapped his fingers trying to get Alex to stop staring down his body as if it were a piece of cake.

The boy slowly regained composure. “Y-yeah sorry, I, um I‘ve see you naked before, I just wasn’t ready for that I guess.”

“No worries,” Jack giggled softly, glad he could make the other boy half as flustered as he made him. He made his way into the bathroom and peed, before washing his hands and face. Then he brushed his teeth quickly, stepping back into his room to find that Alex had gotten his bed ready for him and was lying on top of the covers on the side next to the wall. Jack smiled at the sight; at the pure vulnerability of the boy, because for someone who acted so tough, he sure was cute.

Jack climbed into bed, covering himself with the blanket before propping his head up on one elbow and turning to face the other boy who had been silently watching Jack.

“So what’s wrong?” He asked.

“Lisa,” Alex whispered, before covering his face in shame.

“What about her? I mean, Lex, I know she wasn’t the most gorgeous girl ever, but she was not ugly enough to make you cry. In fact, I’d say she was pretty hot,” Jack reasoned, only to find Alex grimacing.

“That’s the point. Living Alex thought she was hot too.”

“You knew her?” He asked, confused by the sudden turn of events.

“She’s my girlfriend,” Alex admitted softly, running a hand through his dark locks.

And that, that had Jack in shock, because she sure as hell was not sitting beside Alex in the hospital, bringing him flowers. “But, Jon?”

“I don’t know. I never dumped her. I guess she broke up with me after I fell into a coma.”
“I mean, it’s not technically breaking up if you’re not conscious. But I guess she'll break up with you when you wake up."

“I thought I loved her.” Alex finally stated after a few minutes of silence. “I mean, when I found you, I realized of course I didn’t. But it’s still hard for me to throw our memories away; I mean for fuck’s sake we lost our virginities to each other. I guess she has no trouble forgetting though.”

Jack sighed, suddenly regretting the whole night out plan.

“I’m sorry I ruined your party.”

Jack felt terrible because Alex sounded so broken, so lost. He leaned over softly, and pressed a barely there kiss to Alex’s cheek, feeling the cool tears on his lips paired with the electric feel of his skin, before laying back down.

“Don’t be silly, you’re more important than cheap booze.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WOAH WOAH I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING DID I REALLY UPDATE?! YES I DID!!
im so sorry guys ive had the most stressful month both emotionally, physically, and academically.
but here it is another chapter, because i realized its been almost a month since the last update and thats unacceptable.
you guys know the drill; chapter title creds to fall out boy (their new album is so good i almost puked)
lisa is in this fic, yes, however she is not a major character yet but im pointing this out right now, i am not hating on lisa okay!! i do not know the real lisa but im 100% sure shes better than the lisa in this fic okay im not a lisex shipper but i respect her and alex and shes hella gorgeous so im not trying to start shit by making her character shitty, i just used her because im used to the alex/lisa thing and i can picture her easily (as opposed to creating a new character).
please please please please PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COMMENT OKAY dont be a silent reader i really need to not lose faith in this story and in order for that not to occur i need to see that people enjoy it; so comment, subscribe, recommend, etc. (the recommending is optional but comments are a pretty desired thing in my opinion)
anyways sorry about the long wait, feel free to yell at me or let me know your opinions of the chapter or the whole fic in general!!!
p.s. thank you so much to my commenters (not a word but ok) and subscribers- you guys are sweethearts xo