Status: VERY slow updates. Don't read if you're too impatient. Feedback appreciated :)

South Ithilien High School

15 - After-School Relaxation

Pippin's POV

Merry, Frodo, Sam and I were sitting around at Frodo's, eating whatever we could find. We were all getting pretty bummed from all the bad vibes around. Legolas had been the worst lately. He was quiet and withdrawn and so unlike himself. We were all getting worried about him.

"Guys... I think we need to make Legolas feel better," I said after a few moments of quiet munching. The others nodded.

"Yeah. It's just not the same with him so down all the time now... I wish he would tell us what happened. I think Isilwen knows, but she's never around," Frodo said.

"How do we make him happy though?" Merry asked. "Normally I'd suggest some pipe weed but... I don't know that he'll go for that right off. Pipe weed always makes me happy though."

Sam gasped. "I know! We could join his garden club and hang out with him more after school! If I remember correctly, there are only a couple other elves in his club. It's a very small group," he said.

"...Can we still bring weed?" Merry asked.

"Yes," I said quickly, before Sam or Frodo could say otherwise. They just rolled their eyes at us but didn't object.

~~~~

The next afternoon we went to garden club meeting after school. Merry and I had managed to sneak some pipe weed into school. We pushed some small stone benches into a circle and sat down, chatting while we waited for Legolas to show up. A few other wood elves trickled in. They seemed confused when they saw us but sat down as well. Legolas hurried in a few minutes later.

"Sorry I'm late... I was meeting with a teacher about somethi-" he froze when he saw us then sighed. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

I gave Legolas my biggest, sweetest smile. "We're here to make you feel better!" I said.

"Just... sit there and be quiet, then," Legolas said. The elves and Sam got to work planting some flowers and bushes and tending to the already grown plants. Merry and I snuck off to go plant some of the pipe weed so we didn't have to sneak any more in. After the rest of the members left, we corned Legolas and pressed a pipe into his hands.

"We know you elves have a big problem with smoking," I said before he could object, "but I'm sure one time won't hurt you. Besides, it's relaxing."

"Are you sure about this?" Legolas asked.

"Awe, c'mon Leggy, have we ever steered you wrong?" Merry asked. Legolas raised an eyebrow.

"Do you really want me to answer that?" he asked. Merry and I looked up at him with big eyes and he sighed. "Fine. I'm sure once won't hurt..." we lit the pipe for him and dug out our own. He took a test drag and coughed. "Ew..." We all started giggling at the look on his face and he smiled. We finished the our pipes before leaving the school for home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol, you have to love the hobbits. At least they're trying to cheer him up, I suppose. In a not... completely legal way...