Status: active as it could be (every other week on tuesdays and saturdays)

Lackadaisical

PERKY, CHEESY AND DAMN IRRESISTIBLE

“International boy band member Harry Styles has found himself in yet another scandal with host…

- - -


“I got a text from our manager and it said in order to keep me off the tabloids, I needed to give another story for them to use rather than the one they had on me,” Harry said softly, shutting his eyes. “When I did, the editors changed it to a whole different story and made it seem like I was back to my cougar phase.”

“I intentionally gave a story about how we were about to release the new album and upcoming tour locations and dates,” Harry explained. “But those people changed it and came up with another outrageous critique about Caroline and I.” He sighed. “
I cannot explain to you guys my hatred towards journalists. And to top things off, I think the one girl I actually cared about no longer likes me. I may be acting like a DQ but I just hate how life is treating me right now.”

Image


What was more rubbish – the thought of leaving Harry or the second she knew Harry had moved on?

Samatra found out about Harry’s tedious romance adventures by Niall and Louis. It sucked learning the news by a third party. Their breakup was a mutual decision so Harry had every right to start dating other people, but that did not mean he could go fooling around with Taylor Swift.


- - -


“Niall, this is bad. I do not think this is a keen idea.”

“Sam, you worry too much,” He laughed. Niall watched Harry and Taylor walk closer to him and Samatra as the two observed the animals, talking lowly with each other. Niall took Samatra’s hand, holding firmly. “If Harry can date, so can you.”

“No,” she swallowed. “I can’t, this is a horrible idea. May I remind you that you are Harry’s friend. You should do more rather than fake dating his ex.”

“This is pretend.” Niall assured her. “C’mon, being lonely is not fun, trust me. I am only doing this for you.”


Image


“Can you just shut up?” Harry snapped, taking a heavy sigh. He held his soda can tightly, making his thumbs red by the second. “You are really getting on my last nerve.”

Samatra smirked. “That makes two of us, Styles.”

“You know, I have managed myself to put up with your emotions for a long time now. I was only being nice.” Harry said lowly, placing his can towards his lips. “The fact you would try to hook up with one of my mates is a whole new level. I mean, did you even think of how I would feel?”

“So what you are saying is that you were only pitying me when we were together?” She stared at Harry for a second, frowning. “You know Harry, you are a lot of things.” Sam coughed, feeling her eyes drop. She sniffed before she spoke again. “But I never thought you would be the kind of person you were once afraid to be.”

“Sam.” Harry tried.

“Harry, can you shut up?
You're really getting on my last nerve.

Image


“But why her?” Taylor quickly asked, without thinking closely about what she was saying. She looked as if she tasted something sour.

“Samatra was different.” Harry half-smiled, looking at Taylor directly this time, making his smile fade slowly. He was flushing, making Taylor a little bit jumpy.

“Are you breaking up with me?” Taylor asked, belittled by that thought.

“Taylor, sweet Taylor.” Harry said, biting his tongue. “We were never together.”


Image


“Just tell me you no longer love me,” Harry said.

Samatra crushed her eyebrows together, tightening her jaw. “You know I cannot do that,” she answered lowly.

“Why not?” Harry pleaded. His green pupils were staring straight at Sam, memorizing her mind. His tongue slid out, moving around his lips. “Look me in the eye and say it. I will leave you alone forever, just say the word.”

Samatra took in a deep breath, finally catching Harry’s direct attention. “Harry, I would be lying if I said I no longer love you.”

“Please.”

“Harry look, I am not was I seem.” She started to whisper, closing her eyes.

“You are beginning to lose it. If you hate me so much, why is it hard for you to tell me one simple thing?” Harry asked lightly.

Sam stood tall, feeling a small tear drop fall down to her flushed cheeks. She started to hiccup, sniffing as she continued to breathe. Her vision was starting to blur as her palms started to shake. Stumbling by her two feet, Samatra gripped onto her jacket, only noticing Harry was near her, close enough to feel his own breath.

“What are you talking about?” Harry demanded, making a chill go down her back.

Before Samatra inched away, the scent of Harry’s jacket was rushing through her nostrils, making her skin burn. Her eyes were now fuzzy, making Harry’s figure into a giant blob.

“Harry, I-I am a journalist and I was hired to fall in love with you.”

The world was now going against her. Samatra felt her knees shake as her palms started to sweat. Harry tried to focus on what Samatra just said, making his nerves tingle. He was ready to pass out. Harry’s knees were starting to give on him as well; something he wanted at the moment – to give up.

“What?” Harry barely said out loud, side-stepping himself. “Are you joking? Why would you even say that?”

“I did it for money,” Samatra cut him off. “I became a journalist mainly because I needed the cash to help support my grandmother and it was the only job I knew I would achieve in without a proper degree. I could not hold a stable job in the states so I took something that was easy to get a hold of. I posted online I need this job. Surprisingly, someone contacted me to become a reporter in another country, here in England. The person I emailed promised many things, as if to know I was financially struggling. I thought it would be decent because my grandmother lived here and I would be living with someone rather than my aunt back home.

“When I got here, a woman assigned me to follow you around, gathering the dirt about your life. They gave me specific notes to get any gossip from you. I was originally working undercover; you were not suppose to notice me. It was not in my notes how attractive you would be as well. That day you ran into me at the airport, blaming me for your mess, I knew you were going to be difficult work. And that was the number one reason why I despised you; I knew I could never love you because of what I did for a living. After running into you a couple of times, I knew it was not a coincidence. London’s an enormous place so I could not connect the possible reasons why we kept stepping into each other’s paths.

“My boss told me in order to get what she needed, I had to spice things up. Reluctantly, I obeyed and followed you, noting down the places you have visited, hoping to run into you one more time. The day I walked my grandmother’s dog was the day you asked me on a dates. I met some of your friends and mom, you took me into your home and you trusted me.

“My boss was getting bored with me and my performance so she told me to break it off with you. If I didn’t, she promised to do worst. And with my gut, she did. My boss sent Taylor Swift to finish her dirty work. I was mainly mad at myself because I could have ended it with you. Taylor was just another one of my boss’s accessory. The layer of jealous I had towards Swift and you dating was also new to me. If I did not continue to do what she said, my boss threatened to publish a shit hit about me, so I would no longer get a job in my life ever again. When she found out that I was still with you, she decided to move me and my work to a sister company back in California. She sent out a recommendation and everything so she could get what she wanted – me gone and out of your picture.

“The betrayal killed me slowly. I wanted to forget about my job because I started to fall for you, but I learnt nothing lasts forever. Nothing in this biosphere would make up for the shit I put you through. I am sorry.”

Samatra looked up at Harry, realizing a giant hole was forming in his chest. She felt more tears surfacing, making her legs weaker by the second. Harry was speechless, furrowing his eyebrows together.

As Samatra began to walk away, Harry called out to her for the last time, asking, “Who is your boss?”

A small itch traveled down her spine as Samatra Rae answered, “Caroline Flack.”


Image


“She told me in person…D-Do you think I am making this up? Why would I mess around with that shit?” Harry growled at his buddies, who were making remarks about his last encounter with Samatra. They were closely listening, sitting around him. The group did not think Harry’s tale was true, but why the hell would Harry Styles care about what other’s thought? If he did not care, why should everyone else?
♠ ♠ ♠
author’s somewhat important note:

{this was all jumbled and all over the place - most flashbacks are} This is a small flashback of PERKY, CHEESY AND DAMN IRRESISTIBLE, which leads onto an introduction for LACKADAISICAL. I’m sorry if it’s confusing – the MI of this represents a small timeline of what our mains went through before anything new happens. The central focus here is that Harry Styles and Samatra broke up and is now dealing with the breakup blah blah blah (; THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND STICKING WITH THIS STORY even after a year(s) in the making.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS ANNND FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED BC WELL HARRY STYLES IS AMAZING SO YOU CAN SPRINKLE ME ON THAT ONE

And if you wanted to check out perky, cheesy and damn irresistible because you’re feeling extra amazing before you start reading this sequel, which btdubs you don’t need to read to understand the sequel, PRESS HERE! it was over a year or two ago so yeah, I know there’s loads of errors and flaws c;

Have a great day! ♡