Status: To be updated slowly

Amber Eyed Angel

Chapter 2

Loki stood under the gaze of his once father. He had always had trouble reading the All-father and yet again he could not sense what was going on in his head.

Odin sighed.

“Loki, you have disgraced your home and family. Due to your deplorable actions you have caused great pain to others. The mortals who were slain in your failed attempt at world domination is of great pain to us all. They had loved ones who are now suffering due to your actions. They may be mortals, but they feel just as we do. It saddens me greatly that you would forget that.”

Loki just glared at Odin. What did the death of a few mortals mean to him? Their lives meant nothing to him.

Odin could see that the rage in his son would not allow his words to be heard. There was such anger and hate in his soul that he could not see others or their feelings or needs. It saddened him because although Loki thought that he did not love him, it was not true.

Odin had loved the child since the first day that he had seen him. He had wanted to teach this child to be a good ruler so that one day he could return to his true home and rebuild what once was, before the Great War.

He had felt sure that with Loki as king of Jötunheimr the rift between their realms could be healed and true peace could be had. He knew that Loki could be a great leader if only he could see past his own anger.

Perhaps it had been a mistake to withhold the truth from him, but there was no turning back and all that could be done was to move forward.

“Loki, you are to be locked away in the dungeon until I have considered your final punishment. You are to have no contact with anyone other than the mute who will give you only bread and water. The bracelets of restraint will be on you at all times so that you cannot use your powers to escape.”

Loki remained impassive showing no sign that he cared what happened to him. The only time his gaze softened was when he glanced at his mother. He could see that she was greatly saddened by all that had transpired and yet she gazed at him with such caring love. It burned into him. She had been the only one who truly showed him love and acceptance and even though she had a part in the secret about his heritage, she had never treated him any other than her true son.

She was the only one that he regretted hurting, but he hardened his heart. A ruler had no place for sentiment.

He was led away to the dungeon. As Thor placed him in his new abode he removed the muzzle. It felt good to be able to relax his facial muscles. He moved his jaw around to relax the muscles that had grown stiff.

Thor still stood in the doorway watching him.

‘Thor please stop hanging in the doorway with your droopy sad eyes. Please act like a god and not a feeble minded mortal.” He finally snapped.

Thor just shook his head.

“Brother I bid thee farewell, this will be the last contact we have as father has ordered it.”

“We both know that even if Odin had not proclaimed so you would not have come to see me, I am an embarrassment. The frost giant that should have been killed. A monster.” He said the last with bitterness.

He had grown up with the stories of the evil frost giants, hating them as all Asgardians do. Now he was on of them, the hated and feared monster. He shook the thoughts away. They will see what a monster really was, he would wreak his vengeance on them all and then they would all regret not treating him as an equal.

Thor left him and the prison door closed behind him. Loki moved to the hard stone bed and lay down. It was time to begin with his plan. It would not be easy, but he was in no hurry.

He closed his eyes and focused on the thin thread that connected him to the young woman’s mind. She was still in the park looking around her. He could feel how unsettled she was after their contact and it made him smirk.

He watched through her mind as she walked to her home. He was pleased that he had managed to disturb her so and even gently prodded her musings by projecting the image of his eyes into her mind so that she would keep thinking of him.

He would take his time and get to know all her weaknesses and make the mind bond even stronger so that she would be defenseless against him.

It was only when she closed her eyes in sleep that he started to transfer that part of him that held his power into the hidden recesses of her mind. There were side effects of the spell for her, she would be dreaming of him until he was able to remove that part of him again. He could sense her restless sleep as he drifted off to sleep the smile fixed on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi here is chapter 2. I've managed to write this up to where Silver tongued devil is. I had great fun delving into his devious and twisted mind. I can't wait. It's really fun writing his parts, there are so many surprises in store for you. HA so evil am I, bet you want to know more now.
Enjoy and tell me what you think.