Status: Enjoy!

Give Me Time

Explain to me please?

"I’m...your...d-daughter."

My voice echoed throughout the house, those words that I just said seemed to have bounced off me and back like a force field. Biting my lips nervously, I can feel the metallic taste of blood landing on my taste buds. Sophia looked at me with wide silver eyes and her mouth formed in an O shape. Taking a deep breath I stood up from my seat feeling insecure about what I just said, did I say it in such a simple way or did I say it to dry, I'm pretty sure I sounded sincere in my opinion.

"I think I should go, it's getting late and I still need to find somewhere to go." I nervously recited, fiddling around with the my sleeve. Turning around I started to make my way towards the dark brown French wooden door, placing my tan hand over the silver doorknob.

Sophia's voice rang in my ear, "Don't go!"

Looking at her over my shoulder I saw her face covered with stress, her eye's stitched close, lips pursed into a straight line, elbows on the marble island while her hands run through her luscious wavy locks. Shaking my head violently I decided that I was hallucinating, I must be hearing things. I slowly turned the silver knob and again I heard the same smooth voice recite the words I've desired to hear, "Don't go."

Turning around I looked at her, opening her eye's, she looked me deadly in the eyes that's when I noticed the fact that she wants to believe me but yet she doesn't know if she can. I would have felt the same if a girl came up to my house and makes me assume that they are my daughter, heck I wouldn't have taken that piece of information in such a calm way, by now you would've seen me drop dead on the ground.

"I think it's best if I go." I stated in a matter of fact, knowing that soon it would be dark and I still had nowhere to go plus I don't think I'm ready at all to face this...but then again I brought this upon myself.

"Please stay, I want to understand this!" she pleaded, walking towards her I sighed knowing that it's better now than never to tell her about me. "I'm going to warn you, this is a long story so I'm just going to paraphrase this and promise me you won't freak out." I entered with my eyes closed, peeling them open I looked at her face which was overcome with determination.

"I can't promise you that but I'm all ears." Her words caused a small smile to appear on both of our faces.

"So this is my story, I spent my whole entire 12 years in an orphanage living with all the other boys and girls in need of a home also the ones that took care of us. I went to school like any normal kid, I made tons of friends and became a target for bullies since I was the shy quiet orphan girl with no parents. Weeks went by and I was adopted by a family that I learned to love and became attached to, they became my family...my caregiver, they even got me a tutor since they knew about my bullying problem. By the time I turned 18 I decided to find you, I asked the people of the orphanage about you. They decided to give in and tell me about you since they thought it was an appropriate time they told me your name is Sophia Clarisse Tyler and you were in your 20's when you left me. Later on I found information about you and your location and bam...here I am." I hesitantly explained, I guess I'm too scared to look at her reaction which explains why my stormy grey eyes aren't in full view but the trail of tears were visible.

"Ok I guess this is a bit understandable but by any chance can you prove this to me...I want to believe you but it's hard without proof." She injected, shaking her head. Feeling a tug on my heart a sad smile took over my face , nodding my head I and wiping the tears with the back of my hand I said, "I'll be back, let me just go to my car and get the files."
Doing as said I quickly walked out the front door. The autumn air nipped at any revealing skin. Stumbling down the white wood stairs, I followed the small path that led me to my wine red mini cooper. Opening the glove compartment I searched for the file, grabbing hold of it I immediately walked back into the warm safe haven.

"I have the verification right here." I slammed the file on the island, prepared to expose her to the legitimacy of being her blood. Taking the files in her hand, Sophia looked at the papers in confusion.

"What does this have to do with us?" She questioned, holding up the papers in front of me causing my smile to dissolve into a frown. Taking the papers into my own tan hands I narrowed my stormy grey eyes on the wrong papers, sighing I somehow seemed to have understood what I have in my hand.

"I must have taken my adoptive mother's working file, which I confusingly mistaken them for mine." I recited, feeling my frown deepen as to the fact that I have no confirmation at all, she must think I'm some fool. Feeling a heavy soothing hand on my shoulder I cast my eyes down on the file before me in disappointment.

"Don't worry, how about this...you call your adoptive mother to send you the files and you can prove it or maybe we can schedule a DNA testing." She suggested, taking her suggestion to heart I decided to give in.

"Ok...um I guess." I pursed my lips after a moment of silence I decided to be on my way out and down the steps, feeling once again the wind blowing my dark chocolate locks to the side as it nipped at any exposed skin. Taking out my car keys I turned around and gave a small wave before disappearing.

"Wait...do you have a place to spend the night?" She warily questioned from the door step as she clinched onto her long knight black cardigan. Looking at her and quickly recited a no, a frown played on her lips once she learned this tiny piece of information. Continuing my way towards the car, Sophia suddenly shouted something that I wouldn't suspect to come out of her mouth.

"You can stay here if you want." The gentle voice spoke.

Looking towards her my face slightly tilted to the right as an expression full of confusion was expressed on my face. Feeling my keys slowly slip out of my grasp it clashed against the concrete causing me to report back to reality.

"Are you sure?" I questioned silently as I hunched down to fetch the keys.

"Sure come back in and ill prepare the guest room for you, also are you by any chance allergic to dogs?" She asked, entering the house with me trailing behind her tail.

"N-no." I stuttered, still lost in the phase of my satisfaction.

"Good because we have a Husky named Bell she's the sweetest and she won't hurt a fly." Sophia cooed once a black and white husky with piercing sapphire eye's emerged from the stairs, causing Sophia to come to a complete halt to pick up the adorableness in her arms and for me to nearly bump into her.
Murmuring a soft "sorry" I looked at Bell who seemed to have 'honor' my presence at me with a curious expression before letting out a deep growl. Petting Bell softly on the head she seemed to have stop the growling and express the feeling of bliss from the small gesture.

"She likes you," Sophia commented before putting down Bell, as she followed us up the stairs I've taken notice that she seems to have had trouble going up. So playing the hero in this situation I took her in my arms and brought her up with us, once we arrived to the floor Bell released a whimper for freedom which I gladly become aware of.

"Ok this is the room you'll be staying in, make yourself at home." Sophia opened the door to reveal freshly painted red walls, polished wooden floors, a queen size bed that neatly sat on top of a cream rug placed in the center, also black drawers and a night stand, the room was decorated with random things that highly flattered the room and last but not least a 50 inch flat screen took over one whole wall along with a rack full of movies against the opposite side from where the bed is placed.

"Wow!" I tenderly whispered as I started to gawk at my surrounding, this room is kind of like mine back at home but instead of red walls mine are a teal blue with a mural I created on one of the walls and instead of a 50' inch I had a 39' inch that doesn't take over a wall but then again I barley watch TV. Also my room isn't as big as this one, scratch that my room is nothing compared to this one.

"I hope you like it I didn't know I would have expected visitors, otherwise I would have had this room prepared." She said shuffling through a medium size closet that contained blankets and pillows, taking them out she neatly placed them on the bed. Sighing in relief she looked at me with her silver eyes.

"As you can see where I took out the blankets and pillows was the closet, the door over their across the room leads to the bathroom that's connected to my sons room, so be sure you knock before you enter the bathroom in case my son is in their but then again he's not here so there's no point to knock." She stated before heading out the door. Looking around the room I suddenly reminded myself about my duffle bag in the car.

"Wait mom, er I mean Sophia...before you leave I'm going to get my things from my car if you don't mind." I mentioned before she vanished.

"Go ahead also goodnight." She injected with a smile adorning her face as she diminished out into the isolated hall, Looking around the room I embraced the pleasant place. Plopping my tiny figure on the high bed, I felt myself sink into a cloud of delight. Slowly my eye's started to black out everything around me that's when a little voice in my head reminded me to get my little ass up. Getting up and off the heavenly bed I steadily made myself down the stairs in a snail pace. I'm surprise I'm not sleep walking, opening the door the cool gush of wind hit me with annoyance.

Taking out the keys to my mini cooper I opened the trunk of the car which revealed my lime green Nike duffle bag and my small cherry red suitcase covered with travel stickers of places I have traveled to. Retrieving everything I had I closed the trunk and made my way back inside the safe haven.

Locking the door behind me I made my way towards my temporary bedroom with my luggage trotting besides me, feeling the luggage get lighter I quickly made it to the floor. Turning around to see what made it easier for me up the stairs I noticed it was Clark who had helped me out.

"Thanks for the help." I praised with a small grin.

"No problem also you're the guest, you shouldn't be doing the work." He commented before entering a room with the word office in big letters engraved onto the white French door.

Walking the path towards my room which is the third oak door down the hall, I dropped my luggage on the wooden shine floor which made a neat pile. Getting on my knee's I searched for my pajama's inside the duffle bag and for my tooth brush and face cleansers in the inside of the suit case which I successfully spotted. Heading to the bathroom I was once again mesmerized with the neatness of the room and the creativity absorbed in it, snapping myself out of my dazed phase I started to do what I was meant to do and followed along with it, slipping on my short sleeve shirt and matching colorless long baggy pants, I swiftly turned on the sink and began brushing my teeth, after brushing my teeth I started cleansing my face.

By the time I was done, I flicked off the switch in the bathroom and lethargically made my way towards the bed, reached my hand out towards the lamp I immediately turned it off. Causing the room to be enveloped in darkness, tossing in bed I faced the window that seemed to have let the shinning sight of the moon pour into the room.

Sighing in relief I recited my last words before falling asleep "This sure was a long day, let's hope the best for tomorrow."

~3:00 am~

"No, please don't hurt me, I'm begging you please." Feeling my body being shaken multiple of times, I was to lost in my dream to even wake up from it. My eye lids are like a bulletproof wall, you can shoot all you want but you won't succeed.
♠ ♠ ♠
What did you think? Whats going on with Kendra? :D