Sequel: The Phantom Diaries
Status: Active

The Next Big Thing

Chapter 4 - Clarence and the Braves Make Some Mischief

"Are you guys all ready?" Mr. McCain asked. Everybody in the cast nodded their head. He turned to Molly Kessler. "Molly: you absolutely cannot forget the water pistol this time!"

"I know, I know!" she protested, patting her clown pants. "I've got it in my pocket and I ain't taking it out!"

"Good," he agreed as he went to go attend to other business. Molly squeezed through the crowd of cast members caking on make-up and went to go add the finishing touches to hers.

"So..." Ty Watkins slyly said as he sashayed up. "It's your first one-act contest! Are you excited?"

"I'm just nervous that this is going to be over 45 minutes! I mean, I'm the last person on stage! How do I know if it's past time or not?"

"Just don't worry about it," he explained. "And stop worrying about your make-up!" he shouted, slapping her hand. "You look great!" She gave him a big hug as he was leaving.

She walked outside and got a drink of water, just as a girl dressed a queen passed her. She looked up from the water fountain to see her long, flowing dress, looking as though it was made of pure, liquid gold. She purposely bumped into her as she snorted, "What are you supposed to be? Biggest Loser Contestant?" She laughed as she strutted away.

Meanwhile, Clarence was watching this drama happen from out in the hallway, where anybody could have seen him if he wasn't invisible. "How could he do this to such a beautiful and talented actress? I'd like to see her do better than Molly!" Suddenly, and idea popped into his head. He dashed into the auditorium and climbed up the ladder to the catwalk. He wasn't nervous about the 90 degree incline, or the fact that there was no railing up there; he needed to get access to the lights.

Up on the catwalks, he found a large box of non-fluorescent, household lightbulbs. He opened a package of four and waited.

When the girl's school came on, it opened with the queen crying her heart out while reading a monologue. She was obviously faking her tears, but as she read through the soliloquy, he dropped a lightbulb. And another. And another. And another. She had to continue, though. She couldn't stop, or her school would go past the time limit and would therefore forfeit.

"My husband is dead?" the diva wailed out. "Oh, boo hoo!" she cried. Clarence gagged as he opened three more packages. He poured them out all at once, not caring if he hit anyone in the head with a bulb or not. Eventually, she yelled, "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" He silently cheered as the lights went down.

When Molly's school walked on, he was delighted by this comedy and decided to sit somewhere where he wouldn't disturb anybody and observe this masterpiece properly. He sat in the farthest right chair possible and waited for Molly to walk on.

"Whoopsie-daisy!" she shouted as she slid onstage with a skateboard clumsily. She fell onto a guy's lap and asked, "How you doin', sexy?" While he, as well as the audience was cackling away, he couldn't help but notice that she looked directly at him. No one had in over 350 years.
♠ ♠ ♠
This incident happened a while back while at a state contest. This is my rendition of what might have happened to cause this.