Status: To be updated slowly

Amber Eyed Angel

Twist in the tail

He could not understand why he was disappointed with her submissive attitude. This had been what he wanted. He knew that she would soon forget her terror and fight him again, but he also knew that he would break her. He knew her weaknesses she would be broken.

Then why does that not make him happy? He brought to mind an image of her face turned to him in defiance and her eyes filled with fire. That image made him feel another emotion, he wanted her with fire in her eyes and not fear.

That could not be though, he was the god, the one in control and she would always fear him. Slowly his association with her would chase the fire from her eyes and the thought of that saddened him.

“Where would you like to go Loki?” She asked; bringing him out of his thoughts.

He turned slightly looking down at her. Her clothing irked him.

“Let us attend to your attire. Take us to some shops so that we can procure suitable clothing for you.” He instructed.
She nodded her acceptance. Her voice spoke up hesitantly.

“Can you tell me what you deem suitable? I am not sure what women wear in Asgard,” She seemed a little like her normal self and he could sense a genuine curiosity behind her question.

An image of her in full Asgardian dress filled his mind and he smiled. He saw that she was confused by his smile. He knew that she was reacting to the smile and it pleased him.

“The women of Asgard wear dresses that complement their figures. They are the epitome of womanhood.” His thoughts turned to his mother. “My mother is first among all the woman of Asgard and she is always beautifully attired in her gowns. Usually the wife will wear her husband’s colors. That is why my mother always wears gold, it shows that she is his wife and proud of it.”

He could see her as clear as day. She was an exceptionally beautiful woman. Her beauty was not the least of her qualities. He loved her and was saddened by the fact that he was causing her pain. He wished that things were different. Where had things gone so wrong?

“What does your Mother look like and what is her name?” Angel aksed; he looked at her and saw only a need to know more.

He thought before answering her. How could he describe her?

“She is the epitome of beauty and grace. She has golden hair always beautifully braided or styled. She walks with grace and is loved by all. Her name is Frigga and she is the goddess of Beauty, Love and Marriage. She shines in all those areas. She is the most beautiful goddess in Asgard. Her love knows no bounds; she even extended it to me the child of a Frost Giant. She is also the most faithful wife having stood by Odin at all times; even guarding him when he is in the Odin sleep.”

He saw that she smiled at his description of his mother.

“I think I would like to meet her, she seems to be a wonderful woman.”

He just nodded. She was indeed. She had given him nothing but love and acceptance and return he had betrayed her. Not only had he caused Odin her husband to go into the Odin sleep unexpectedly, but he had plotted against Odin and Thor. He had let their enemies into their home and it could have led to her death. He was truly the monster that everyone thought him to be.

He missed her, for she had always been able to cheer him up. He was saddened by the fact that there would be no way for him to redeem himself in her eyes.

What hurt even more was that she did not expect him to prove anything. She loved him unconditionally and had forgiven him already. He knew that he did not deserve it.

Melancholy filled his thoughts. What was to become of him? He had no home to return to, no family and even the people in this realm despised him.

“I think I know just the shop that would have the kind of clothes that you would like.” She said. “We would need to take a taxi though, as it is too far away to walk.”

Her words brought him back to the present. He looked at her and saw that she seemed almost happy to go. He was suspicious of her attitude, but he could sense no plan for escape from her. Her mind was focussed on going to the shop she had thought about.

“You seem to be eager to go; why the change of heart?”

She looked at him and he could see that she was considering her answer.

“I don’t know.” She said quietly. “I’m still afraid of you and I don’t know what you have planned for me, but I think that under different circumstances we may have been friends.” She sighed. “I don’t like fighting Loki and I don’t want to die yet. I know I am nothing in your eyes, but my life is everything to me. I’m willing to make certain concessions if you are willing to listen.”

He looked into her eyes and her mind. He found no deceit there and it puzzled him. He could not understand this new calm that she had.

“I know you are telling the truth.” He confirmed; as she seemed to be waiting for some acknowledgement from him.

“I can’t lie to you Loki, you read me like a book.” He sensed her irritation at that. He saw that she wanted to ask him something, but was hesitant, afraid of how he would react to her words. Just that fact made him curious as to what she wanted from him.

“What is it Angel? I can see there is something that you want to ask, go ahead.”

She looked up at him with indecision in her mind. She looked away and finally decided to proceed.

“Please hear me out and don’t get mad.” He sensed that she was afraid of his anger. “If you do not want to do this; then just say so and I will forget it. There will be no need to yell of threaten me. I only ask that you listen objectively.”

She looked at him again, waiting for his answer.

“I will listen to your request, proceed.”

She looked down taking a deep breath. He could sense her tension and this made him even more curious.

“I want to make a deal with you.” She said; looking up at him for a moment.

That was not what he had expected to hear from her and he raised his eyebrow at her in surprise.

“I will not fight you and i will obey you if you promise me that you will not harm me or make any physical advances to me. I will be the most perfect woman you may wish, but I do not want to be forced into anything.”

He studied her closely. He could not believe what had just happened. Could she possibly mean what she said? She asked for his word. He was infamous for his silver tongue and yet she was willing to trust that he would keep his word. He felt confusion at what she was suggesting.

He longed for her acceptance; he did not understand why he wanted that. Could he trust her though? Mortals are not the most dependable when it came to keeping their word. Perhaps this was all a ploy to gain his trust so that she could escape him. Would she betray him like everyone else?
His silence was making her nervous and he could see that she was beginning to feel afraid. Uncertainty was evident in her eyes. They had gone a very pale amber, something he noticed they tended to do when she was in doubt.

“I will accept your proposal, I will do nothing to you that you do not wish for and in return you will obey me in everything.” He finally answered.

They had started to walk and he pulled her to a stop, moving his hand to her face and forcing her to look fully into his eyes. He stared intently into them before talking again.

“Be warned little mortal. If you try to fight me or trick me I will be your worst nightmare. If you betray our agreement you will wish for death.”

He had purposely made his voice cold and he saw her shiver and fear flicker through her mind. He knew that she understood that he would do as he said.

“I promise.” She said softly as she looked directly into his eyes. He could see that she meant what she said. He also felt her surprise at the knowledge that she did mean what she said. He felt her determination to go through with their bargain.

He was as surprised as she. What had happened to make her change so and more importantly; why was he happy about the change in her?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi update 2/3