Sequel: Pieced Together
Status: Complete

Stitched Together

Chapter 15- Messages and Hotel Rooms

Chapter Fifteen
Messages and Hotel Rooms

“Let's go party!” Doll announced to her men as she walked down the stairs.

All five of her men took a second glance at her before turning their gaze away from her. She wasn't wearing her normal outfit. She was wearing a short, black and white stripped, boat neck halter top dress with black tights and dark red heels. Her scars had been completely covered up and her blue eyes stood out against her smoky black eye shadow. Her blonde hair had been brushed and fell down past her shoulders in loose natural curls.

They arrived at a club called Red Diamond in twenty minutes. The club was owned by Simone Carrillo and she was informed that he spent most nights there. Doll was here to deliver a message to him personally.

“You can enjoy yourself just don't let your guard down.” She warned them as she got out of the vehicle.

She pulled down her dress before she walked to the entrance of the club. Her heels clicked on the concrete with every step. The entrance was guarded by a large, black man that looked like he could break someone three times Doll's size. Doll bit her lip to stop the laughter. She wished she had her switchblade with her so she could see how tough he really is. She shook away that thought quickly and smiled innocently up at him. His gaze showed that he thought of her as a piece of meat.

“You got ID, doll face?” He asked her still looking her up and down.

Doll clenched her teeth together as she pulled out a driver’s licenses from her small clutch. The name on the card was Cassie Daniels, age twenty-four.

“Alright you have fun,” He told her handing her license back. She felt his gaze still on her when she walked past him. She surveyed the club. It was packed with drunk and sweaty men and woman whose only concern was if they were going to get lucky. Doll made herself comfortable on a stool at the bar.

'These people are so useless. Their lives are so pointless.' Doll thought to herself as she watched all the couples on the floor dance against each other. She scrunched her noise up in disgust.

“You need anything to drink, miss?” A male voice brought her out of her thoughts. Turning she saw a young man with arms covered in tattoos staring at her.

“No, I don't need a drink,” Doll told him. “But I could use some information.” She said after a moment.

The man looked at her suspiciously. “What kind of information are ya talking about?” He asked.

Doll smiled her innocent smile at him showing off her white teeth. She leaned her elbows against the bar so her face was just inches away from him. “Where would I find Mr. Carrillo?” She asked in the flirtatious voice she could muster.

“Why would a young thing like you want anything to do with him?” He asked her. “Look, I shouldn't say this but he's a bad guy. You shouldn't get involved with him.” He warned her. She wanted to laugh so bad but she kept her act up.

“I'm not as innocent as I look.” She told him. He gave her a confused look. “Look, do you know where he is or not?” She asked him, her patients growing thin.

“Yeah, he's here, he's in the VIP lounge. It's right through that curtain.” He pointed it out as he explained. Just like the entrance to the club the entrance to the VIP lounge was guarded by another large man.

“Wonderful,” she told him before she stood up from her seat. She saw the bartender shake his head in disbelief as she made her way to the curtain that separated her from the VIP lounge. If only he knew how capable she was he wouldn't be worrying so much. When she reached the curtain the large bodyguard stared down at her.

“I'm here to see Mr. Carrillo.” She told him. He stared at her for a few more moments which made her raise her eyebrows at him.

“You seem a lot younger than his usual uh company.” The man told her.

“Are you trying to imply something?” She asked him.

“No, of course not!” He defended himself quickly. “But I have to ask him first to see if he wants any company first.” He told her before stepping back into the room separated by the curtain. Doll waited patiently for his return. It didn't take long before he came back out and motioned her inside. This was easier then she thought it would be. Men would do anything for a pretty face.

Doll surveyed the dim lighted room quickly. The room was mostly just large booths scattered around and a bar in the back. She saw Carrillo in the middle booth with two barely clothed women seated on either side of him and his 'friends' seated around him. Doll gracefully walked over to stand in front of him. Just like the man outside he stared at her like she was a piece of meat and he was a hungry lion.

“You really are a beauty.” He commented her. He shooed away the other two girls and gestured for her to take their spot. Doll did so without a word. As soon as she sat down she felt his hand settle on her thigh. Doll tensed at the touch but kept her facial expression neutral.

His hand stayed on her thigh as he ignored her for the time being. He laughed and joked with his friends. When no one was looking she discretely took one of the dinner knives that were next to his finished plate of food. She held it by her side just waiting for her moment.

“The Batman doesn't scare me. He wouldn't dare to miss with me.” Carrillo told the men as he laughed. Doll finally decided to speak up.

“It's not The Batman you should be worried about.” Doll told them as she gazed around the room casually. She felt all of the men turn their attention to her.

“You don't think so?” One of them said. She could tell by his tone that he was humoring her.

“There are things out there much more dangerous than Batman.” She told them in the same uncaring voice she used before.

“Like what? The clown character? He wouldn't dare touch me.” Carrillo laughed. It was time to act. She turned her body towards him so she landed with her knees placed on either side of him. He was shocked at her move. “I got a feisty one here, ay boys?” He laughed. She cut his fun real quickly when the dinner knife was place against his throat.

“Oh you have no idea how feisty I can be.” Doll told him. She heard the movement of the men around her. She heard the click of a gun as it was placed behind her head. Doll smiled uncaring.

“If you don't put the gun down I will slit your boss’s throat.” She told them not moving from her position.

Carrillo stared at her before he spoke. “You wouldn't really do it.” He told her confident. Doll laughed at him.

“Are you sure? Are you willing to bet your life on it?” Doll asked him pressing the knife into his skin. The jagged edges of the knife nipped at his skin.

“What do you want?” He finally asked her. Doll rolled her eyes at the over used line. She wondered if people these days were just too lazy to be original.

“I just came here to deliver a message to you.” She explained to him. Her blues eyes gazed at him as he looked at her in confusion.

“A message, from who?” Doll could tell he still didn't take her very serious. She was going to prove him very wrong.

“Aw, you don't recognize me?” Doll pretended to pout. He stared back at her unknowing. “Oh, that's right my scars aren't showing today.” She said pretending to just remember. She gave a tiny shrug. “The names Doll, I'm sure you heard about me. I mean I did still a bunch of your money and then used it to get this outfit.” She gestured with her hand that wasn't holding the knife to her dress. She felt him tense underneath her. He finally understood that she was an actual threat to his life. “Oh good, you have heard of me.”

“What do you want?” He asked again.

Rolling her eyes she replied to him, “You're so... repetitive.” She cleared her throat as she made herself more comfortable on his lap. “Now, I told you I was here to deliver a message so I suggest you listen and tell your boys there to put away their toys. I have no intentions on hurting you. I just need you to shut up and listen.”

“What's your damn message?” He asked her. She could feel the anger radiating off of him. Men like him didn't like to be outsmarted and especially by a girl. She brought her face next to his ear.

“I don't like you. You want to know why?” She asked with a brief pause before continuing. “You seem to think Gotham is yours and I hate to break it to you but Gotham is mine! So my message is more like a warning- either you stay out of my city or I'll make it so you won't be going anywhere else but in the ground!” She told him.

“You have some guts for a little girl.” Carrillo chocked out from underneath the knife. “What are you going to do if I don't agree to your terms- sick your little boyfriend on me?” He asked with a laugh. Doll laughed at him. Her whole body shook on top of him and the knife cut lightly into his throat.

“I don't let The Joker fight my battles. You see, I'm a big girl and I can do that all on my own.” She explained, speaking the last few words slowly. “Now unless you have a death wish; a very painful one, I suggest you listen to me and stay out of my way.”

She raised herself off of him never letting the knife leave his neck. She forced him up to play hostage as she made her way back to the curtain.

“Well, I do believe my job here is done. Have a fun night boys!” She said and she heard footsteps approach from behind her. Turning she saw three of her men behind her. “Well, boys let's get out of here. I think I've had enough fun for one night.” She told her men. One them handed her a gun and she took it with a smile.

Doll made it to the van without any trouble from Carrillo's men. They all seemed to shock or afraid to do anything against her. They also started to swarm around their boss who now sported a cut mark down his left cheek. A reminder to him that Doll was serious.

The city of Gotham was covered in a blanket of darkness as Doll watched the streets below from her spot on an old apartment building. She could feel the cool wind against her face as it blew back her hair. Neither she nor The Joker had anything arranged for the night, or if he did she wasn't invited to see the show. Doll just liked the fresh air that the roof top allowed her.

She wondered if Carrillo would heed her warning- she doubted it. Men like him think their untouchable but Doll will show him that he's not. She laughed out loud when she thought of their conversation.

“The Joker take care of my problems, that will be that day I start helping Batman.” Doll muttered to herself.

“What's got you down, gorgeous?” Said a high pitch, nasally like voice from behind her. Doll didn't even have to turn around to know that the voice belonged to The Joker. His footsteps grew closer to her until he sat himself down beside her on the ledge of the building.

“You have a very uncanny way of always knowing where I am. Are you stalking me?” Doll asked. She felt him shift beside her. He didn't answer her question and it didn't seem likely he was going to. Doll rolled her eyes. “I was just thinking about my visit with Carrillo yesterday.” Doll told him as she started down at the semi-empty streets below.

“How did it go?” The Joker asked her.

“He didn't take me very... serious about my warning. He asked me if I was going to sick my boyfriend on him.” Doll explained to him. She kept her face pointed forward but she looked out of the corner of her eye at him. His face was scrunched up in confusion. She saw him mouth the word 'boyfriend' to himself. Doll bit down on her tongue to hold in her laugh.

“Boyfriend?” He finally asked out loud.

“Yeah, apparently that's what their calling you now of days.” Doll answered him. She felt him shift beside her as he made himself more comfortable.

“That's news to me. Who would have thought it? The Joker has a girlfriend!” He told her laughing. His laughter carried down to the streets below and they saw a few citizens jump and look around the dark city nervously. Doll looked up at The Joker for the first time since he joined her on the roof. He looked the same as he always did- face painted, purple suit, and dyed green, curly hair.

“You’re not working tonight?” She asked him casually.

“I thought I would take the night off and hunt you down.” The Joker told her with a large smile that made his scars raise higher up on his cheeks.

“I feel special but the view would have been better if something was exploding.” Doll commented to the calm city below her. Doll felt him get closer to her. His face hovered just above her shoulder.

“Well, if an explosion would make you... happy I just might be able to arrange that.” The Joker told her with a cunning look as he stared at her. Doll gave him a confused look. She watched as he dug into his left coat pocket for a moment before he made a noise of accomplishment. Doll saw in his hands a very familiar looking device- a detonator.

“What does it blow up?” She asked him in excitement.

“Does it really matter?” He asked his face still closer to hers. Doll shrugged in response, her shoulder briefly touching his chin that hovered close to her. “If you must know it just so happens to be rigged to a restaurant owned by Simone Carrillo.” She gave him a knowing look. She wondered if this was another one of his so called 'dates'. “Want to push it together?” He asked nodding his head towards the detonator in his hands. In the center was a large red button just begging for them to press. Doll nodded her head in answer to his question.

The pressed the button together. The Joker's purple leather covered thumb covered Doll's smaller one on the button. The explosion was loud from where they were sitting and they watched as people looked out their windows of their homes to see what the disturbance was about. It was only minutes later when they saw police cars along with fire trucks going to the scene. The night sky was lighted up by the burning restaurant. Carrillo would learn his lesson to not mess with their city or they would teach him not to mess with them.

Doll for once followed The Joker back to his own place. She had never been to his home and she admitted to herself that she was curious how he lived. She wondered if it would look like her place. He led her to an old, semi-run down hotel building and pulled a set of keys from his coat pocket. After getting the door unlocked and opened he gestured for her to go inside. Doll lightly giggled. The Joker was a gentleman when he wanted to be.

She glanced around the building as she followed him up the stairs past several doors that lead to different rooms. The building was old and showed its age. The walls and ceilings had faded to an off white and webs could be seen in the corners of the walls. She had noticed briefly downstairs where the lobby use to be was seat up now to run as a living room quite like her own home. She wondered if his men were addicted to television as much as her men are. Finally The Joker stopped at room number 290 and once again pulled out the ring of keys. He gestured for her to go in first once the door was open. His room was a mess but Doll couldn't say much; her room was almost just as bad. There was paper covering the floor, stuck to the walls, and spread out on the desk in the corner. Doll noticed right away that most of the papers where newspaper clippings.

There was a queen size bed in the middle of the room that had seen better days. The frame had rusted into a dark bronze instead of the bright gold it used to be. It was covered in dark purple sheets and pillows with a black comforter thrown messily onto it. She assumed the sheets and comforter were The Joker's doing.

“Nice place you got here, Joker.” She repeated what he said a few months ago about her own home. She even dragged out his name like he had done. The Joker shot her a glare realizing quickly what she was doing. Doll gave him an innocent smile.

“I could just shot you.” The Joker told her. It was a phrase she had said to him several times since meeting him. The closest she came to ever actually shooting him was on their first date.

“Very true.” She said casually with a shrug of her shoulders. She heard him sigh. She refused to play his game.

“You’re a very hard woman to understand.” He commented as he walked over to stand in front of her. His body pushed into hers until her back hit the wall beside the door. He was much taller than her, her head only reaching his chin. His painted grinning face looked down at her as his dark brown eyes gazed right into her blue ones.

“I'm a very complicated individual.” She said quietly. His face was only centimeters away from her own. When she spoke their lips touched briefly.

“I've noticed.” He told her in the same quite tone.

A second later his lips crashed upon hers. The kiss was anything but gentle. It was rough and both parties fought the other for dominance. Doll pushed herself up closer to him, tangling her hands into his green curls. She felt him run his hands through her long blonde before tugging on it to get her to move with him. They fell on The Joker's bed with Doll on top, her legs on either side of his stomach. Doll's mind became clouded as they continued.

She had never felt like she does when around him. She didn't particularity care about what people thought about her but it was nice to have someone who understood. He wasn't trying to understand her, to correct her or fix her; he just got it. He was something she never thought she would find in another person. He was extremely intelligent and opinionated. He had similar interests and even had the same job. Doll didn't believe in love and she wasn't even sure if she did believe in it if she was even capable of feeling it. But with The Joker it was different. He was the one person in her life that mattered. She knew she would never kill him and she would mind if he was to suddenly be gone.

It didn't take long before clothes were thrown around the room. They continued to try to dominate the other, to prove who was better. One didn't stay on top very long before the other forced the other back on the bottom. Doll's body was completely covered in his face paint and her black paint that had one covered her scars now ran down her face from sweat. His natural face looked down at her as she bit down on his neck roughly. She felt his body shake in pleasure from it.

His body was thin and lanky without the bulk of the over coat that he always wore. His skin, like Doll's, was scarred from old wounds. Even though he was thin she could feel the muscle underneath. He was strong and he showed her that when he pushed her off to be on top. Doll's nails clawed into his skin as she gritted her teeth together. She wasn't sure how much of him she could take before she really did lose her mind. She knew her body was bruised from his roughness but she didn't care. She was certain she left her own marks on him as well. It was their way of showing the other that that they weren't the weak one. It was a game but a game they both enjoyed playing with each other.

When Doll opened her eyes all she saw was darkness. Her brain took a few moments to reboot before remembering the events of the night before. When her eyes adjusted to the darkness she looked to the other side of the bed. Laying in his naked glory beside her was The Joker. Doll studied him quietly, making sure not to wake him. He looked peaceful when he was sleeping. His face paint had long ago smeared off leaving his handsome face to show. His body was laid out on his side of the bed the comforter resting just above his hips and his hands lounging at his sides.

“Do you see something you like?” He asked suddenly. His voice actually made Doll jump in surprise. She wondered if he had been awake the entire time. Her eyes shot to his face where he looked at her with only one eye open.

“I thought you were asleep.” She told him honestly.

“I was,” he said finally opening his other eye. “But then I felt someone staring at me.” He explained as he sat up on the bed. “You’re a tough little thing, that's for sure.” He told her as he rubbed his right shoulder which sported a large bruise. Doll was pretty sure that it was from shoving him so she could be on top.

Doll shrugged with a smile covering her scarred face. She looked around the room that was now covered in their discarded clothing. “Do I get breakfast?” She asked him suddenly. The Joker stared at her with his eyes squinted together as he thought about it.

“Well, I'm sure if you go out dressed like you are now that my men would go get you anything you... want.” He told her gesturing to her lack of clothing. Doll glared at him. “Or you could get dressed and then threaten them to go get you food. They’re a lot like your men, it doesn't take much.” He suggested.

“I'll think I'll take the second option. Don't be surprised if one of your men gets shot. It'll be pay back from your first visit.” She warned him as she stood up from the bed. Doll wasn't shy as she dressed in front of him. She sat back down on the bed as she pulled on her tights and then laced up her shoes. After running a hand through her hair to comb out the tangles she glanced back at The Joker, who was in the process of tying his tie, before walking out of his room to demand food from his men.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe and leave me some comments! I hope you guys liked it.