Status: To be updated slowly

Amber Eyed Angel

Cat and mouse

He heard her mind come awake and smiled. He faded so that she would not see him and waited. Her mind was lethargic because of the sleep spell that he had cast. He nudged her mind a little and smiled as she bolted upright in bed.

Finally he saw her walking on silent feet to towards him, looking around nervously. He saw her puzzled look as she saw that nothing was amiss and all was as it was.

He did not have to read her thoughts to know that she was starting to doubt the events of earlier. She made a full search of the home and then stood thinking

She shook her head. “You need to get out of this house or else you’ll go crazy.” She said to herself. He found it amusing that she would feel the need to verbalize her thoughts; it was as if she was trying to convince herself that all was well.

She seemed to reach some decision and moved towards her room and the little bathroom to the side.

He followed her, watching. She started removing her clothing and he could not stop himself from inspecting her body, gasping slightly. He saw her tense for a moment. Had she heard him? She shook her head and entered the shower.

He moved back to her room, he watched as she dressed. Naturally she was wearing pants the ones called skinny’s by the mortals and a tight top. He frowned; he did not understand why these mortals would allow their females to dress in such garb. She would look much better in more feminine attire.

He followed her as she came to the door that led outside and waiting for her to touch it; he reappeared right behind her, encircling her wrist with his hand.

“Going somewhere are we?” He whispered right in her ear.

He heard her heart jump and then race in fear. Mortals were so easily frightened. He loved the way that he could control her emotions. It gave him a wonderful sense of control.

This is just a dream; it's all in my head!" She said out loud.

It made him laugh, because he could hear that she didn't believe what she was saying. She knew that he was there.

"I might be in your head my dear, but I can assure you that this is far from being a dream." He taunted her.

She stood stiff refusing to look at him, trying to deny the reality. He forcefully swung her around to face him and he saw that she had her eyes tightly shut.

“Open your eyes Angel!” He commanded, using the tone of voice that he knew no one was able to deny.

She opened her eyes, staring at his chest because of her shortness.

“I’m still here, you cannot simply wish me away silly mortal.” He said.

Her ridiculous attempts at denial were very amusing. He focused on her thoughts so that he would know what she was thinking. He took a moment to enjoy her disbelief and despair.

“Why is this happening to me? What have I done? I only caught a momentary glimpse of him in the park.”

He looked at her with mirth in his eyes. “Sometimes a moment is all that is needed mortal.”

He saw fire ignite in her eyes at his words.

“Get out of my head!” She growled at him with gritted teeth.
Her fury made him laugh; she thought that he would fear her? He was a god and she dared to order him around.

“Ah, the return of the feisty one, I almost thought that she was gone.”

She was silent suddenly and he could see that she fought with the anger and tried reasoning through the situation. He “listened” to her thoughts as she concluded that there was no escape and that he could come and go as he pleased.

Realization dawned on her that he may be able to hide from sight and that brought to mind another realization that she really did not want to face.

“How long have you been back?” She asked with eyes narrowed in suspicion and a faint glimmer of hope, useless hope, but hope none the less.

He gave her one of his infamous smirks. “Who said I ever left.”

He could see that the realization set in, she knew that he had watched her. She closed her eyes in defeat and sighed heavily. Defeat hung around her like a cloud. She drew in a shuddering breath and opened her eyes and surprisingly looking him in the eye.

“Do you want something to eat?” She asked.

That was not what he had expected her to say and it threw him off for a moment. This was not what he had thought would happen. He had not expected to break her will so soon. He searched her thoughts trying to see what she was planning.

All he found was resignation to her fate, but no defeat yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi sorry for the long wait. I'm having issues with work and family. Hope you enjoy. I'll try to have an update for Silver tongued devil up tomorrow.
Hope you enjoy this.