Status: VERY slow updates. Don't read if you're too impatient. Feedback appreciated :)

South Ithilien High School

10.2 - Homecoming - Part Two

After catching a ride with Boromir, Eldarwen, Merry and Pippin, we all made our way to the decorated gym. We were amongst the earliest arrivers, but there was still quite a crowd when we got there. We piled whatever stuff we had on a table in the high school way of reserving spots. We moved out to the dance floor before the crowd got too big and found a spot where all our friends could fit and dance together. We danced in a group for a while as we waited for the others to show up and started dancing together in a large, disorganized group. We ignored the weird looks we got from people, just enjoying each other's company and having fun. About ten minutes into the dance, Arwen and Strider arrived and joined our group.

I laughed as I was pulled into Boromir's arms to dance to a peppy, upbeat song with him. Arwen and Aragorn danced next to us. They were more graceful than Boromir and I, but we didn't care. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, trying to keep up with him as he danced, giggling to myself at his dorky - albeit adorable - dance moves. None of us noticed as the hobbits and Eldarwen snuck off to go attend to their own annual school dance mischief. Boromir and I stay like this for the last few upbeat songs. The slow songs start and I let go of him, smiling.

"I'm going to go get drinks and go to the bathroom," I said to him. "I'll be right back." I didn't notice his confused face as I weaved my way between the slowly swaying couples to exit the gym. I got a cup of punch from the table just outside the gym that was serving drinks and food. I drank a few cups of it before making my way to the bathroom furthest from the gym. It was a longer walk, but that bathroom was almost empty. I was a little unsteady on my feet and my head was swimming. It was hard to concentrate, but eventually I managed to fix up my makeup and left the bathroom. I stumbled as I was nearly run over by a couple elf girls and gasped in surprise as a strong arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me back up to my feet.

"Sorry about them," a smooth voice said. "They're a bit... excited." A soft chuckle brought me to my senses and I stood, straightening my dress. I looked up and blushed as my gaze was met by beautiful green eyes.

"O-Oh... well, that's alright," I said. "I’m sure it was an accident." I averted my eyes. There was another chuckle and he tilted my chin up to meet his eyes again as he tucked his golden hair behind an ear.

"Well? Aren't you going to tell me your name?" he asked flirtatiously.

"I-I'm Isilwen... I... should really get back to my friends," I said, moving away from him. He was very attractive, but he was starting to creep me out with all the touching. He caught my wrist and pulled me back.

"My name is Elerossë," he winked. "So... Isilwen," his voice was silky. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"N-No," I stuttered, backing up a few steps again. The close proximity was uncomfortable.

"Well?"

"Well... what?" I asked. He chuckled.

"You are so oblivious. It's kind of cute," he said. I blushed. "Do you want to go out with me?"

"Um... s-sure," I said. He smirked and kissed my cheek.

"Alright then. I'll see you Monday," he winked again and walked away. I stood there, confused for a minute, unsure of what just happened. I went back to the gym after gathering myself. The group had reformed, minus Legolas and Sam, and they were all dancing together. I rejoined the group a little awkwardly.

"Isilwen, are you okay?" Eldarwen asked. I blinked and looked at her.

"Um... yeah. But... I think I just got a boyfriend..."

"But... wait..." she blinked back. Boromir suddenly left the group and the dance floor. "I thought..." she looked just as confused as I felt. "When did this happen?"

"Two minutes ago... I don't even know..." I said. She gave me another confused look, but we fell silent and continued to dance, both Arwen and myself a bit wobbly on our feet.