Mostro

TWENTY ONE

This time, she finds me.

Don't get me wrong, I love being the chaser, but having her track me down...

It turns me on to no end.

She leans against the fence separating us. "I'm sorry I couldn't meet you," her teeth snag on her bottom lip. I stare at the action. I'd sell my soul to taste that lip.

You never had a soul to begin with, I remind myself with a sigh.

She tugs on the end of her braid. "You're really nice and all, but I just can't right now." She spoon feeds me more bullshit until a boy approaches her. The boy. He tugs at her cotton shorts.

"Can I have money for the ice cream truck?" as he speaks, I notice his front tooth is missing.

"We're having dinner soon, you'll spoil your appetite."

"Please, Inez?" Aside from the hair color, they also look alike. His is darker, more brownish-red. She rolls her eyes, but pulls a five dollar bill from her pocket. He grins widely and takes off for the truck.

"No peanuts!" she shouts after him. She turns back to me with a small smile. I never get that smile. It's so genuine, and once again I'm jealous of the boy for bringing it out. "He's allergic to nuts. Really bad."

I nod. "So, you babysit him, or something?" I'm shamelessly fishing for information.

"No, that's my brother, Dominic," she glances toward him again. "He's part of the reason I can't do relationships."

I'll kill him, then.

"But what about friendships?"

She must realize I won't take no for an answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you pelican park. and LettersToNormandy for commenting! :]

this is it for the longer chapters, i think. for a while.