Status: Enjoy!

Give Me Time

Hired Already!?!

Tightly gripping onto the open map before me I started looking for the Quincy Market; at last spotting my destination on the map I began my adventure. Taking confident steps a sudden shattering sound entered my sensitive ears causing me to cringe in annoyance, turning around my eyes landed on a brunette girl kneeling on the cement ground as she continues picking up scattered papers and clip boards. Noticing the fact that everyone just walks past her instead of helping her, my sudden polite instincts caved in.

I dropped to my knees beside her "Hey you need help?"

Snapping her head up an extremely confused expression took over her doll like features while her coffee brown eyes slowly soften. Picking up the floral designed clip boards I handed it to her once she finished gathering up her papers, rising up from my kneeling position I decided to walk away and head to my destination.

"Thank you." a gentle voice praised, before completing my full turn I turned around to come face to face with the petite brunette doll like girl who has a fascinating taste in fashion.

A warm smile met my face "Your welcome."

Noticing a small smile grace her face, her eyes lit up in amusement as she stared at something in her view. Following her gaze I noticed that her coffee brown eyes landed on the map and newspaper in my grasp.

"Are you looking for a job?" she questioned, tilting my head as my mind filled up with curious thoughts I decided it's best to reply than stand there like an idiot. "Uh yeah, how did you know?" I asked because surely enough I don't remember voicing out what I needed to do or what I wanted.

"Because I'm psychic," she replied with a straight face, processing the words in my head I felt my stormy eyes widen in disclosure, that's before a shrill of giggles escaped from the brunette’s mouth.

"I'm just kidding the newspaper is turned to the job hunting page." She pointed out; down casting my eyes on the paper it was certainly on the job hunting page causing me to feel unintelligent.

"Wow now I feel stupid."

"Aw don't feel like that...anyways do you need help looking for a certain place."

"Yeah I'm kind of new here and I'm trying to look for the Quincy Market, by any chance do you know where it is?" "You're in luck because that's exactly where I'm heading."

"Oh well I guess I'm walking with you."

"Yes you are and by the way I'm Valentina but you can call me Val."

"It's nice to meet you Val, I'm Kendra but you can call me...hmm now that I think of it I don't have a nickname." I crossed my arms over my chest while my face scrunched up in realization.

"Don't worry about it we will figure one out." she smirked in amusement knowing that her mind is set on something towards her liking, we continued walking and chattering in excitement since we're learning about one another and discover the things we have in common. It’s true what people say, time goes by fast when you’re having a fun time.

“Then he was like c’mon baby I can show you such a good time.” Val spoke in a deep voice as she attempts to imitate a guys tone, she was talking about some boy from school...I think his names Andrew, now that I think of it I’ve heard that name before.

“Wow he sure is full of himself.” I chuckled; arriving at our destination I came to a halt knowing that this is my stop after all the time we spent on our journey. Val somehow seemed to have not taken note about my stop so once she noticed she immediately turned around and started jogging towards me; the sound of her hot pink pumps alerted her approach.

“Hey I thought you were heading to the shop with me, maybe since you’re looking for a job I can try to persuade my cousin Damien to hire you.” Val glued her eyes on the ground in embarrassment only causing me to question her unexpected attitude.

“Oh I don’t want to be a burden, I’m a handful trust me plus I don’t want you to waste your breath on me.” I furrowed my eyebrow as a small sad smile positioned itself on my lips and I placed my hand on Val’s shoulders in a friendly matter. She really seemed gloomy but I’m nothing but a trouble magnet when I think about my past and when I look at my future I feel like that will also be a disaster.

“Fine how about you search around for a while and if your still out of luck then I will text you the shops name.” giving into my word she took out her cell phone and handed it to me so I can enter my number before getting lost in the crowd of faces. Doing as Val said I decided to wander of and get myself lost in the swarm of peripatetic people, finally finding two stores that are hiring I decided to enter one of them that had a sort of fresh new vibe according to the wild cherry red walls and the colossal Audrey Hepburn mural, wooden floor, the modern and retro clothes and well anything that screams different.

Taking note of the song playing in the store I began head banging to the beat of it, going over the store my eyes landed on a Marilyn Monroe pullover, in less than five seconds I had snatched it up and decided to make my way towards the cash register. “

Hello anybody here?” turning my head from left to right I was surprise I didn’t get whiplash from the fast motion, putting my weight on my left leg I waited for assistance that’s when a sharp piercing scream slipped out of my mouth from the fact that out of the blue a pair of delicate hands landed on my shoulders.

“Boo!” the familiar voice echoed throughout the store, spinning me around that's when I saw her...Miss. Hot pink pumps in the flesh and blood.

Raising an eyebrow I stared at her, "What are you doing here shouldn't you be at work?"

"I Am." she simply replied and made her way behind the cash register "Welcome to Puro e Perfeetto!"

Wow that was a bit of a coincidence and unexpected? The thought rambled through my head and then I remembered how at first there wasn’t a hiring sign after passing by the first time but the second time I passed by their in bold white letters were the words Hiring Now. I’m guessing I just spoke my thoughts out loud.

"Well the reason why it's a coincidence is because I put it up just about ten or fifteen minutes ago." Val spoke as she scanned the pullover and neatly fold it before placing it inside an aqua blue bag that had the stores name in white calligraphy."That'll be $22.50." taking out the money from my back pocket I noticed I was only holding onto a 50 dollar bill, placing it on the polish glass counter Val took it in her tiny hands and did her job.

"Here's your change and would you like your receipt in the bag?" nodding my head she placed it inside the bag and handed the money to me along with my bag.

"That was professional." I said impressed with Val's performance since she's so giddy I thought those words wouldn't have come out so expert like. Instead of looking at me she was staring at something else which formed a Cheshire the cat smile to ignite her face. Hearing a sharp clap coming from behind me I turned around and met nose to chest with the one and only...ladies and gentlemen...arrogant hotel jerk. Tilting my head up just so I can take a look of his face, the familiar hazel eyes locked gazes with my stormy ones.

"So we meet again." he took a lock of my hair in his big masculine hands, letting go of my hair I scowled at his action knowing that he found this quiet amusing.

"So I'm guessing you guys have met before." Val propped her elbows on the counter as her hands cup her face, looks like she's prepared to be entertained.

"Yes we've met but we never introduced ourselves properly and surely enough we're not going to start now." I spared him my deadliest glare, chuckling throughout my stare off I despise the fact that he thought I was just some sort of joke.

"Well K you might want to start now because...well...he's my cousin and the owner of the store." Val bit her lip, using her new nickname for me.

I froze in my spot, the blood pumping through my veins turned to ice as my heart steadied to a snail pace. C'mon Kendra you can't let him get what he wants just because he's the owner of the store that I want to, let me rephrase that I really want to work in. But if that means you have to worship the path he walks on there's no use then.

"Actually Valley I don't mind, I like my girl’s feisty." he winked at me which almost caused my lunch to go up in displeasure.

"Well guess what, I don't go for arrogant pricks." I neatly crossed my arms over my chest causing him to switch his gaze towards my chest, feeling my face turn into a disgust impression I thank god I decided to not wear the black v-neck I was planning on wearing earlier.

"You're lucky then."

"Why?" I cocked a perfectly waxed eyebrow.

"Well K you wouldn't like to meet Damien's brother he passes by a lot." Val chimed in as she continues unpacking boxes full of leggings, pin up dresses and leather jackets.

"Let me guess he's a mini Damien."

"I wouldn’t say mini." Val contemplated on her words not sure if that's the correct usage of words to describe him so she can be precise.

"I wouldn't say I'm too fond of my brother but he's a top of the line player." Damien stated as he ran his hand through his luscious chestnut locks. Hmm now that I think of it I feel like his little brother is someone that I would never want to meet in my whole entire time of living in this town actually I should be specific and say whole entire world.

"Hey Damien, do you think K can work here?" Val questioned as she started to fold the leggings neatly on the wooden tables, turning his gaze from Val to me he decided shoot me his heart melting knee trembling dazzling smile. Funny thing is that I'm immune to this little game he wants me to play, walking away from him I decided to not waste my time and go help Val out with the clothes.

“I should get going!” Damien glanced at his watch and determined to introduce himself to the door, “Oh and before I go, congratulations you got the job all you need to do is fill up the application that Val will more than gladly hand to you.” With those words filling up the atmosphere he walked out into the flock of people.

“Oh my god, yes you’re going to work here, you’re going to work here!” Val sang as she danced around like a fool, I’m surprised though who would have thought getting hired is as easy as pie. Standing in my position with a scrunched up leather jacket in my grasp, I just continued staring at the short giddy brunette dancing like a maniac.

“Hey aren’t you happy?” Val stopped her bizarre dancing just so she can spare me a deep concern frown , replacing my dazed expression I masked it up with a grin.

“Yeah I’m happy.” I nodded my head in attempt to appear exhilarated. Returning to her cheerful mood she pulled my hand and waved it around in exertion to get me to dance which I failed miserably at preventing because next thing you know we were caught red handed by a shopper.

“Kendra!” the velvety voice said rather loudly causing the atmosphere to be enveloped with awkward silence, my guts dropped when I turned around to face the last person I would expect to see in a store like this.

“Sophia!” the words rolled off my tongue as if it were a curse word.

“Valentina!” Val nervously shouted in attempt to make things a little less strange than what it seems.