Status: Enjoy!

Give Me Time

Im your...?

Ding-Dong!

"Hello may I help you?" I looked at the women before me, her long brunette locks cascading down to her shoulder, charcoal eyes containing a small spark while her lips are formed into a heartwarming loving smile. That's when I felt it, the tears brimming my eyes as the presence of this women before me cause my insides to feel all gooey and warm. My stomach dropped when I saw an appealing boy emerge behind her just about a couple of years younger than me, with the same charcoal eye's and chocolate brown locks, trying to get the women's attention, which made me feel a wave of envy overcome me.

"Mom, do you mind if I go to Jake’s house to spend the night?" The charcoal eyed boy questioned as his eye's continued to scan me over from top to bottom, instead of focusing on his mom. "Of course just remember it's a school night also don't stay up to late playing video games or I might have to punish you babe." The women said staring at the boy over her shoulder.

"Thanks mom." He quickly spoke giving me a small wink and then a small peck on his mothers cheek before dashing up the stairs faster than speedy Gonzales. Returning her gaze towards me, her smile slowly dissolved into a frown as confusion struck her face, she stared in be wilderness at me, the short brunette that contains a similar pare of ashy grey eye's that held unshed tears. "Are you okay, did I do anything to upset you?" The charcoal eyed women asked causing her forehead to scrunch up, revealing many wrinkles but then again she still looked beautiful.

"I...I can't b-believe you don't remember m-me...It was a m-mistake to come he-here." I stammered throughout my sentence, turning on my black converse heel I suddenly felt those stubborn miserable tears fall down my cheeks, stumbling down the white wooden stairs, I felt my stomach nervously churn. "Wait!" the silky voice behind me hollered causing my body to immediately bring itself to a stand stillness. With the sleeves of my maroon sweater I wiped the salty liquid that stained my pale face ahead of time just so she wouldn't witness how vulnerable I've become.

Turning on my converse heel again, I looked at the women that brings me comfort beckoning me towards her. Steadily, I gradually walked towards her, stopping in front of her. I felt safe arms wrapping around my tiny body. Not in an awkward way, but a consoling way that will remind me about the fact that those arms are the one's I've been desiring to have around me for years. "Honey don't cry," she softly spoke, smoothing my dark chocolate locks with her thin tan hands.

Pulling away to look at me she said "How about we go inside and I'll make you some hot chocolate." Nodding my head we made our way inside her nice warm home. Walking towards the kitchen she started to make the hot chocolate while I stood there like a statue with my eyes fixed on her every move and my mind floating in the clouds as I processed all the things that just happened earlier.

"So what's your name?" she asked with her back facing me.

"Kendra...Kendra Hart." I recited, fixing my almost falling silver beanie. Looking at me over her shoulder a smile crept onto her flawless face

"It's nice to meet you Kendra, I'm Sophia Stewart but you can call me Soph." she stated before setting down the hot chocolate on the marble kitchen island.

"Kendra do you like marshmallow?" Breaking me away from my thoughts I nodded my head, taking out a plastic bag of big marshmallow, she pulled out three giant white cylinders and placed them in the hot beverage.

"Go on...sit." she ordered as if it were obvious to do so without being told to.

Sitting across from me on the tall stool chair she eyed me and continuously sipped from her hot chocolate while I riveted my eyes on my own steamy cup inhaling the heaven like aroma and savoring the liquidity goodness . The kitchen was embraced with silence, that was when I decided to break the ice.

"So, Sophia you have a very nice house," my eye's traveled around the open spaces before me that was brilliantly adorned.

"Thank you, I'm an interior designer another reason why this house is beautifully décor." I smiled at the piece information, hey even though it was just a small fact about her.

The little things at this moment matter to me, every word she said, any tiny gesture she did, all of it matters to me. I wanted to learn so much about her that I would even write a whole book dedicated to her, even though she left me I forgave her a long time ago and appreciate every damn second I have spent with her during this time of my life.

Hearing the sound of the front door being unlocked a deep voice invaded the house, "Honey I'm home!" looking towards Sophia I noticed her rolling her silver eyes playfully. Entering the kitchen was a guy standing 6'1 in his 40's with coffee brown eyes, grey hair with streaks of midnight black, dressed professionally in a white long sleeve button down shirt, black slacks, and expensive dress shoes. Going over to Sophia, he gave her a passionate kiss as if I were not to exist.

"Stop it I have guest over if you haven't taken notice." Sophia humorously pulled him away causing him to chuckle, then he turned his gaze to me and with a dazzling handsome smile, he held out a hand for me to shake which I properly accepted.

"Hi, I'm Clark Stewart, Pleasure to meet you..." he trailed of through the sentence.

"Kendra Hart and the feeling is mutual." I gave him a warm smile.

Letting go of his hand, Clark set down his briefcase on the island, causing Sophia to glare at it. "How many times have I told you not to put your briefcase on the island." she strictly stated.

"Take a chill pill I'll be out of here in a jiff, plus I have to stay all night working on a case." he replied as he continued making himself a cup of coffee.

"Are you a detective?" I unexpectedly blurted out without noticing, turning his head over his shoulder to take a glimpse of me, a smile slowly slipped onto his face. "Yeah, how did you know?"

"Well besides the fact you said, I have to work on a case. I noticed the papers you brought in are criminal records which basically contains either evidence or non as you try to rest assure if he's guilty or innocent also it contains any information on him such as his criminal record, personal life, and well everything in between." I shyly spoke as I nervously fiddle around with my maroon sweater.

"I like you, you should come around here more often. Also please tell me your Andrew’s girlfriend because if he lets you go I swear I will punish him like there's no tomorrow." he exclaimed causing both Sophia and I to erupt in short fit of giggles.

"No I'm not Andrew’s girlfriend." I recited between giggles causing confusion to be written all over Clark’s face." Kendra appeared at our door step to talk to me." Sophia informed him.

"Sophia haven't I told you many times that your too old to be friends with teenagers." Clark folded his arm over his chest.

"Oh shut up you’re just a grumpy old man." she stuck out her tongue at him as he was on his way out with his cup of steamy coffee, black Armani briefcase, and records.

"At least I act my age also it was nice to meet you Kendra!" he hollered.

"Same as well!" I replied turning my head to look at him, averting my gaze towards Sophia she had a smile that seemed to be permanently stuck to her face.

"This is the first time Clark has ever warmed up to someone so fast, especially a teenager besides our son Andrew and his friend Jake." She looked at me with eyes that held that feeling of admiring someone.

"Yeah a lot of people say that I'm very timid and calm which makes them admire that." I softly whispered loud enough for us to hear.

"I got a question to ask you Kendra?" she said taking hold of the cups and lightly placing them in the sink.

"Go ahead I don't mind," I shrugged correcting my beanie again as it attempts to try to collapse.

"Can I ask you why you appeared out of the blue at my door step?" she softly said as her eye's pierced my soul.

"About that...I have something to tell you, even though its going to be hard to hear, it's the truth and I have proof. I'm your...daughter."
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think?