Status: To be updated slowly

Amber Eyed Angel

Coffee and threats

“Eat?”
She looked uncertain. “Yes food. Do Asgardians need to eat or do you sustain your lives in some other way?”

She was genuinely curious. Her behavior puzzled him. He could find no deceit in the request and knew that she was genuine in her request. She puzzled him. Were all mortals like her? She knew that he was holding her captive and that he had been watching her and yet she asked whether he wanted food. If he had not known that she was intelligent he would have thought her simple minded.
When he did not answer her immediately she continued talking.

“I was on my way out to get something to eat.” She answered his previous question. “Do you want to join me?”

He narrowed his eyes at her. “If this is an attempt at escape I warn you it will not succeed. There is no escaping me.”

“Well that was obvious.” She said with an exaggerated sigh. Suddenly he heard her stomach growl in hunger.

“Let us appease the hungry beast inside you: we would not want it to devour you.” He said smiling down at her.

She gave him a disbelieving look, shook her head and turned reaching for the door again. He reached out and grabbed her wrist, tightening his grip so that he would cause her some slight pain.

“I warn you Angelique Baulaine, do not attempt escape. You will not care for the consequences if you do.” He warned menacingly. He felt a shiver run down her spine and pushed into her thoughts again.

“Yes definitely bipolar, better humor the crazy person. Damn he heard that! Don’t think, don’t think.” Her thoughts could not be tamed though. “Those clothes are going to look really silly out there”

He immediately took an image of what she regarded as appropriate wear from her mind and altered his appearance. He saw her eyes grow large at this simple feat. He now had on what mortals called jeans, a white shirt and black leather jacket.

“Let us be off.’ He said and led her outside. He took her hand in his. She looked at their linked hands and tried to let go, but he just tightened his grip and she finally gave up.

As they walked an elderly woman waved at them. He remembered that this was Angel’s neighbor, Mrs Harris; a very meddlesome woman. As they drew nearer to her, she spoke.

“Angel, how are you my dear? Who is this gentleman at your side?” He did not even have to look into her mind to know that she was dying of curiosity. He spoke up before Angel could open her mouth.

He gave the bothersome woman one of his most winning smiles. “Good day Mrs Harris, my name is Rafe Asgardson. Angel has told me so much about you.”

The woman fell for his smile as countless others had; he had not expected anything less.

“I hope you will forgive us, but we are on our way to breakfast.” He continued. The woman only managed to nod; her mind was such an easy one to manipulate. It was filled with nothing but gossip and curiosity about everyone around her. He had just given her a slight push to accept him.

He saw Angel shake her head and could read her dismay at what had transpired. He smiled to himself at her thoughts of him being a psychopathic murderer. The thought that was uppermost in her mind was puzzlement at the fact that no one was recognizing him. She was so clueless regarding his abilities. Did she not think that he would take precautions?

They were currently seated in a cafe and waiting for their order to arrive. They were to have coffee and something called pancakes. It would be the first mortal food that he would have.

He looked at her and decided to answer her question.

“They do not see me as you do: to them I look quite different. Human minds are so easy to manipulate.” He said with a smirk
She gave him an look filled with irritation.

“Get out of my mind.” She said furiously. “You have no right to be in there so stop it.. For that matter why don’t you go and mess with someone else. You disgust me.”

He could feel her rage and disgust. The rage amused him, but her disgust enraged him. His heritage has caused that reaction and he hated it. He would not stand for it from her, she had no right to speak to him thus.

He grabbed her had and holding it began to send could energy into it, a freezing cold that would cause her pain, but not enough to cause damage. He saw as she began to feel the freezing needles enter her hand, she tried to pull away but he held steady and increased the pain level.

“Remember your place mortal; never forget that I hold you life in my hands. Do not ever forget that.” He said forcefully, as he sent the cold up into her wrist causing her to whimper in fright and nod her answer.

Her eyes had gone wide and as he let go of her hand she clutched it with her other, trying to return heat to it. They ate in silence.

He quite enjoyed the drink called coffee and the pancakes were filling. Angel ate but he could see that she was not enjoying it, but at least she was obeying him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all, here is another update for you. Hope you enjoy.