Status: To be updated slowly

Amber Eyed Angel

Vision shared

He was on a street, he did not know where but he was watching one of the mortal vehicles drive past him. He saw a girl in the back. Angel, but she seemed younger.

Suddenly another larger vehicle appeared and hit the one Angel was in, the vehicle flew into the air and tumbled over the surface of the road until finally coming to rest on its roof.

His heart beat in fear, there was no way that she could be alive after that, mortals were too fragile. He ran to the vehicle going to his knees beside it looking into the vehicle, searching for her. He finally saw her, hanging upside down by some kind of strap, she wasn’t moving and fear gripped him. He reached out, but his hand went through her.

It was only then that he realized that this was a dream; he was watching one of her dreams. Somehow she had drawn him into her dream.

He watched as she seemed to regain consciousness, groaning in pain. She seemed disorientated.

“Mom! Dad! Where are you?” She was looking around.

She fiddled with some kind of buckle and suddenly she was released from the harness that was holding her. She fell heavily and he could hear her hiss in pain. She crawled to the front of the vehicle.

He found that he wanted to help her, but he knew that he couldn’t touch her. It frustrated him as he could see that she was in pain, no doubt she had injuries.

“No, no Daddy please!” He moved to the front of the vehicle to look in.

The male human was clearly dead, his neck bent at an impossible angle. The anguish in Angels voice caused his heart to contract as if put in a vice.

“Angel.” It was the other female human. Her voice was faint and he could hear that she was clearly in pain.

“Mom!” Angel moved towards the woman. “We have to get out, Dad is ...” The anguish would not let her continue and he could clearly see the pain of loss in her eyes. Tears were falling freely from her eyes.

Her mother was crying as well. “I know.” The sadness in her voice rang out. He could see that the woman took time to steady herself and then continued to talk to Angel.

“Angel, you have to get out of her. This is not safe. I want you to go out of the back window. Get as far away from the car as you can. Don’t stop and don’t look back.”
Angel was shaking her head. “No, we’ll get you out, I’m not leaving you.” She cried.

His heart ached for her.

Her mother shook her head sadly. “I’m stuck Angel. My legs are trapped and I can’t move and you can’t help me.”

He looked and saw what Angel could not. The legs were not only trapped they were crushed. He did not know how she was even able to speak, the pain must be unbearable.

“I need you to go. Angel please, for me. I need to know that you are safe. Please my love. You are my light, my little miracle child. You have made our lives happy and fulfilled. I never understood what fulfilment was until the day you were born. I loved you from the first time I found out that I was pregnant. Each day with you has been a blessing and a precious gift. Your father and I could not have asked for a better daughter. Please Angel, you need to go and remember no matter what happens that we loved you, will love you even in death.”

The woman’s honesty and obvious love for her daughter staggered him. Her love shone like a blessing around her. He was sad as he knew that she was saying goodbye, he could see that her spirit was barely holding on. The only thing keeping her there was the will to have her daughter survive.

Angel was crying. “I love you too mom. Please don’t leave me, I need you. Please don’t leave me alone.” She was pleading.

Her mother reached out and took Angels hand in hers.

“No matter what, always know that I’ll be with you. I am as much a part of you as you are a part of me. Now please go.”

Angel was too overcome with emotions but he saw her nod her head.

“Please hold on, I’ll go and get someone to help you.”

The woman nodded, but he could see in her eyes that she knew that there was no hope for herself, giving her daughter this little lie so that she would move on.

He watched as Angel struggled her way out of the vehicle. He stayed by the door at the side of the dying mortal woman. She reached out to her husband, taking his cold, dead hand in hers.

“Lord, please take care of my little one, I will not be there for her first love, first kiss or be able to see her on her wedding day, but I thank you for the time given me. Please keep her save and in time bless her with one who will protect and keep her safe and bless her with love.”

Her breath had become ragged and when she finished her prayer she sighed and passed away from the pain.

He was left with a feeling of wonder that even in death this mortal woman had only wanted her daughter to be save and loved.

He moved away then, noticing the flames. He moved to where Angel was limping towards another male mortal. She was in obvious pain. Just as he reached her there was a big explosion.

“Mother!” Never in his life had he heard such anguish as was heard in that one cry.
*****************************************************
He woke to her anguished scream. He immediately did what he could not while trapped in the vision, for vision it had to be as she could not have known about her mother’s final moments.

His arms went around her, trying to comfort her. To have watched the ones she loved the most die such violent and sudden deaths were something that he could only imagine.

He tried to imagined what it would be like to watch his mother and father even Thor dying with him being unable to save them. He shook the thought away. Why would it bother him? They were not his blood; he was not even from the same realm. Deep inside himself he knew that he lied, but he preferred the lie to the truth.

She was struggling against him, still trapped in her nightmarish memory. Her heart was beating a fast pace and her breathing came out in small pained gasps. She was finally awake but still confused and struggling with him.

“Quite, little one, you are safe.” He spoke softly, not wishing to startle her.

He stroked her back soothingly, casting a calming spell on her. She stopped struggling and pressed against him, seeking comfort she looked up at him finally recognizing him. He had expected her to pull away from him, but to his surprise she just lay her head against his chest and sobbed out her heartache.

After a while her tears dried up and she clamed down. Her behaviour was puzzling him as she still lay against him, not moving away, but seeming quite content to lie in his arms. He had thought after events earlier she would still be unsettled with him.

He felt strangely content with her in his arms. In his long life he had, had his fair share of women, but they had mostly been with him for his position. They gave him physical satisfaction without any emotional attachment. He was honest enough with himself to admit that he was physically attracted to this mortal woman, but what was this unwanted sentiment.

He was the dark prince of Asgard, the cold hearted one. He held no attachment to any woman. None had been able to keep his interest for long. Yet still he was content to hold him and the emotion he was feeling though confusing was not painful. He decided to deal with this at a later stage.

“Are you feeling better little one?” He asked gently.

“Yes, thank you.” Her head was still on his chest and her breath ghosted over his naked chest. She did not lift it as she spoke so he reached down and gently tilted her head up so that he could look into her eyes.

“That was not a nightmare, but a memory.” He stated. He knew she would assume that he could read from her mind. He did not think she would understand that it had been more of a vision than memory or dream, he did not yet fully understand how the vision had come and he did not want to confuse her.

She slowly nodded her head. “That was how my parent’s died. We were on our way home when we were hit by a truck. I was able to make it out, but they were not so lucky.

Her voice was quite and almost empty of emotion, but he knew that she was just emotionally exhausted.

“How old were you when it happened?” She had looked very young to him, but it was hard to tell with mortals.

“I was 16.” Came her whispered reply.

She was so young, still but a child. He knew that she would forever carry emotional scarring and the thought saddened him.

She was normally happy and quite innocent and naive, something that fascinated him as she was completely different from most mortals in this era. In his experience most mortals were corrupt and self serving filled with lust, hate and greed. That had been one of the first things that had set her above all other mortals he had come in contact with.

“Go back to sleep.” He could not offer her words of comfort. Even his silver tongue could not change the past.

He sensed her reluctance knowing that she feared dreaming again so he cast a sleep spell and soon she was asleep.

He kept her in his arms contemplating her past. How had she managed to stay so innocent and giving after something like that? How had bitterness not controlled her?

It was a long time before he was able to sleep himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone, I hope youenjoy is update. I'm sorry for ny mistakes, but I'm still hving troubl with the eye infection that I picked up. I'm viewing the world not with rose tinted glasses but through a thick mist. Hopefully I'll have my sight back to normal by the weekend andI'll be able towite again.
Please read, enjoy and let me know what you think if you want.