Status: To be updated slowly

Amber Eyed Angel

Sharing

He sat thinking of everything that had just transpired. In truth he had enjoyed every moment of their kissing. Her lips had been soft and so responsive he would not mind in the least to feel them against his.

He was just thinking of what he could do to her whole body when she walked up to him with a smile on her face. She stopped in front of him the smile still firmly on her face. She seemed completely at ease so he decided to tease her just a little.

He let his eyes wander over her body and then lifted his gaze back to her face. He lifted his eyebrow and gave her a smirk.

“Although the clothing is pleasing, I still think you look better without it.”

His words had the desired effect. Her face flushed in embarassment and her eyes lowered from his, but she still held a slight smile. She ignored his words and after a while lifted her gaze to his again.

“Loki, do you think we could go out to buy some food?” She asked. “I really don't have anything decent on hand.”

He felt like teasing her some more so instead of answering her he moved toward her, grabbing her and moving her to his lap. He heard a startled gasp leave her mouth and he felt her hands instinctively grab onto his arms to steady herself.

The eyes that looked up at him were startled but not fearful and he found that he liked the way she was looking at him and really enjoyed the feel of her weight on his lap. Her closeness was intoxicating.

“I think I may be persuaded to do so.” He replied silkily.

Her eyes widened and he knew that she knew what he wanted. He saw a slight glint of mischief in her eyes as she looked at him and a very teasing smile formed on her lips.

“And what would I have to do to persuade you?” Her voice had a teasing note to it.

He had wondered whether she would play along, but it seemed his little mortal had a little mischief in her. He knew that she knew what he wanted but she was trying to tease him. This would most definitely be entertaining.

“Oh I'm sure that you will be able to think of something.” He lowered his voice more giving her a hint of what he desired and felt a slight shiver run through her.

She smiled at him and leaned forward. Her lips grazed his but were gone in an instant. He saw the laughter in her eyes. The little minx, she dared toy with him.

“Would that suffice?” She asked coyly.

He had not thought that she would be so playfull and he found himself liking this side of her but he would not let her beat him.

He gave her a disapproving look and shook his head. She would have to do a lot better than that.

“That is barely enough to convince me to lift myself from this chair. You will definitely have to do better than that.”
He watched her swallow a giggle, her eyes sparkling.

“Well I wouldn't want to disappoint you.” She said in a totally sinfull voice.

Her lips met his fully, her lips soft and gentle against his. He couldn't help the smile that formed on his lips. He trapped her head with his hand, holding her lips to his.

He slowly took control of the kiss. Revelling in the feel of her lips, the taste of her mouth. She didn't pull away and was kissing back. He felt her hands move from his chest where they had been up to the nape of his neck and into his hair. He loved the feeling of her fingers gently pulling and playing with his hair.

He wanted to do so much more to her, but he knew it was too soon so he forced himself to pull away. Her eyes were closed and as he pulled away her head came to rest on his shoulder, her breath coming in little gasps and her heart pounding.

He himself was more affected by the kiss than he had thought possible. He just held her close to him not willing to move away from her just yet. Finally he moved her from his lap and got up.

“Come little one let'sgo and get some food.”

He watched a momentary confusion flashed over her face and then a rueful little smile replaced the look. He felt pleased that she had seemed to forget the whole reason behind the kiss.

“I'll just get my coat and then we can go.” She replied and moved to her room.

He shook his head, she was such a little minx. She seemed so shy but he knew that below that there was a very pasionate woman and he couldn't wait to bring her out.

He moved to the door waiting for her. She did not take long and was soon back. She walked up to him taking his hand as they walked out the door. She had done so without hesitation and seemed to be comfortable walking so.

He felt happy to have this contact with her her hand seeming to belong in his.

“So where should we go?” He asked.

“Let's go to the corner store, it has a wide selection and it's not too far away. We should be able to get everyting we need there.”

He remembered her saying that this was were she had been that morning. He nodded his head, ignoring the feelings of anger that tried to push itself up on remembering that she had left without his permission.
The had only walked a few steps when she spoke up hesitantly.

“Loki, do you mind telling me more about yourself? Only if you want to that is.”

She seemed nervous as he looked at her. Why would she want to know anything about him? She seemed to get more nervous at his silence.

“You don't have to tell me anything personal, just maybe about where you are from, what it's like and what you liked to do there.”

She seeed to be genuinely interested in him, but he still couldn't think why she would want to know anything about him or where he came from. His silence must have unnerved her and he sensed her unease.

“Why would you like to know this?” He aksed still not sure why she would profess a need to know more of him.

“I know very little about you nd I want to know more. There were things about you in the news and I know a little about norse mythology, but somhow I don't think that information is all that accurate.”

He had to smile that that, he had read some of the myths and the were rather interesting if not at all correct.

“What, do you not believe that I am the mother of an eight legged horse?” He teased to ease her tension some.

“I think you would be capable of something like that if you wanted, probably so that you could spitte someone. Although I do think you would have been able to outsmart a horse.”

Her answer pleased him and he could not stop a smile from coming to his face That bit of drivel had been one of Thor's jests.

“Thor will be highly upset that you did not believe that. He had enjoyed that particular tall tail of his very much and it brings him great pleasure to bring it up from time to time. Mortals can be so gullible at times.”

She laughed at his reply. He didn't know why but he wanted to tell her more. For some unknown reason (having nothing to do with sentiment) he wanted her to know about his life.

“I grew up in Asgard, the eternal realm and it is the most beautiful of the nine realms. There is none of the polution that you find here.”

He was surprised at the strong yearning he felt for his former home, for was that not what Asgard was? He did not belong there anymore. His own actions had caused a very large scism between himself and the only place he knew as home. It was a hard truth to swallow, but still the truth. His current situation had been all his own fault.

“The palace of Odin stands like a beacon and can be seen from a long way off. There are many gardens within the palace grounds.” He smiled as he thought of his favorite garden. “Mother has her own garden where the rare Asgardian roses grow. I spent many hours there with her as a child. It is still one of my favorite places in the palace.”

He looked at her and she smiled up at him.

”It sounds wonderful. What did you do with your time? Did you have to go to school like we do?”

“As part of the royal family we had to learn the duties of our positions. We did not have schooling like you do, but we had tutors to teach us. We were tutored in state craft, diplomacy as well as tactics and warfare. I enjoyed studying while Thor tended to enyou the physical training more.”

“From what I've seen of Thor he does not seem like one who would spend much time reading. He looks like a complete jock.”

He laughed, he knew what the term jock meant and that did indeed describe his brother.

“You are correct, he did not see the relevance of all the book learning, feeling that a good fight would resolve most issues.”

That had been why he had disrupted his brothers corronation in the first place. He only wanted to expose his brothers failing in statecraft to his father so that he would hold off on the corronation for some time yet.

He had accepted that his brother would be King, but he felt that the time was not right to do so yet. He had been jealous of course but he had not really meant for everything to spiral so out of control. What was done could not be undone though.

Her snort brought his thoughts up short and he looked down at her

”He sounds like one of the guys I went to college with. He seemed to think that his physical attributes and skills were all he needed to conquer all the girls.”

He did not have to read her thoughts to see that there was more to this than she was telling. Her posture had stiffened and he could read others well enough to see that the memories were not pleasant.

“Something tells me there is more to the story than you are telling.” He did not push, but he wanted her to tell him more.

Her gaze met his briefly and she flushed scarlet again.

“Yes, he was an idiot who could not take no for an answer and got angry when denied.” He saw a shiver run throught her at the memeory and for sume reason he felt anger towards this unknown man.

“He felt that I should be thankful that he was giving me attention and did not like my refusal of his generous offer of his sexual advances. Luckily I had some good friends who set him right.”

He frowned in displeasere. He would find out who this worm was and make him sorry that he had ever thought to taint his Angel with his disgusting lust. He was just about to enter her mind to get more details when she spoke up again.

“Do you have libraries in your realm.” She asked. He knew that she was trying to divert hem and he let her, but he would not forget this. He would only put it aside for now.

“There is a extensive library in the palace, but I prefer my own. Over the years I have accumulted quite a few books, some othem quite rare.”

“How old are you?” The startled look on her face told him that the question had not been planned and her embarassment was amusing.

“Now why would you ask that?” He asked teasingly. “Do I look so old and discrepit?”

He watched the blush on her face as she looked at him in embarassment, but she did answer his question.

“Well it is something that has been of interest to me. You are mentioned in the norse mythologies and those are quite old. Do you time travel or are you really just very old? Not that you look old or anything.” The latter was added quickly and accompanied by another delightful blush.

“We do not time travel so unfortunately the anwer to that is that I am over a thousand years old.” He watched her waiting for her reply.

“Well you certainly don't look you age.” She said her face going slightly more red.

He could not stop the laugh that fell from his lips. She was so earnest in her reply and laughing like this felt good.

“Although a thousand years have passed here since my first visit my age in your terms would be closer to 23. Does that sound better?”

She laughed at that.

“I can definitely say that 23 sounds better that a thousand.”

They walked in silence for a while.

“You enjoy reading, what types of books do you read?” She finally asked.

Her question was surprising. “Mostly bookson stratagy, politics and of course magic.”

“Have you ever read The Art of War by Sun Tzu?”

“I have heard of it, but I must confess that I had not read it yet.” He did want to read it, but had no realy gone to the trouble of aquiring it yet.

They had arrived at the store and she took a strange wheeled vehicle and moved into the store. She moved to the left of the store and paused to think for a while.

He took a good look at everything. Although most of the things here were unknown to him he did see thing that were familiar. He could see a wide variety of foodstuffs and other necessities. It was as if a whole market had been fitted in one store. It was interesting.

“I guess this is a lot diffent from what you're used to.” She said.

“Yes, it is interestig to say the least. During my previous stay I had not had much time to take in the sights and learn about your ways, although I did manage to glean much from the minds of those I took over.”

“Someow I don't think grocery buying was one of the priority issues when trying to take over the world.”
Her word made him laugh.

“No it was not. I am surprised at the variety that is displayed here.”

She shrugged. “This is only a small store, the bigger stores have a bigger variety.”

They moved through the store and she stopped from time to time to place something in the trolley

“Do you aways shop here?” he asked.

“Mostly, I only go to the bigger stores if I need something that I can't find here or if I'm in the mood to make an outing of shopping. I like this place, it's run by an old lady and her husband. I've been shopping here or so long that they know me by now.”

Her answer made him think. She seemed to build relationships so easily, prefering to know the people around her. That had not been what he had learned from the ones that he had taken over. His impression had been that people mostly only thought of themselves and did not bother to get to know their neigbours.

“I see that that is something that you value.” She gave him a puzzled look.

“What do you mean?”

“You eat at a restaurant that is owned by a family who know you. Here you shop at a place once again owned by a family and yet again you are well knownt to them. You seem to build relationships even for something as mundane as shopping.”

She turned thoughtful, she seemed to be considering his words ernestly. Normally when he made such remarks they were ignored.

“I never thought about it like that, but I think you are right. I like to get along with people and allthough Imostly keep to myself, once I'm comfortable with someone Itend to build on that.” Her tone was thoughtful. “I do prefer te smaller family owned businesses, they make me feel more comortable and seem to have more soul than the bigger places.”

“Perhaps in a way you are looking or the family you have lost.” He raised his opinion, it was clear to him that she was trying to fill a void in her life.

He was slightly startled when she stopped walking and just stood there deep in thought. Perhaps he should not have said anything as she seemed to be upset.

“i did not mean to upset you.” He told her. She looked at him for amoment as if she did not really see him before recognition once again registed in her eyes. She shook her head.

“You didn't upset me. I just realized that you were right. I've been trying to fill the hole that the loss of my parents left. These people do that but still they cannot completely make up for their loss.”

“It is true that one cannot replace the love of your parents.”

Had he not strived for love and acceptance from Odin? He knew that he still wanted that even though the man was not his true father. He had been robbed of any chance to earn that love first by Laufey and then by Odin. What would it be like to have had the love that she must have had from her father?

“If I'm not mistaken it is usual for mortal women to try and find that love in men.” He remembered reading this in one of the mortal books on pshychology.

“That is true for most women, but I think I'm being too fussy about what I want in a man. I have yet to find one that can meet the standards that my father had.”

Her answer made sense but it made him curious as to what she would want in a man. What does she expect of her dream man?

“And what would be your idea of the perfect man?” He asked.

She laughed and he could see that she felt embarassed.

“This has got to be the strangest conversation ever. Who would have thought that I would be discussing groceries and what my idea of the perfect man is with the god of Mischief.”

She was trying to skirt the question, trying not to answer his question. Did she really think she would throw him of so easily, he was a master in that field. He was also a master at getting the answers he wanted. He smiled down at her.

“Trying to sidestep the qustion I see, you will have to do better than that my dear.”

A guilty blush spread across her cheeks. She knew she was caught but he also saw that she was not prepared to tell him either. She clearly did not know him very well.

“You had better tell me or I will make such a scene that you will never be able to show your face hee again.”
He threatened.

His mind was already going through a few posibilities that would be highly embarassing. The current aisle they were in was filled with what he knew to be feminine products there were so many things that he could do that would be most embarassing.

She gave him a horrified look. “You wouldn't! Besides what could you possibly do that would embarrass me so?”

It felt good to be able to bring out the mischievous part of himself. He had not been able to display it in a long time, in fact he had not had the will to do any mischief in a while. He could not stop the smile from forming.

“Is that a challenge little one? Be warned I have never failed in any challnge yet and I do not inted to do so now. I think our current location is ripe with oportunities for your embarassment and as the god of Mischief I know just how to utilise it.”

He saw the puzzled look on her face at his words and when she looked around a look of horror crossed her face. She looked back at him searching his eyes and he gave her a smirk. She sighed in defeat.

“You don't play fair.” She groaned.

He had to laught at her reply. It was half defeat and half annoyance, but still playful.

“I never said that I did.”

“Well I guess he would have to be caring and love me for myself and not for my money or my looks. He would have to be responsible ad trustworthy. A great sense of humor would be a must. I just want someone who can love me completely and who I can love in return, someone to share my ups and downs with and who can tel lme that everything will be all right when I need it.”

Her list was detailed but she had not mentioned anything about what her ideal man looked like.

“You have not mentioned what your ideal man should look like.”

She thought again.

“It would be hipocritical of me to go for looks, but I'm honest enough to say that looks are important. I don't mind light haired guys but I like dark hair more. As for eyes I prefer blue or green. I don't like men who are all muscle but still he should take care of himself and have some definition. None of this is set in stone though, if I really find someone who I love it wouldn't matter what he looked like. The most important thing should be that he treat me with respect and be someone that I can respect in turn.”

She had been honest and he could not deny that her answer pleased him. Her last words gave him much to think about. She expected much but he could understand that she would only want the best. He was selfish though and would not let anyone else have her. She was his and he would be the only one in her life.

“Well we've got everything we need and it's getting late so let's pay for this and go home. I don't like walking home in the dark.” She finally said.

She was afraid of the dangers of walking in the dark. She was with him and would never have anything to fear. He found himself slightly amused, but he had sensed the unease hidden in her words and knew that she was hiding real fear. He wanted her to feel safe and protected.
He reached out to stop her, making her look at him. He wanted her to look him in the eye so that she would know that he meant what he said.

“Know this Angel, I will not let any harm befall you and there is none in this realm who could oppose me.I promise I wil always keep you safe, you need not fear anything while I am with you.”

He looked into her eyes for a moment more and then found himself leaning down to brush her lips with his. Trying to reasure her throught the light kiss. The smile that appeared on her face was beautiful and he knew that she had accepted the comfort he was giving.

“Thank you.” She replied.

The smile was still on her faceas she turned and walked over to the counter where an elderly woman stood. He presumed that she was the shopkeepers wife. The woman looked up and smiled at Angel.

“Oh deary I'm s glad to see you again. You left in such a rush thismorning that you forgot your purse. I thought that I would have to dropit by your house after we closed.”

He felt a slight stab at guilt on hearing the words. He remembered her trying to explain that she had not dallied on her outing and only gathered what was necessary for his breakfast. The fact that she had forgotten her purse in her haste attested to the fact.

Angel looked slightly surprised and abashed.

“I dindn't even notice that I had left it. My head had not been here at all. Thank you for keeping it for me.”

“It was no trouble at all, I'm guessing that your friend there was the reason for our preocupation.” The woman had a mischievous gleam to her eyes, but she did not seem to be judging them.

Angel blushed again and he had to smile as he caught a hintof her thoughts. She had been thinking of him. That once again made him feel a stab of guilt at his treatment of her, but he did not feel too guilty it had led to their little encounter in the bath and her subsequent relaxed behaviour.

“Yes he was, I wanted to surprise him with breakfast. This is my boyfried Rafe, Rafe this is Mrs. Maggie Anders.”

“I'm so glad to meet you.” Mrs Anders said.

“The pleasure is mine.” He replied. She was curious about him that was very obvious.

“You must be very special to have caught our little Angel. I have disparedof er ever meeting someone. She can be so stubborn.”

He had to smile at her description of Angel.. He had noticed her stoborn streak himself.”

“I have noticed that but I knewthat I wanted her the momentI saw her and I do not easily give up. I simply refused to let her slip from my grasp.”

If only she knew his true intentions he doubted that she would be so welcoming. Their little angel in the clutches of a monster, no they would be appalled if they knew who he really was. He smiled his best at her thought, he had ever been able to bend others to his will.

“Ah, a man who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go after it. Well if her distraction is anything to go by then you are definitely doing something right.”

He felt pleased that someone realized that even if it was just a mortal. He also liked the effect that he had on his Angel and was glad that others could see it too.

Yes indeed he knew exactly what he wanted and he would get it. She was already more accepting of him an soon she would give in to him. Althought he knew that he wanted her he was starting to feel that his true reasons for wanting her were changing. To what he had yet to find out.

The woman had totalled everything up and Angel started to take out some money, but he stopped her. He was the one who would take care of her.

“No darling, let me.” He said and quickly manufactured some midgardian currency and proceeded to pay. Angel gave him a puzzled look and he knew that she was wondering where he got the money from.

He helped her to cary the bags as they walked through the gathering darkness. He cast a quick spell to seek out anyone with bad intentions, but there was no one about. He had promised to keep her safe and he would do so.
It felt good to be needed to have someone to look after and keep safe. He tried to push away these sentiments, but they kept coming back and he found that he did not want to push them away. He wanted to take care of her and be there for her.

What harm could it do to dream for just a small time? For now he would pretend that this was his reality and that he was needed and not a monster.

Just for a little while he would give in to this illusion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Apologies for the long wait. Hope you enjoy this