Status: VERY slow updates. Don't read if you're too impatient. Feedback appreciated :)

South Ithilien High School

12 - Get Him Back

Aragorn's POV

I sighed and sat down in the spinny chair at my desk, spinning in circles. Legolas had been on my mind a lot these last few weeks, and it was driving me crazy. I just couldn't forget the betrayal in his eyes... I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. He hadn't spoken to me in weeks. I had to do something to fix it. I sighed once again as I came to my conclusion. I would have to break up with Arwen. She was more of a friend than a girlfriend, anyway. I dug my phone out of my pocket and texted her.

[can i come over? we need to talk] I held my breath and waited for her response.

[sure! I'm not doing anything today anyway.]

I sighed in relief and grabbed my keys. The whole drive there I was chewing my lip anxiously up until I knocked on the door.

"Strider!" she opened the door and smiled radiantly, gesturing me inside. "Come in!" I stepped inside, but stayed in the foyer. I wasn't going to be staying here long. "What did you want to talk about?" she asked as she noticed my hesitation to enter.

"Arwen... you're... you're a really good friend..." I took a breath. "But I think we should... break up."

"O-Oh..." she looked down at her hands which were clasped in front of her.

"It's not you! Oh... this sounds cliché... but it really isn't. You're a great friend... but this was a mistake... I'm in love with someone else." She looked up with a small, sad smile.

"Legolas?" she asked. Her smiled widened a bit at my shocked expression. "Oh come on, Strider... it's obvious," she nudged me playfully. "We can still be friends, right?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way," I smiled and kissed her cheek. "You're the best..."

"And don't you forget it! Now get out of here. I have to get all dressed up if I'm to find a new boyfriend before prom," she stuck out her tongue.

"Alright, alright," I chuckled and hugged her goodbye before going back home. That had gone better than I thought it would. I was lucky that she was so understanding. When I got back up, I grabbed my sketch pad and sat down on the couch to clear my mind and find a way to get the love of my life back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Luckily for Strider she doesn't just understand, she's still his friend. FRIENDSHIP FTW