Status: To be updated slowly

Amber Eyed Angel

The reveal

A few days had passed and he had watched her getting more and more frustrated as he fueled her mind with images of himself.

He was quite enjoying himself. He could feel her frustration, but underneath it all he sensed something more, but he had yet to discern what it was but he was going to find out.

She suddenly snapped and threw her book across the room. He had sensed that she had a temper, but she normally suppressed that side of her.

“Temper, temper dear.” He whispered making his voice carry throughout the room so that she would not be able to decide where it came from.

He saw her freeze in place, her whole body growing taught with tension.

He smirked; this was going to be entertaining.

“Seriously, get a grip on yourself. You are going to make yourself crazy if you go on like this.” She said out loud.

“It is said that speaking to oneself is the first sign of madness.” He said he could not keep the amusement out of his voice. He had made his voice a little stronger this time.

He could hear her hear racing in fright and it was intoxicating. Her eyes searched the room, they had gone dark amber and the fear created golden sparks in them. They were quite stunning, the most interesting eyes that he had seen on a mortal.

She started taking to herself again, and he could hear the fear and uncertainty in her voice.

"Calm down and just breath, there has to be a logical explanation for this." She said.

"Is it your wont to speak so to yourself?" He asked her, barely holding back his laughter.

That did it, she jumped up and out of the chair, and if possible her heart beat even faster. She was searching for a weapon to defend herself. He was highly amused by the umbrella she chose.

He had been smashed around by the Hulk and this little mortal wanted to defend herself with an umbrella. It was time to reveal himself.

He chose to sit in the chair she had just vacated, chuckling at her standing ready with her umbrella.

On hearing him she swung around. Her eyes were wide with fright and the umbrella was being held like a sword in front of her body. He saw her pupils dilate with shock as she realized who he was.

“...Loki....” she whispered his name. She said it with such fear and shock; it amused and pleased him greatly that she not only knew who he was, but feared him.

"An umbrella? What use is that dear?" He made just the faintest of movements with his wrist and the umbrella disappeared.

She stood there looking at her empty hands and the shock on her face was so entertaining that he actually laughed out loud. This was not something that happened often.

He saw that rare flare of temper that she tried so hard to suppress most of the time.

"What do you think you are doing? Get out of my house!" She actually raised her voice to him.

It amused him to no end. Her anger was like that of a mosquito, it was no threat to him. He rose slowly from the chair and drew himself up to his full height.

"I don't think so my little Angel. I have but just arrived and now I grace you with my presence. We will have such a good time together." He mocked her as he slowly started walking towards her.

She reached behind her and picked up a little statuette, throwing it at his head. He moved out of its way and it smashed against the wall behind him. He could see that she was getting desperate and then she looked up and into his eyes.

He immediately locked her gaze to his, smiling as she realized her mistake too late. He held her in his gaze, immobilizing her. Her heart was beating so fast it was actually humming...

He slowly walked right up to her only stopping when he was almost touching her.

"You have a fiery spirit; I will enjoy breaking it to my will.”

He reached up to her and touched her face, finally letting her slip into unconsciousness before her heart could explode under the strain that it was experiencing.

He caught her as she fell, and carried her to her bed. He laid her down and covered her.

Yes, this was going to be very entertaining, her fear was like a drug to him and he couldn't wait to sample it again. He already knew what was to happen next. He moved to the room where he had made herself known to her.

With a wave of his hand he returned everything as it was and sat in her chair smiling contentedly to himself.

He let his mind wander back to where his double was confined in the cell. It was eating the little bread and drinking the water. He moved past him and through the door.

Outside Thor was sitting with his back against the door. Loki studied him; he did not seem his cheerful self his head was thrown back and leaning against the wood of the door. There was sadness in his eyes. He did not seem like himself.

With a sigh Thor stood up and walked down the hall and out. On a whim Loki decided to follow him. They went deeper into the palace and out to a garden.

His mother was sitting on the edge of a fountain; absently trailing her fingers through the water. She glanced up as Thor walked towards her and gave him a sad smile.

“Good morning Mother.” Thor greeted.

“Good morning Thor, what brings you here?”

“I have been to Loki” His mother looked alarmed. “I did not enter or speak to him mother, so father’s orders were not breached, but it pains me to see him so alone.”

Frigga sighed. “It pains us all, I have tried to speak to Odin, but he is a proud and stubborn man. His thoughts weigh heavy on him.”

“I miss the old times when my brother and I would run through these halls and raise terror.” He said with a wistful smile. “I would have him back by my side as of old.”

“As would I, I have hope that all will return as it once was.” Frigga said; taking Thor’s hand in hers. “There is yet time for him to change.”

“I would hope so Mother, for this is a dreary place without his trickery and mischief.”

Disturbed by the gloom that hung over both of them; he stepped away and opened his eyes in Angels' sitting room: a frown between his eyes.

Could he have been wrong?
♠ ♠ ♠
Good day everyone. Here is another update for you. Read, enjoy, discuss and share.