Status: To be updated slowly

Amber Eyed Angel

Bedtime antics

He made his way to her bed and made himself comfortable.

So far his little game with Angel was keeping him amused. He would have to get to know more about this realm soon. He had some plans on how to revenge himself on the Avengers, but this time he would like to have more information.

Barton had given him all that he knew and during the time that he had shadowed Erik Selveig he had learned some things regarding the technologies of this world, but he was sure that there were things that he was not aware of.

Angel finally made her way from bathroom. She looked beautiful in her nightdress and he couldn’t fault the colour, green definitely suited her. He knew he was unsettling her by being in her room and on her bed.

He watched as she moved over to her bedside table. He was almost jealous of her hairbrush; the sight of it gliding through her beautiful locks was almost sensual.

What would it feel like to stoke it, or grab onto it whilst in the throws of passion? He saw her lift her eyes to meet his in the mirror, soon little one, soon you will be mine completely he thought.

He intended to keep their bargain, but he had only promised to do nothing that she did not want, that did not mean he that she would not want what she would receive.

He would be patient, but he knew that with the right incentive she would give in to him.

She had finished with her hair, but still she sat at the dresser.

“Angel, come to bed.” He instructed her.

She looked at him, fear in her eyes. He loved that she was so open with her emotions. Whatever she was thinking was always so clearly visible that it took no effort at all to glean what her thoughts and feelings were.

She rose from her chair, but made no effort to approach the bed. She looked ready to run from him. Her body was tense with hesitation.

He could not allow her to get away with this for to long so he lowered his voice and made it more commanding.

“I gave you an instruction.”

She jumped slightly at his words and then moved hesitantly towards the bed. He could tell that she didn’t really want to approach him. There was fear in her whole posture. She was tense, like a cornered animal. He pulled back the sheets and motioned for her to get in. She did so with great trepidation. The instant she was in she pulled the sheets up to her chin. She didn’t look at him.

He rose and started shedding his clothing, that did get her attention and he could see the puzzlement on her face.

“What are you doing?” She asked, her voice was higher than normal.

He just raised his eyebrow mockingly at her.

“I am preparing for bed; armour is not the most comfortable attire to rest in.”

Her look of shock was almost laughable, the shock had clearly overridden her fear of him as her next words proved.

“You can’t sleep here! There is a guest room that you can use.” She was completely serious.

Did she really expect him to sleep in another room? He enjoyed her shock. Did she think she could order him from her room? If he hadn’t been so amused by her shock he would have been angry. If only she knew that he had already shared her bed with her.

“I have no intension of sleeping anywhere but here.” He replied, removing any emotion from his voice.
She started to sit up in the bed and moved as if to get up.

“Where are you going?” He asked, he lowered his voice, making a soft hiss of menace.

He could see the effect his change of voice had on her but she stubbornly persisted.

“You can have this room; I’ll use the guest room.” She replied, her voice lacked strength and he knew that she feared his reaction.

The fact that she was going against his will angered him.

“You are going nowhere, you will stay with me.”

“No, that was not what I agreed to; I’ll sleep in the guest room.”

Her defiance angered him. Who did she think she was to instruct him as to what would or would not happen? He was in control and she was nothing more than a lowly mortal. He moved over to the bed, straddling her. He felt her body stiffen in shock and heard a fearful intake of breath.

He could see rationality leave her eyes as fear and instinct took over. Her hands came up and she attempted to push him away. Foolish mortal, her attempts were pathetic, he could crush her without thought. She changed tactics and started pummelling him with her fists, doing more damage to her than to him he suspected. He could not let her continue like that so he grabbed her wrists in his hands forcing them above her head. She continued to struggle so he increased the pressure on her wrists until finally she whimpered in pain and lay still beneath him.

He watched her closely seeing her eyes reflect hopelessness and resignation. He pushed into her thoughts, she was berating herself for a fool, waiting for him to take her by force.

The thought that she would think him capable of such a vile act hurt him deeply. He could not understand why this should bother him, yet it did. He may be a monster, but he would never lower himself to such despicable acts.

He could not soften towards her though. He would have her obey him and the easiest way to do so was to have her fear him.

“You will stay here with me. We will share this bed and you can either do so willingly or not. If need be I will chain you to it which will not be comfortable. The decision is yours.”

He kept his position over her monitoring her thoughts to determine what she would do. He sensed that she wanted to cry and for some reason it pained him to know that he was the cause of her unhappiness, but he pushed the feelings aside. The thought foremost in her mind was that he had lied to her.

He was used to people judging him but that she would think so was hurtful. As she made no move he let her go getting up to remove the rest of his clothing, leaving only his undergarments.

He slid into the bed next to her, noticing that she still lay with her arms above her head not having moved at all. He could smell the fear around her. He moved on his side, reaching out to her and moving her so that he could fold his arms around her. Her body was stiff against him.

“Relax little Angel. You may not think much of my word, but I do not lightly break it when given. Sleep, no harm will come to you by my hand this night.” He whispered in her ear, unable to leave her so fearful any longer.

He felt a shiver run down her spine and after a while her muscles relaxed. Not long after he heard her breathing even out as sleep overtook her.

He lay awake a strange heaviness surrounding his heart. He held her close and subconsciously she snuggled into him. He sighed, why did he feel bad for having her fear him? What did her feelings matter?

If he had any sense he would kill her now, but for some unknown reason he did not want to. What power did she hold over him?

It was a long time before he was able to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update