Status: To be updated slowly

Amber Eyed Angel

Chapter 3

It had taken him 3 nights to transfer all his powers to her mind. He had held back just enough to complete the final step. He had been using the time to study the young woman as well. He had found her mind quite interesting. She was intelligent and level headed for a mortal.

Her name as Angelique Baulaine or Angel as she preferred to be called and she was 24 years old. She lived alone as her parents had died in an accident leaving her with a fortune to her name. She had studied and was currently a writer. This suited his purpose as she mostly worked alone and at home, so she was already isolated.

There were some doors in her mind that he had yet to break through as she had built internal walls around them. He did not want to push against them too much as he did not want to disturb her too much at this time, he would have more than enough time to break down her walls when he was there.

The woman held a fascination for him he could not understand. He was looking forward to breaking her and making her completely his. It was one of his favorite past times.

He heard a noise outside his cell door, it did not sound like his fool of a ‘brother’. Thor had been visiting him every night, never saying a word only sitting in front of the door for an hour and then leaving. He could not understand him at all, why would he do that? He had most likely lost his senses.

“Loki. “ He heard a female voice call out softly.

“Mother?” He replied just as softly.

“My son, I am so sorry.” He could hear the sadness in her voice. “I am trying to reason with your father, but he is stubborn.”

“It is not your fault mother, he was ever comparing me less favorably to Thor, he would leave me here to rot and never spare me a second thought.”

“Loki, that is not so. He aches for what he has been forced to do, that is why he has yet to decide how best to punish you. He has confided in me that he made a mistake in keeping your real identity from you. He is a proud man; please do not judge him so.”

“I find that hard to believe.” He said; could it be that his father did care for him.

“You are more alike in temperament than you may think my son. As a young man he was full of mischief, but his responsibilities weigh heavy on him. You are just as stubborn and proud as he. Be patient my son and think back on your life. If you let go of your anger and look back, you will see that you saw disappointment where there was none. He was proud to know that you had mastered the mysteries of magic as you had.”

“I do not see that mother.” He said softly.

“Please my son, try and push past the anger. I miss you and your mischief, my house feels empty and sadness hangs over it. I would have my family back.” He could hear that she was crying.

“Do not cry so mother, I make no promises, but I will try.” He said sincerely. This woman had given him a home and it pained him to have her in pain.

“That is all that I ask. I must leave now. I love you my mischievous one, never forget that.”

Her words warmed his heart. “I love you too mother.”

He lay there long after she had left thinking on her words. He finally sighed.

The time had come for him to leave; he would think more on this later. Her words had not changed his plans, only given him something to think on. He pushed the thoughts out of his mind and started to concentrate.

The bracelets caused a sharp pain, but that soon disappeared. There was a wavering in the air and then there were two of him. The only difference was that only one of them had the bracelets on.

Loki laughed out loud it had worked. His doppelganger would be here, like him in all aspects except for his magic powers.

Now to go to his little mortal. Soon she would bend to his will. The thought excited him. He faded away into smoke and was gone.

He materialized in her room. She was sleeping fitfully. He walked to her bedside watching her. He leaned down and whispered in her ear.

“Hello little one, we will have such fun.” He traced the edge of her jaw with his finger. She frowned in her sleep and turned over.

He did not want to reveal himself yet, there was still too much he needed to find out so he deepened her sleep so there would be no chance of her waking. Undressing he got into bed next to her, planning what was to follow. Finally after an hour he slipped into a deep sleep content and at ease, knowing that he once again was in control of his own destiny.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi - this is the second update for today, so make sure you read them both. Hope you enjoy.