Sequel: Pieced Together
Status: Complete

Stitched Together

Chapter 19 Plenty of Blood

Chapter Nineteen
Plenty of Blood

Doll woke up three hours later when the smell of pizza reached her. Opening her eyes she smiled slightly when she was greeted by The Jokers bedroom. Looking around the room she saw he was absent. She rolled out of the bed still dressed in her jeans and hoodie and pulled open the door to follow the scent of pizza to downstairs. In the kitchen like area she found The Joker sitting alone at one of the tables scattered around the room and a few of his henchmen setting together at the other tables. They looked up at her briefly before silently going back to their food. Doll made her way over to The Joker's table and took the only available seat. She stared at his pizza that was lying out in front of him. Two minutes later he finally looked up at her with his right eyebrow raised and a smile stretching across his face.

“Well hello there sleeping beauty.” He commented to her.

“Hello yourself, I want some pizza.” She told him as she reached across the table to get a slice. He slammed the box shut just when her hand was reaching for it. She glared up at him and he wore the same large smile.

“Now didn't your parents ever teach you manners?” He teased her. “You didn't say please.” He told her dragging out the word please.

Doll stared at him for a minute from across the table and then to the pizza box that his hand still held shut. “They might have taught her some manners before I killed them... I don't think they really stuck with me.” She told him.

She watched as his head tilted to the side as his brain processed the information she gave him. They never talked about each other’s past nor did they question each other about it. She never believed the stories he told about his scars. They just lived in the now and took the world day by day. She knew though that his curiosity couldn't pass up the opportunity that she was handing him.

“Was she the girl I met at the hospital?” He asked his interest now peeked. Doll took this time that his mind was focused elsewhere and struck. Her hand snatched out and swiped the pizza box from his grip and quickly stood up from the table. He gave her a wide eyed look as she smiled at him. She pulled a slice from the box and took a bite before she started walking away.

“No, the other girl is dead.” She called out to him as she walked away and headed back up the stairs to his room. She heard the screech of his chair and then his footsteps against the floor as he followed her.

He caught up with her at his door and he pushed her face first into the doorway, his arms circling around her waist holding her against his chest.

“I caught you.” He whispered in her ear.

“You're the only who can.” She told him as she leaned her back into him. She felt him bite down on her ear his tongue licked her split earlobe before he pulled away from her.

“You plan on sharing that pizza with me?” He asked looking over her shoulder to the pizza she was still holding.

“If you say please.” She teased him as she looked up at his painted face. His eyes bore into hers.

“I don't have any manner so you’re wasting your time beautiful.” The Joker told her as he attempted to snatch the pizza box away from her. His planned failed when he received an elbow to his gut.

“It's mine.” Doll told him as she dashed into his bedroom and jumped onto the bed like a small child would. The Joker followed after her with his head titled curiously to one side.

“Someone’s in a much better mood after their nap.” He commented to her as he continued to watch her. She opened the pizza box on top of the bed and took out another slice. This time she plucked the pepperonis off first.

“Considering I'm not restrained, drugged, or stuck in a hospital with amnesia why yes I'm feeling great.” She told him smiling as she bounced slightly on the bed on her knees as she took a bit of her pizza.

“That's a good enough reason to be in a good mood.” He told her as he joined her on the bed. He was finally successful in taking the pizza box away from her to grab a piece from it.

They continued to eat in silence on The Joker's bed. They set with their legs tucked underneath themselves as they faced each other. Doll looked up to see him studying her, a habit that she noticed he did often. Her guess was his brain was trying to figure her out, like she was a puzzle. She guessed this because she did it to him too.

“You stood me up.” He spoke up suddenly. Doll gave him a confused look with her eyes scrunched up.

“What?” She finally asked.

“I was waiting for you on top of the apartment building on Blake Avenue and you never showed.” He informed her. Doll rolled her eyes at him when she finally understood what he was talking about.

“I'm sorry I was probably lying in a dumpster somewhere unconscious.” She told him sarcastically. The Joker held up his hands in a surrender motion as he wiggled his gloved fingers.

“My point was that you owe me a date.” He told her as he leaned towards her. He grinned showing of his yellowed teeth to her.

“I suppose I do.” She agreed. “But first I have a date with Carrillo and I feel like it's going to be great fun... for me.”

“You mean us.” He corrected her quickly with a warning tone. He used a tone that meant he wasn't going to argue about it. He was coming with her to get Carrillo whether she liked it or not. She glared at him but didn't question him. After a minute of glaring she fell back onto the bed and stared at the ceiling in boredom.

“So do you have any idea of what you're going to do to Carrillo?” The Joker asked. She felt him move on the bed to lie beside her. His hand traveled up and down her stomach as he spoke.

“I'm going to give him a taste of his own medicine to see how he likes it. The only difference will be is that when I throw him out like the trash that he is I'll make sure he is dead first.” Doll told him her voice taking on a deadly tone. The Joker liked it. He couldn't wait to see what she had in store for Carrillo and he knew that he wanted to make him pay as well. No one was going to take away his Doll ever again.

Doll's hand found The Joker's gloved one and grasped it making him stop its trail down her stomach. Her hand traveled up his hand then up his shirt sleeve, and stopped on his shoulder. She turned slightly on the bed to stare at him. She tugged at the collar of his dress shirt for a moment before she spoke up.

“When you came and visited me in the hospital,” she began quietly. The Joker raised his head up a little to show he was listening. “You said I was your Doll.” She reminded him. He continued to look at her. He wasn't sure what she wanted him to say to that.

“Do you not want to be my Doll?” He finally asked.

“I didn't say that I just was pointing it out. I remember everything about being in the hospital. That girl she was me. It was like my memories were just trapped and couldn't get out. I dreamed about me and that other girl while in the hospital. I thought I was horrible. I didn't want anyone to call me Doll. I was me but not at the same time.” She tried to explain to him. As she spoke her hand absentmindedly traveled over his body. It went down his arm, over his chest, and down his stomach. Her eyes glazed over slightly as she spoke to him. It was the calmest The Joker had ever seen Doll.

“The other girl… what was she like?” The Joker asked her out of pure curiosity. He always wondered what Doll was like before she was Doll. He knew from the way she spoke that she once suffered from split personality disorder. He wanted to know what happened to the other girl and what she was like.

“Pathetic.” She spit out. “She was pathetic. She got herself into big trouble and I was done with saving her.” Doll told him. Her hand had stopped its movement and rested on his tie.

The Joker tugged on her arm to pull her closer into him. “Is she the reason you got those nice scars?” He asked as his finger traced down the one on her left eye.

She pulled away from him and stood up from the bed. The Joker sat up as he watched her. Doll shook her head making her blonde hair fly around her head. She didn't mean to start talking about Allison. She never talks about Allison to anyone. She wanted to forget her and the pitiful excuse of a human being that she used to share everything with. She left the room without saying a word, the door slamming shut behind her. The Joker listened as he heard her footsteps travel down the stair and then the front door slamming shut. The Joker shook his head and stretched out on his bed.

“Women,” he muttered to himself before he began laughing uncontrollably. He decided that he would give her a couple of hours to sort out whatever was bothering her and then he would drag her back here by force if necessary.

Doll walked the streets of The Narrows with her head down and her hands tucked into the pockets of her hoodie. She glanced down at it in annoyance; she was ready for a wardrobe change. Changing directions she made her way to a very familiar shop that was tucked away in the streets of The Narrows. It was a tiny clothing store that was owned by a man named Harry Clive and he was the man that she always came to for clothes. He was about the money and as long as you paid him well he kept his mouth shut. Being in the middle of the night the shop was closed but that didn't discourage Doll. She knew that Harry lived in a loft above the shop. She pounded on the door until she heard movement on the inside. The door opened to show the angry face of a thirty-five year old skinny man with curly black hair and brown eyes. His expression changed when he saw who had been bagging on his door and he shifted nervously in the doorway.

“Doll?” He squeaked out.

“Yeah, expecting someone else?” She asked him as she pushed him aside to get in. She closed the door behind her.

“I heard you were dead.” He told her. Doll turned and stared at him.

“And that's what you’re going to keep believing or you're a dead man. Got it?” She asked him. He nodded his head up and down obediently. “Now, I came here for clothes. I'm hoping you have something pre-made.” She told him.

“Uh, yeah I have a few things that you might like. Follow me.” He said and walked over to a rack of clothing hanging up. “Um this is everything that I have in your size.” He said.

Doll went through the clothing to find something that would suit her. She got lucky when she pulled out a black sleeveless dress that came just above her knees. Looking further she found a wine red colored coat that was the same length as the dress. She moved over to the display of shoes he had and picked a pair of knee length black boots. She finished the outfit with a pair of black tights before turning back to Harry who had been watching her from a safe distance.

“Nice choices.” He commented.

She didn't say anything to him as she went to the small changing room he had to put on the clothes. They fit great and she felt like her old self again. All she was missing was the paint on her scars. She put her gun and knives into the pockets of her coat before stepping back out into the shop.

“I hope you don't... mind but I'm kind of low on money right now.” She told him. She saw him shift nervously again as he turned to face her.

“Oh?” He asked surprised.

“It's hard to rob banks when you’re... dead.” She told with a large smile.

“Right, right of course. Well, I know you good for it so just pay me when you can.” He told her, his voice oozing with fear.

“I will, you have my word.” She told him before walking past him and out of his shop. She could almost imagine him sighing in relief once she was gone.

Doll made her way to The Joker's home and when she turned the door knob she smiled slightly when she found it was locked. She was certain that was his doing. She banged on the door until she heard movement behind it. The door opened slightly and she could easily tell even in the dark that it was the Joker's head peeking through the door. His white painted face glowed in the dark and his lips were twisted into a smile as he looked at her. He head was stuck out of the crack in the door as one of his hands held the door closed.

“Just like a woman. You get fussy and go buy clothes.” He told her his voice nasally. “What do you want? It's late.” He asked her his voice sounding annoyed even though his lips were twisted into a smile.

“If you don't let me in I will seriously shoot you.” Doll told him as she smiled showing of her white teeth to him. He gave her a bored expression as his head was still stuck out of the door.

“You say that but you never really go through with it.” He pointed out to her. “It's starting to get repetitive.” Doll rolled her eyes annoyed before quickly pulling out a switchblade from her pocket. Clicking it open she tossed it towards him and it landed in his arm that was holding the door closed. She saw his eye twitch in annoyance as he lost his grip on the door. She pushed him aside and stepped through the doorway. She watched as he pulled the blade out and blood ooze out of the cut and seeped into his shirt. She saw him walk into the kitchen to clean and badge the wound. She shrugged as she made it over to the living room and longed on the couch to wait for him.

She was twirling one of her knives around casually in her hand when she heard his footsteps come towards her. He stood leaning over the back of the couch watching her. She looked up at him for a moment and saw that he had a large rip in the sleeve of his shirt and she could see the white gauze bandage that was wrapped around the wound. His eyes bored into hers before he walked to the front of the couch and swiped her blade from her hand.

“Going to give me a matching wound?” She asked as she sat up on the couch. He glanced back at her as he walked to the stairs.

“I'm thinking about it.” He said with a large smile. He didn't strike her but he did shut the blade and tuck it into his pants pocket. “You coming to bed or do you plan on sleeping on the couch?”

Doll wordlessly followed him up to his room. She tossed her coat on top of his that was thrown over his desk chair. She pulled her boots off as well as her tights. She could feel The Joker's eyes on her as she moved to lie on the bed. He was still standing in front of the bed watching her; unmoving.

“Are you going to pout all night or are you actually going to get in the bed?” She teased him. It did the trick and she watched him as he loosened his tie and pulled it over his head. He then took off his green vest then slipped of his ripped shirt. He tossed his clothing into a messy pile in the corner of his room. He finally pulled his purple pants down and Doll for once held her giggle as she saw his plaid purple boxers. He then finally climbed into the bed beside her.

“Do you take the face paint off for anything?” She asked as she watched him settle on his side facing her.

“No,” he answered simply which made her smile slightly. She laid herself beside his half naked body and her hand reached out to roam briefly over his scared chest. She fell asleep with her hand resting above his heart.

The Joker woke up to find Doll's body wrapped around his own with her head buried in the crook of his arm. She moaned slightly when he moved her off of him so he could go to the bathroom. When he came back to the bedroom he saw that she was awake.

“Oh look I can see skin.” She told him as he came back to join her on the bed. His face was bare and the face paint was now smudged onto his pillow. She pulled him down on the bed on top of her as her fingers found his naked scars. She traced them back and forth gently with her fingertips. His brown eyes stared into her blue ones. Without his face paint it was like looking at another person. The only give away was the scars and his eyes.

A few seconds later his eyes closed and she felt his body relax against hers. It was so strange and unfamiliar to her how they both acted so differently around each other than they did around the rest of the world. They might not know the others past but they were connected, they were similar. The Joker made her feel tense but relaxed at the same time. She wasn't afraid of him hurting her or even killing her but she knew that he was a bomb they could explode at any time just like her. Doll didn't care, she wanted to be around him. She liked him in every way she was capable of. The feelings were foreign to her and she didn't understand them. She enjoyed the time she spent with The Joker no matter how small it was or what they were doing. She wondered briefly if maybe she was crazy or if he was making her that way.

He almost fell back asleep to the soothing touch of Doll's fingers on his scars. Normally he didn't even like touching them no less someone else but she was different. She made his insides twist unnaturally when he was around her. She made him relax and his brain slow down. He didn't have to prove anything to her or show her the real world. She already knew the world even for being young. He knew that she had seen the true ugliness of people; she had to for her to be as tough as she was. He didn't see her as crazy, he thought she was incredible. Doll was like him and she refused to lower herself to society rules. She was unpredictable and he was just waiting for the day that he finally pushes her to far and she really does shoot him.

He felt Doll shift from underneath him as her body pressed against his bare chest and her hands tangled themselves in his curly hair. He opened his eyes to look into her twinkling blue ones. He wasn't one to really care about looks. Until he met her he didn't even care about women in general. He was all about sending a message and proving to Gotham that they were all filth and liars. Doll was different, she understood, she was simple yet so complicated at the same time.

The stories that he had heard about her was what first interested him. He wanted to see if she was really as tough as people made her out to be. He had his doubts when he first caught sight of the tiny, little girl wearing an orange jumpsuit sitting on the floor in the jail cell. With her pretty scared face she looked more like a victim rather than a murderer. His mind started changing when he saw how she reacted to him... she wasn't afraid and it wasn't just her putting on a tough face. She was always ready for him and could stop him in his tracks.

He was still a man and even though he liked her for more than her looks he did admit to himself that she really was beautiful. She was chaotically beautiful. He knew that before the scars she must have got plenty of male attention. Doll truly looked like a tiny porcelain doll, small with delicate features, the scars now made her seem broken.

“Don't get lost in that brain of yours.” Doll whispered next to his ear. His eyes focused back on hers as he broke out of his thoughts. She leaned back into her pillow on the bed as she looked him over.

The Joker gave her a large smile that looked almost unnatural on his naked face. She gave him a smile in return before lifting her face to connect his lips with hers. Her arms rapped around his shoulders as his slid around her waist to move in closer. He tugged on her bottom lip before roughly biting down on it making her let out a small moan. Her nails sunk into his skin as his tongue found hers. It didn't take long for Doll to get tired of him being in control. She brought her knee up and rammed it into his stomach making him slide off of her.

“You could have just asked.” He said in between laughter as he held his stomach. Doll smiled as climbed on top and sat on his lower stomach. Her hands slid up to his and grasped both of his hands into hers keeping them above his head.

“But that wouldn't be as fun.” She told him.

He smiled showing off his teeth to her and she paused for just a moment before she leaned into him connecting their lips once again. They moved together perfectly. They understood the need to be in control. The little clothing they had on didn't last long before it was thrown to the floor forgotten. The Joker bit into Doll's neck before his body fell on top of hers.

“Hey Joker,” Doll said to get his attention. He made a 'hmm' noise to let her know that he was listening. “Have you seen Tommy around recently?” She asked him.

“Tommy... Was he the one guy that always sucked up to you?” He questioned.

“Yeah, that's him.” She nodded.

“What about him?” The Joker drawled out.

“He was the inside man. He drugged my pizza.” She informed him. She felt his body tense in anger. “I'm going to find him tonight and he is going to tell me where to find Carrillo. Then Tommy is going to find out just how much I hate suck ups.” She growled out as she pushed him off of her. The Joker stood up as well and followed her example of re-dressing.

“Looks like we're going to have a fun night.” The Joker said as he pulled on his purple coat. Doll paused in dressing but didn't comment on the fact she could take Tommy out by herself. Even she knew that telling him no was a losing battle. “Come on Doll let's go see what the boys are up to.”

Finding Tommy was almost too easy to be fun. With Doll's computer skills she was able to find his address and they were ready to make a house call. He lived in the lower class part of Gotham but it was still much better than The Narrows, Doll was sure he paid for his nice apartment with money from Carrillo. She rolled her eyes just thinking about it. He would learn that selling her out for money just isn't worth it in the end. It was a little past ten in the evening when The Joker and her reached the apartment building. The building was quiet and thankfully empty when they made their way inside. When they reached apartment 4E Doll listened through the door to see if she could hear movement; it was completely silent. The Joker pushed her aside slightly gently and picked the lock.

“You're pretty good at that. Past job perhaps?” She asked half teasing and half actually curious. She knew The Joker didn't come to Gotham until after she was put in Arkham so either he wasn't from
Gotham or he went by another name before that. She had a feeling though that whoever he was before the face paint was a criminal as well. He was to experienced and well rounded to be that new to the game.

“I dabbled.” He told her with a grin. He pushed the door and they both walked into the dark apartment. Doll walked towards the kitchen and started opening cabinets and drawers. “Find anything interesting there doll face?” The Joker asked as he leaned casually against the doorway to the kitchen.

“He seriously needs to go grocery shopping.” She commented as she stared into the almost empty fridge.

Doll froze when she heard the jingle of keys outside the front door and then the squeak of the door opening. She gave a small grin towards The Joker before pulling out her favorite switchblade. She placed herself on one side of the kitchen doorway while The Joker took the other side. A minute later Tommy walked through and Doll caught him from behind, her blade resting underneath his chin. She felt Tommy tense against her and she was thankful that The Joker let her be in control. She could handle the little traitor. He was there though in case she needed him and he respected that she wanted to do this by herself.

“You are really dumb.” She told him plainly. His body went rigid at her voice.

“You're dead.” He crocked out.

“If I'm dead then you seriously have some mental problems that you need to work through.” She told him. “If I'm not real then this,” she began as she pressed the blade slightly into his skin creating a small cut. He whimpered from the pain. “Shouldn't hurt. See the difference between Carrillo and I is that when I set out to kill someone I make sure they're dead before tossing them away.” She told him.

He struggled slightly against her but it did nothing but make the blade cut deeper into his skin. Doll could feel his blood leak onto her hand.

“You know Tommy I really don't like suck ups but I hate traitors.” She told him her voice low into his ear from behind him. “You wanna know a secret?” She asked. She pushed him forward against the kitchen wall and stood in front of him. His brown eyes were wide in fear. “I came here to kill you and I'm not leaving until your blood is spilled all over your apartment. But first I need some information from you and your corporation will affect how much torture I put you through.” She told him.

“Look, I'll tell you anything you want to know just don't kill me.” He pleaded to her. Doll's eyes narrowed as she stared at him with her held tilted slightly. She gave him a smile that was anything but friendly.

“See, you’re not getting it. You're going to tell me the information and um then you’re going to die. You don't need to beg. Nothing you say will change that.” She told him. “Now, where is Carrillo?”

“I-I don't know.” He sputtered out. The switchblade came back into view as Doll ran it up his right arm quickly leaving a trail of blood in its wake. He screamed out.

“That's not the correct answer.” She told him in a sing-song voice. “Now let’s try this again, where can I find Carrillo?” He didn't say anything so she copied her work onto his left arm.

“Okay, okay,” he breathed out. “I don't know where he lives or anything but I know a few places that he owns and he visits them frequently. You should be able to get in just like you did at his club.” He told her as his breath came out in gasps as blood leaked out of his arms and onto the tile floor.

“And these places would be...?” Doll asked as she watched Tommy weaken in front of her.

“He has his club and two fancy restaurants down town. Real classy places. I don't know the names.” He told her.

Doll stared at him and Tommy stared back uneasy. The tension in the air was thick and she heard the rustling of The Joker moving behind her. She knew he was beginning to get impatient. Tommy's job was done.

“You've been very helpful.” She whispered near his ear. Her blade once again rested against his neck. “Sadly, this is where your story ends.” She told him before running the blade across his throat.

“That was interesting.” The Joker commented as Doll stepped back away from Tommy's bleeding body.

“You're not going to complain that you didn't get to help are you?” Doll asked as she washed her hands off in the kitchen sink. Tommy's blood swirled around in a pink mess before going down the drain.

“It could have been more exciting but we got what we came for.” He told her as they walked side by side out of the apartment building undetected.

“Don't worry Carrillo's death will be very fun.” She told him patting him on the arm in a mock of a comforting gesture. The Joker gave her a glare in return.

“Gordon, we got something for you.” A young officer who stood in Gordon's office doorway told him.

“What is it?” Gordon asked.

“It was found inside Tommy Cline's apartment. We found it when we moved the body. It's addressed to you.”

Gordon looked at the envelope Officer Leigh was holding and right on the front was written-

For Commissioner Jim Gordon
Only
He recognized the handwriting immediately. He took the envelope and sent a dismissing nod towards the officer. Gordon closed his office door before walking over to his desk chair. He took a long breath before breaking the seal on the envelope. He pulled the folded up piece of paper out and smoothed it over his desk.

Gordon,
Tommy Cline got what he deserved. He was nothing but a filthy snitch. So in a way I was doing you a favor. He served his purpose and now he is gone. Now the true game begins. Can you get to the real bad guy before I do...? I think not! I'm going to show everyone that I 'm not that easy to get rid of. I mean you couldn't even keep me locked up! Be seeing you around Gordon.
Doll
His right hand came up to rub his face as he stared down at Doll's large curvy writing. She was taunting him that much he knew. He had no clue as to who she was after and he knew he wouldn't find out until their body found its way into a body bag. Whoever they were they were in for it big time. He knew Doll wasn't someone to mess with and now that she had The Joker along with her he wasn't sure what was going to become of Gotham. They were to unstoppable forces and he wasn't sure if Gotham was prepared for them both.

Doll was giggling on top of The Jokers bed as she thought about the note she left Gordon. He knew he would see that he couldn't stop her. He was to far behind in the game. She was teasing him. She looked towards the door as it opened and The Joker walked in with a large pizza box. Doll stared at it and then back to The Joker.

“What was so funny?” He asked her as joined her on the bed still holding the pizza away from her.

“Oh just thinking about a little note I left Gordon in Tommy's apartment.” Doll told him with a large smile.

The Joker had been opening the pizza up in front of him. He paused in his movement at Doll's sing song tone. He looked up at her with his eyes slightly squinted together. His brown eyes met her blue ones as her smile widened and a few giggles escaped her.

“Yeah, I let him be aware of how far behind he is in the game.” Doll explained to him with a shrug.

The Joker's lips twitched into a smile. He should have known the she would want Gordon to know that Tommy's death was her work. He compared her relationship with Gordon almost like a daughter/father relationship. Gordon wanted to 'help' her; not hurt her or see her dead. He wanted to protect her and save her. Gordon didn't understand that Doll didn't need saving. She was perfect just the way she was. Doll also had a fondness for Gordon. At first it slightly irked The Joker how much she sought him out in everything she did. But now he saw it correctly. She didn't have some form of romantic feelings for him. She wanted to show him what she had done, like a child would show their parent their passing test grade. Gordon was her unbreakable force just like his was Batman. Doll liked Batman, how could she pass up the chance to play with him but Gordon was always her main focus.

“I should have known you would want to dangle that in his face.” He remarked as he picked up a slice of pizza.

Doll gave him a look as she took a piece of pizza for herself. “Do you have a... problem with that?” She asked him, her tone going an octave lower.

“Does it look like I have a problem?” He asked her. Doll gave him a blank look before her mouth started to twitch into a smile. She reached forward and grabbed his tie and successfully pulled him towards her. She brushed her lips against his before pulling slightly away.

“Jealousy will get you nowhere.” Doll told him. He tore her hand off of his tie and pushed her down flat on the bed. His body rested above hers and his hands held hers down on the bed. His face was only centimeters way from hers.

“I'm not jealous. I just think that someone has some suppressed daddy issues. You just want Gordon's attention so badly.” He mocked her as his fingers clenched into her wrists tighter. The Joker could feel Doll's body shaking in rage underneath him. He smirked down at her as her blue eyes blazed into his brown ones.

“Oh are you my psychiatrist now? Well, if you want to play that way how about we begin with your attraction to a man dressed as a bat.” Doll said a grin spreading over her own face. She watched as his facial expression changed. His smile was gone. She felt his body press dangerously into her own and his hands bruising her wrists.

“You think you’re really funny don't you Doll.” The Joker told as he pulled her up with him on the bed.

“Yeah, I do.” She simply told him.

“You know recent events should tell you that little dolls like you are easily broken.” He growled out as he threw her body to the floor. Her body was curled into a limp ball for a moment. The Joker stood over her unmoving body. He saw her hand twitch before her head moved to look up at him.

She didn't say a word as she got up to stand in front of him. He watched her curiously. His hand reached into his coat and retrieved one of his switchblades. He found that Doll had thought the same. She had her own switchblade ready at her side. Her eyes were locked on to his face, her stance ready for anything. He could see the bruises forming on her wrists and a cut on her head that was bleeding down her forehead from her fall to the floor.

The Joker was the first to make the move towards her. He pushed her roughly against his bedroom wall making a thud noise echo through the building. His blade was positioned right underneath her chin and his other hand pressed against her side keeping her from moving. He was disappointed but not surprised to see no fear in her facial expression. She was motionless against him. He dragged the knife slowly down her neck leaving a small blood trail in its wake.

“I'm not as easily broken as you seem to think I am.” She growled out. She pressed her body into his as her brain worked on a way to get the upper hand. “I was doing just fine before you came along.”

The Joker laughed at her. She could feel his entire body shake against hers and the blade against her skin moved with every chuckle. She used this to her advantage. She felt his grip loosen and she brought her leg up and kicked him right in his manhood. Right where she thought he deserved it. He choked on his laughter as he broke away from her. He was clutching his stomach as he continued to laugh away the pain. Her fist connected with his face and made him stumble back slightly before he was back on his feet. He moved towards her his hand clenched at his side. He brought his fist up and brought it down on her face. She tumbled to the ground and when she looked back up to him her nose was bleeding. Blood ran down her face and into her hair. Her eyes were burning with rage and hatred as she stared up at him. The Joker looked at her cautiously. He had never seen her this angry and he wondered if maybe he had pushed her too far.

“Doll?” He questioned. He wasn't about to apologize for anything that he did but he did want their fighting to stop. She just came from having the stuffing beat out of her; she didn't need to be hurt anymore.

Doll heard The Joker but she paid him no mind. Their fighting brought back old memories. Allison had been punched and slapped so many times in the face that Doll lost count. Her face burned from his touch and she could feel the blood running from her nose. She stayed on the floor for a few more minutes. The room was deadly silent and she could feel The Joker's gaze on her. When she looked up at him she felt her body burn with anger. For once she really thought about just shooting him. She liked their games and their fights to be in control but he was starting to take it too far. If anyone else had done as much as he had done they would've been dead a long time ago. Unfortunately, she knew she couldn't bring herself to actually kill him. It made her insides twist and burn but she knew she could never pull the trigger on him. She didn't answer when he called her name again but she did lift herself from off the floor. She touched her bloody noise and her left eye twitched at the pain.

“Doll...?” The Joker drawled out again.

“Do you think you’re funny? I thought you were fun but you’re starting to just become a problem.” Doll told him. She stood a few feet from him her eyes focused on his face. He was studying her.

“Did I hit a nerve?” He asked. His voice was back to being comical but she could sense that he truly was curious. “Did I remind you too much of your daddy? Where you a little abused girl?” He teased.

Doll fists clenched, her nails digging into the palms of her hands. Rage bubbled inside of her before she reached her limit. She jumped onto him sending them both to the floor with a large thud. Her fist connected with his face over and over again before she finally became calm enough to stop. She noticed that she had giving him a matching bloody nose. Blood ran down his face mixing into his face paint. His eyes were wide as he stared at her.

“You have no right to tell me what I was. I'm sure you were just some small time criminal who thought he was better than everyone else. Did your boss teach you a lesson and give you those nice set of scars?” She whispered in his ear.

Doll made no move to remove herself from on top of him and The Joker didn't seem to mind. They stared at each other, neither one making the next move. He shifted his body as his hand reached to touch her bloody face. Trails of blood were running down her face. He stuck his finger in a drop and painted his signature smile on her face. He gave her a smile as his hands ran through her tangled hair. She didn't stop him as she continued to study him. He knew she was always studying him.

He was quickly finding out that she was very good at reading people. She was incredible close to guessing his past. He never talked about it. The psychiatrists at Arkham thought he didn't remember his past and just kept making up stories. That wasn't true. The Joker did remember but it was more fun to tell the other stories. It was funnier that way. He always made the story fit the situation.

She slid off of him without another word. He watched her as she opened the door and slammed it behind her. He knew she needed time to cool off or he had no doubt that she would end up shooting him for real. She would be back and he would be waiting. He picked the discarded pizza box up and set it on his desk for her for when she came back.

Doll walked the streets of Gotham with her head down as not to draw attention to herself. She found herself in front of one of Simone Carrillo's restaurants. Her pay back for him was already coming together in her head. Tomorrow she decided would be the day Carrillo would learn that he should have listened to her warning. She smiled to herself as she skipped back to The Joker's hide out. She was calmed down from their fight and now giddy with anticipation for tomorrows events. She couldn't wait to share her ideas with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments... pretty please? =]