The End

The End

The sweet blessed end where the pain stops forever, my tears fall no more, and my voice dies down to a lulling nothing. The sweetness of the calm, the sound beating of my heart as it flows life into my soul, sparking hope and light into my dull, black eyes. You say the end is in sight, and though I can not see it, or feel it, or know it, you say it is there like I should believe you. Your voice is confident. I wonder if your arrogance to the howling screams of my mind, body, and soul can be heard by your distance ears. You stand there, staring at me, possibly through me, but never seeing what really is there. You say you see the end when I no longer have to cry. You say I will live and be free of the horrors of my despairing life. A time of peace and joy and the strangeness of hope will burst like the spray of a gigantic wave crashing upon new land. You say I will see and feel all around me, able to understand a world of which you view right now, through and around me. You say the end is within me, hidden and buried below the burden of my dark burning heart. You tell me to open my eyes and weep no more, to rise anew and cry out not in ache, but with wonder and pride. I must wonder how these words can be formed and spoke aloud. You grab my arm, force me beyond my own crunching, crushing, cursing self and twirl me around from my own self image to the world. I try to run and hide. It is too bright, too good to be true……

And so you say there is an end, a sweet blessed end.