Status: VERY slow updates. Don't read if you're too impatient. Feedback appreciated :)

South Ithilien High School

11 - Wise Decisions

Legolas' POV

We finally left the dance after the last song was over. Alatariel seemed happy as she grabbed my hand and dragged me to the car. She practically ran to the parking space and jumped into the car. She pouted impatiently as I took my time getting in and starting the car.

"Hurry up! I want to leave before the traffic gets awful," she said. "We should go back to your place. It's closer." She batted her eyelashes at me. "And much emptier..." I sighed and pulled out of the parking place.

"Fine," I said. I drove home. It was true, my house was much closer and my father was out for the evening. I let her inside and kicked off my shoes. She slid off her heels and dropped them on the ground.

"Where's your room?" she giggled and wrapped her arms around my shoulders. I leaned
away and peeled her arms off me.

"Upstairs, door right on the end," I muttered. "I'm going to change," I sighed and grabbed some pajama pants and went into the bathroom. I heard her walk around downstairs before heading up to my room. I changed quickly and went up to my room as well. When I opened the door my jaw dropped. Alatariel was laying on my bed in lingerie in a way she thought would be appealing.

"Um... what are you doing?" I asked slowly. She giggled.

"Like what you see?" she purred, getting off the bed and pressing herself up against me.

"Please get off me," I gently pushed her away.

"I know you like it..." she winked, latching onto me again. I pushed her away with more force.

"I said get off," I said firmly. Her eyes hardened as she glared at me.

"Fine! Fine, I see how it is! I was going to let you sleep with me, but whatever! You've LOST your chance!" she grabbed her clothes and stormed out of the house angrily. I sighed and waited for her cab to disappear before getting into bed. It was time for me to come out.

~~~~

The next day at school I made an appointment with the counsellor, Mr. Gandalf, that lasted
throughout my first homeroom and first period classes.

"What seems to be the problem, Legolas?" Gandalf asked, looking at me through his wizened blue-grey eyes. "I don't usually see you down here... you always seem to be on top of everything." I sighed and looked down at my lap.

"I just... needed some help... I've finally come to terms with the fact that I'm... gay... I want to come out but I just don't know how..." Gandalf gave me a kind smile.

"I think you're making a wise decision. True happiness is only accomplished through self-acceptance. Tell the friend you trust most with this. If they're really your friend they will support you and be there for you while you build up the courage to come out."

"W-Well... I would... but... I'm kind of in love with him..." Legolas said softly. "And we're not on very good terms right now..."

"Is there no one else?" Gandalf asked. "Surely there is." I thought about it.

"Well... there are a few others," I smiled softly. I felt like the weight of world had just lifted off my shoulders. "Thank you, Mr. Gandalf..."

"Anytime Legolas... I'm always here to talk if you need. Now get on back to class."