Sequel: The Phantom Diaries
Status: Active

The Next Big Thing

Chapter 2 - Finn and JC Spill It All

"He wants to meet me before school!" JC freaked out. "Do I look okay?"

"You look fine!" Finn claimed. "Then again, I prefer you without make-up."

"This is ridiculous!" she shouted. "I look like a wreck! I can't do make-up! I mean, all it was was foundation, blush, and lip gloss! That's it! And I STILL look like a wreck!"

"Would you rather bail?" Finn asked. "Or at least delay? You have him 2nd period. You could just tell him then."

"No, I have to tell him today." She went over what she was to say for the hundredth time. "Okay, Hunter, I'm pretty sure you already know this, but I like you. And I have a feeling you think of me as a little sister, but I just needed to say it before it became the death of me."

"Good!" Finn cheered. "That was great! Now, you just need to practice. We don't have very long!"

"No!" she protested. "I need to do something different. Something romantic. Like those relationship quotes on Facebook. Where the guy says, 'I'm gonna call the girl I like.' And he calls the girl I told that to."

"You don't have a phone."

"I KNOW I DON'T!" she shrieked. "But I need to think of something clever!" She stopped in her tracks and thought. "Hey, Hunter? You know why I kept on posting about Tuesday? Well, I WAS going to post about Friday, but you weren't here Friday, so I guess Tuesday would have to do, but I needed to tell you that I like you."

"I don't like it."

"Neither do I!" She suddenly realized they were already at the school. "Oh, God, Finn! I can't do this!"

"Well, you don't have to!" he tried to calm her down as they entered B hall. "You wanna go to the library?"

"Yeah, I think I will. You know, calm myself down."

As she turned the corner to go to the library, she heard someone say, "Hey, JC." She turned around to find Hunter waiting there with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey, Hunter," she greeted him.

"No backing out," Finn whispered, even though JC was the only one who could see him.

"So, there was something you wanted to tell me?" he asked, expecting an answer. His phone vibrated once, and he pulled it out and checked it.

"Now's your chance!" Finn shouted.

"I like you." she simply stated. She forgot about what she had planned to say and just went with the flow. He froze in his position, and slowly looked up. He put his phone back in pocket.

"I kind of figured." he slightly chuckled. "But, I like you, too."

Her eyes lit up with hope. She wanted to absorb the moment, but, unfortunately, Finn began to blare out, "WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAAAAR!!!!!"

"Well, now what?" she sheepishly asked.

"Do you wanna go out with me?" he asked, blushing.

Finn began to sing, "MAKES NO DIFF'RENCE WHO YOU AAAARE!!!!!!"

She started to shake. "Ye-yeah."

"Aw!" he cooed. "Are you crying?"

"No!" she denied. "I've just never had a boyfriend before!"

"Are you serious?" he asked. "I would have thought that you out of all people would have had someone ask you before!"

"I was a very lonely child!" He waddled up and gave her a warm hug. She practically melted in his arms as she listened to their heartbeats match up. But that would be one of the last times she would be able to hear them both.
♠ ♠ ♠
JC is me in a nutshell. Finn is like my own "imaginary friend," Bubbles, who represents my conscience. He is on Facebook. This actually happened to me. As I was walking to tell my crush (now fiancee) that I liked him, I created Bubbles, who I talked to while walking to school. It was a real confidence booster.