Status: Honestly, please just give it a read. It's my first story in a long time on here.

Sanguine Harmony

One

Even before I opened the door I knew… I knew that what lied behind it was the last thing I wanted to see. He was behind the door, holding my heart in his strong hand. He was seated on his favorite arm chair with his right arm resting over the side. His right hand was covered in a black leather glove and my heart was beating in the palm of it. The red blood would seep over the sides and drip on to the concrete floor. He wore a light blue button up and a black tie. The gold ring with the dark blue stone was conveniently on his left hand so he wouldn’t get blood all over it. My blood, something he had savored many times before, was being intently listened to by him. Every drip and every drop was a smooth melody to him, warm and tender. He knew every emotion within the sanguine harmony he heard and it made him smile.

I knew long before I even reached the door that this day would come. I knew I was going to be walking up to the bright red door with the golden handle. I knew that there would be a huge hole in my chest with all of my shirts having blood stains. The wound was deep, gruesome, and purple. It was forced out, my heart that is. Forced out by his golden dagger that stung like a wasp. There seemed to be no remorse for his actions. He stole my heart and planned to have his way with it while having no regard for what it would do with me. I wanted it back.

My gun was at my side. With enough bullets to shoot out an army, I wore them proudly over my right side. I wished to display my wound to him. He needed to see it. He needed to see how long I bled and lived lifelessly. I spent countless months being silently tortured by him. The world never saw the wound. Only he and I could see it. He would dangle my heart before me, so close in my reach and yet he still had his grasp over it. It was like living in limbo, to be so close to the one person who would silently hurt you.

We were sickeningly twisted and delightfully addicting. We crossed paths at a time where my gun was constantly aimed at the heads of anyone male. He made me put the gun down and with that he took my heart.

“Why shoot out everyone when I could just take your heart?” he asked. He was seated across from me, eating his lunch. His dark eyes were focused on my gun which lay on the table. I took no chances. He was male. There was an issue right there.

I cocked my head to the side and watched him swallow. “Take my heart?” I asked, laughing at him. “What good will that do for you?”

He smiled. “It would make you put the gun down for good.”

I highly doubted him and I told him so. Putting my gun down for good was not something in my plans. He had a higher chance of flying. My gun, black, shiny, and loaded, was precious to me. It was silent, taking out those I wished to perish and there were many, so many. They were the people who wronged me, who pitied me, who crossed my path at the wrong time. There was no room for them in my world. I was feared and revered for it. Yet, this guy sat across from me with the coolest of complexions. It was as if the gun didn’t scare him.

“It’s up to you,” he paused and wiped his lips with a napkin. “Actually, it isn’t up to you at all. You sit there with your gun while everyone else stares at us, wondering if I’m next. They all know you hate me because of what I am. But I can see right through you, little girl. You don’t want to shoot me at all.”

I called his bluff. “What makes you think I wouldn’t put a bullet in your brain right at this very moment?” Venom dripped from my words. I hated being tested.

Once again, his smiled appeared. “Because of this,” and at that very moment the dagger went in. The gold blade sunk deep into my chest, forcing its way through my ribs. His smile grew wider. “Smile for me a little; it makes it hurt a little less.”

Body frozen, I felt the blade tear through it all. My eyes watched him lean over the table, ignoring the stains being made on his clothes. His free arm held the small of my back, keeping me steady. Eyes struggling to focus, I caught glimpses of him artfully carving my heart out of my chest. He was so warm and so was the blade, as if some sort of anesthetic was dripping from it. His smile never left as the entire world went black around me.

It was such a learning curve living without something so vital to life. Yet, I could still shoot and here I was ready to face the one person who held it all. I gripped the handle and opened the door. It was just like I pictured. Our eyes met and his smile grew wider.

“I thought you would never open it,” he spoke. His voice was melodic, following the pattern of the dripping. He broke his gaze to glance at my heart. “I take it that you want it back.”

I nodded.

He stood up and gripped my heart, making my knees jolt. “You’re still so connected to it. And look,” he stepped closer to me, “it sings in my hand.” He squeezed it, making my knees jolt again.

“Give it back, B,” I hissed at him. My grip was strong on my gun. Shakily, I raised my arm, aiming for his head.

He inched closer towards me, his smile only growing bigger. It glowed in the dark room. “Nuh uh uh, little girl. How can I give back something that wants to be mine so badly?” He brought my heart up to his lips. “Why give up something that simply tastes so good?” He pressed his lips against it, sending a sharp burn down my body.

“Because it’s not yours to take!” I shouted, shooting off in random directions. I was infuriated at what this fool was making me feel. I vowed there would never be another to make me feel. I vowed and I vowed hard.

B was now circling me, occasionally squeezing my heart. “Honey, you can’t even shoot at me properly. Why not give in?”

My breathing was labored. “Give in to what? You? I vowed never to let anyone else take what you now hold in your hand.” I took a deep breath. “You forced it out of my chest and have been man handling it ever since. You don’t even deserve such a thing.”

He laughed. “That’s not what it tells me.” Stopping right before my face, he continued to speak. “Your heart sings about never wanting to let go. You want to be freed so badly of your vow. Your heart wants me to do that and you’re denying it. Just imagine what I could do to you.” He dug his nails into the pumping flesh and I fell to my knees. “I could make you feel so much more than the anger and contempt you hold for me and others like me.” B crouched down to my level. “Give in and set your heart free.”

I spit in his face. There was no willing way for me to give in to someone who forced my heart out of my chest. He was dishonorable and despicable.

He shoved his left hand into my empty chest in retaliation. B scratched at the walls that were covered in dried blood and torn tissue. His ring was leaving dark imprints within me. “Is this what you’re so afraid of? That I can reach into you and cause so much damage and all you can do is sit there and take it? Are you really that much of a coward?”

I couldn’t even answer. The pain was unbearable and seething. His fingers burned my insides. It shot up to my brain causing tears to fall from my eyes. “S-st-stop,” I feebly stuttered.

He continued to dig. “Stop? Now why would do that?” His hand moved slowly now. He was dragging out the burn. B’s smile was so wide now, maniacal and menacing. My blood had stained his lips bright red and his teeth dazzled. They were so white.

I began to cough. Warm liquid was dripping out the sides of my lips. Blood. There was more coughing and droplets were being caught by his shirt. This was it. It was here that I was going to end. It was just like when he tore it out of me. His hand left my chest and was now holding me up. The world was again going black. I had to say something. I had to speak.

“K-keep it,” I murmured and with that it went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pardon this odd little number. It's a piece for my creative writing course using a specific opening line & I simply wanted feedback, but I couldn't wait for class. Please, leave me some. This is my first piece on Mibba in a very very very long time.