Status: To be updated slowly

Amber Eyed Angel

Chapter 21 - Pleasant distractions

“What do you normally do after you have dinner?” He asked her.

He had been watching her as she busied herself by cleaning the utensils they had used. She was neat and liked things to be in order and tidy. He liked that about her.

She looked a little surprised at his question, but answered.

“I would spend some time on the internet, read or watch some television. It would depend on what I felt like.” She ended with a shrug of her shoulder.

“What do you do in the evenings before going to bed?” She asked.

He knew that she had not intended anything with her question, but it was too much of a temptation to resist.

“Are you expressing an interest in my bedtime activities?” He asked her, smirking at the blush that spread on her cheeks.

She ignored him and walked by him to return to the sitting area and switching on the television. The blush had not quite left her cheeks. She was such an innocent and he was easily able to make her blush. It was such a change from the jaded women of Asgard.

He took a seat next to her and watched her change the scene on the television. The only thing on it seemed to be about his failed attack on this city. She sighed and finally just left the screen to display one of the mortal news channels.

He had to admit that the technology intrigued him, although the subject matter left much to be desired. He was please to find that not all the mortals were enamoured with the mighty earth warriors. He was amazed at the speed with which these mortals were able to recover from the damage done by the Chitauri army. They had certainly come far in the centuries since last he was here.

He tensed as the television displayed images of Thor. He clenched his jaw in irritation. Even here he was treated as the mighty warrior, loved and revered. Would he ever be able to be more than just his shadow?

His good mood dissolved. No matter what he did he would never be able to compare to Thor. He was the dark against which Thor’s light shone. He had never stood a chance.

He saw Angel tense beside him. He knew that she was feeling his tension and that it was making her uneasy, but he could not bury his anger and frustration.

The man out of time was currently being shown.

“Captain, is it true that Odin All-father and his wife Frigga will be coming to earth to hold talks reading the punishment of their son Loki who had been the mastermind of this invasion?”

He tensed even more. They would be here? He had not thought that Odin would ever set foot on Midgard. What would his punishment have to these mortals? Surely Odin would not have him sentenced to this piece of despicable realm?

The Captain answered cautiously. “They will be coming here as part of peaceful talks between Asgard and Earth. Whether the punishment of their son will be discussed I cannot comment on.”

The other mortal continued.

“There are some that say that Loki will not be punished but only given a slap on the wrist for his crimes. There is a group of people that feel that he should have been left to human justice. What are your feelings regarding this?”

Foolish mortals, if only they knew. There was no such thing as mercy on Asgard. Even the slightest misdeeds were dealt with severely. He could still remember the threads that bound his mouth. He snorted his disgust at the idiocy of the mortals.

“If only they knew that Asgardian Justice knows no mercy, pathetic mortal.”

Even the son of Odin would not be spared any pain, even if he were to beg and try to explain that he had had no choice. He would not be heard, was he not the Lie smith? The pain of that still cut deep.

The screen blinked off, but he didn’t say anything. He did not move. What could Odin be thinking? Peace with Midgard? What use is that? These mortals were as ants against the might of Asgard. This could only be some machination of the All-father to further his own plans.
Angel moved from his side, getting up and moving in front of him.

“I need to go to the bathroom, do you mind if I go?” She asked softly.

He knew that she was lying, that it was only a way to escape from him while this bad humour hung over him. He waved his permission, wanting her away from him.

She moved away and he fell back into thought. His thoughts returned to his father’s disappointed face. All he had ever wanted was his approval and acceptance and all that it had gotten him was pain. He would not do so again. He would show them all he was worthy, but not for their approval only so that he could revenge himself on all those who had looked down on him.

It had been a while since Angel left and he was beginning to wonder why it was taking so long. He heard a slight noise behind him. Ah, she was trying to sneak up on him. Foolish girl, there were very few that could do so.

He spoke without turning.

“What exactly are you up to Angelique? It is not wise to try and sneak up on me, there are very few that can do so.” He was not in the mood for games and her behaviour now did not amuse him.
She sighed heavily.

“I was trying to surprise you, I should have known better.” She said as she moved to face him.
She seemed to be nervous and it did not seem to stem from his current mood alone. She had been up to something.

“You seem nervous, what are you up to?”

He watched her and saw that the uneasiness was increasing. He dipped into her mind, but her thoughts were filled with some nonsense song. She was trying very hard to not think of whatever she was doing. He could push past that, admittedly causing her some pain.

She held her hand out to him and he saw that she was shaking slightly.

“If you come with me I’ll show you.”

He studied her carefully. She was hiding something from him. He doubted that she could do much damage against him with whatever plan she had so he decided to play along for now.
He got up, taking her hand. She sighed slightly, but the tension in her body did not dissipate. She turned and started to lead him towards her bedroom. She did not stop though, but moved on to her bathroom. He felt puzzled, especially as her tension increased.

She entered first and turned to him once there. He took in the candles, wine and bath filled with scented bubbly water. This was not what he had expected and it caught him off guard for just a few seconds.

He turned to her raising his eyebrow.

“Are you trying to seduce me little one.” He asked. He smirked down at her as he watched her whole face become red with embarrassment.

She shook her head in denial.

“You seemed tense and I’m trying to relax you. I thought that a relaxing bath and backrub would help you relax.”

The nervousness was clearly audible in the way her voice shook. She had once again managed to surprise him, but he was always one to make mischief and could not resist the urge now.

His smirk grew. This would be fun. He wondered how far he would be able to push her. He understood her nervousness now, but he wasn’t the god of Mischief for nothing and he would not let such a prime opportunity go.

“I have never been one to turn down such a pleasant offer, but you will have to undress me then.”

The look of shock that registered on her face was priceless. She looked like she was about to bolt, but he saw her tense and then move towards him slowly. He wouldn’t deny that he was enjoying her discomfort.

Her hands shook as she reached up to undo the buttons on his shirt. He was watching her, but she refused to look him in the eye. She removed his shirt completely and turned away from him. She was taking her time to fold it and he almost laughed, knowing that she was stalling. He decided to remove his shoes himself.

She turned back to him. If anything she was shaking even more, but she had a stubborn look on her face. She popped the button on his pants and lowered the zipper. He heard her gasp and blush.

She closed her eyes as she noticed that he had not worn anything underneath. She let his pants drop and looked up at him.

“Will you get into the bath now?” Her voice was higher than usual due to her embarrassment.

He chuckled; he enjoyed toying with her and making her blush. Truthfully he had not thought that she would go this far, but he wasn’t complaining. He entered the tub and although it was not as spacious as the one in his own rooms on Asgard, but he could not deny that it felt good to feel the warmth of the water sooth him.

She handed him a glass of wine. She was already taking a sip of hers, gathering some liquid courage no doubt. He felt her hands slicked with oil on his shoulders. He could feel the tension slowly ebb from him as she expertly kneaded his muscles. He sighed in pleasure. It had been some time since he had been touched by gentle hands. He felt her work loose a particularly stubborn knot and groaned in pleasure as it released under her ministrations.

“You are most skilled at this.” He complemented her as he leaned into her touch.

“Thank you.” He could hear that she was pleased with herself. “Will you lie back so that I can wash your hair for you.”

He complied with her request. The last person to do this for him had been his mother when he was but a small boy. Her fingers moved over his scalp, not just washing but gently massaging his scalp.

He had not felt this relaxed in along time. He enjoyed the feeling of her fingers in his hair it was comforting.

He felt her tilt his head back further and then a cascade of warm water rinsed his hair. This was very relaxing but he had yet to see how far he could push her. He watched as she turned to replace the pitcher and smiled wickedly. He could get a little more enjoyment out of this if he was lucky. He rose out of the water and watched her avert her eyes as she saw his naked form.

“Come here Angel.” He said. It was not exactly a request, more an order.

She looked at him hesitantly but moved towards him. As she reached him he reached up to her blouse and started to unbutton it. She blushed even more and reached up, holding his hands with hers. He stilled his hands raising his eyebrow in enquiry.

“What are you doing?” She asked. Her uncertainty was evident in her eyes and her voice which trembled slightly.

He gave her an intense stare, but did not move his hands. This had started as a game, but he very much wanted her to join him. He remembered how she had felt in his arms and wanted to feel her against him again. He wanted her to become comfortable with being with him, to trust him.

“It is my wish for you to join me and receive the same treatment in kind. I would have you grant me this.” He kept his voice soft he wanted her to come willingly. He watched her intently. He was sure that this was too much for her and that she would move away from him as he watched her struggle with her thoughts, finally she let her hands fall from his. He could not keep the pleased smile from his lips.

He refused to think why it had been so important to him to have her permission. It could not be sentiment; she was his to do with as he pleased. Why would it matter if she was not willing? He pushed all these thoughts away and focussed on undressing her.

She kept her gaze on his face as he completed undressing her. He reached for her and helped her to enter the bath. He moved her so that she was settled in front of him and between his legs. They hadn’t spoken a word yet. He reached out and moved her hair over her shoulder so that he could massage her neck.

Her whole body tensed as his hands brushed against her. She was very tense but that would not last long he would make sure of that.

He moved his hands over her neck and shoulders easing the tension from them and soon she was relaxing. Every now and then she mad soft sounds of pleasure, just little sighs of enjoyment. He smirked down at her. He enjoyed those little sounds and the way she was leaning into his hands.

He wanted to do so much more, but he could be patient. She was still not ready for that yet. He gently urged her to lean back. He gently moved his fingers over her scalp and chuckled when she let out a little moan of pleasure.

He rinsed her hair moving his fingers gently through it. When he finished he pulled her back against him and handed her a glass of wine. She didn’t move away from him and he smiled at the thought that she was feeling more comfortable with him. He left his one arm slung lightly around her holding her but not too tightly.

He was enjoying this. He could not remember any other time that he had felt this relaxed. His other trysts had all been for physical needs indeed he usually just dismissed them after achieving his goals. This was something else.

“I think this is a bed time activity that I could get used to.” He mumbled against her ear, letting his breath ghost against her skin. He smiled at the shiver that ran through her.

She let out a very girlish giggle.

“I think that I just may agree with you on this.”

It seemed that his little Angel was enjoying this as much as he was.

“What happened to the shy little human that was in this same tub only a few hours ago?” He teased.
He moved his hand slowly up and down her arm. Her skin was soft beneath his fingers. Her body reacted by giving a shiver.

“I fear that I’ve been spending way too much time wit a certain god of Mischief.” The teasing note in her voice and her impish reply made him smile.

She had turned her head to watch him.

He lowered his voice. “Am I corrupting you?”

She was looking into his eyes as she replied. “Maybe; just a little.”

He moved his both his hands down her arms and stroking them down to her sides giving her a smirk as he did so.

“If I am only corrupting you a little then I will have to work harder. I have a reputation to uphold after all.”

Her reply had stirred some very interesting ideas in his head, but for him to follow through with it he had to remove them from their current position. He cast the teleportation and drying spells in quick succession, moving them to her bed. He moved her around in his arms so that she was facing him, lying flush against him.

She had gasped in shock her eyes going wide and he could not help the feeling of triumph in surprising her so. He rolled over leaning over her, still trapped by one of his arms.

He could see her flush with embarrassment and felt her heart escalate in rate. She felt ridiculously good against him, her skin soft. He wanted to run his hands and tongue all over her body. He wanted to taste her on his lips. It had been quite some time since his last dalliance with a woman and she was so very tempting in her innocence.

Her eyes had gone even wider if that was possible. Shock registered on her face and then he could see the edges of fear take hold of her. Her heart was beating hard and her breaths came faster.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone, I'm sorry for the long wait. I hope this will make up for it.