Sequel: Pieced Together
Status: Complete

Stitched Together

Chapter 20 Revenge

Chapter Twenty
Revenge

Doll stared into the bathroom mirror as she applied the thick makeup to her scars. It always unnerved her when she saw herself without her scars. Without the scars her reflection looked eerily like little Allison. Doll shook her head to dismiss the thoughts of breaking the mirror.

Tonight she was flying under the radar. She straightened her white collar shirt and smoothed down her black dress pants. Her blonde hair was hidden beneath an auburn colored wig. She smiled at her reflection as she tried to look as innocent as possible. Without the scars it wasn't hard to accomplish.

She heard the door open and then close before The Joker stood behind her. His arms found their way around her waist as he stared at her through the mirror.

“I like you better as a blonde.” He commented as one of his hand reached out to twirl an auburn lock around his finger.

“Tonight’s not about you, it’s all about Carrillo.” She told him. She turned around to face him. “Are you ready?” She asked.

He wasn't dressed in his normal attire either. He wore a nice navy suit and tie and his face was bare of his normal face paint. His scars were covered just like Dolls and his green curls had been washed back to the normal sandy blonde.

“As ready as I'm going to get beautiful.” He told her. “I'll let the boys know we're ready to leave.” With that being said he left her alone in the bathroom. Doll gave herself one last look over before she walked out of the bathroom as well.

“Hi, my name is Aylss and I'll be your waitress this evening.” Doll told the four men that set around the table. She smiled innocently at them. All four men gave her a large lustful smile back. It made her insides shudder in disgust but she was glad that they were playing into her hands.

“We'll start with the soup of the day then I think we'll all have the fabulous steaks my restaurant is known for. Don't you boys agree?” Carrillo asked the other men. They nodded in agreement and Doll wrote their order down on her pad of paper.

“Sounds good I'll be back shortly with your soup and the best wine we have to serve.” She told them and with one last smile to them she walked away and into the kitchen.

She gave one of the chefs Carrillo's orders so he could begin fixing the steaks. Doll walked over to a large pot that was full of the soup of the day. She poured out four bowls and set them neatly on a tray. Glancing around to make sure no one was paying her any attention she pulled a tiny bottle of white powder from her apron. She poured the contents into one of the bowls of soup and stirred it until there was no trace.

She held the tray of food steady as she made her way back to Carrillo's table. She passed out the bowls to each of the men making sure Carrillo got the special one. Next she opened the bottle of wine and poured them all a glass. She stood a moment watching as they all took sips of their soup. No one noticed anything off about it so Doll took her leave. She walked by a table a few feet away when an outstretched hand stopped her from moving.

“Miss, I'm ready to order.” The person told her. She couldn't hide the smile that came to her lips when she saw it was The Joker. He looked so ordinary just sitting there by himself.

“Of course sir, what can I get for you?” Doll asked him. He studied her for a moment. His gaze went to her name tag that read 'Alyss'.

“Alyss is it?” He asked with a smirk. She nodded to him. “I would like to order a blonde hair, blue eyed beauty. Think you can whip one of those up for me?” He joked.

“I'm sorry sir, but we’re completely out of those right now. Is there anything else I can get you?” She told him as her lips twitched at the corners as she spoke.

“Just get me whatever you think I'll like beautiful.” He told her as he waved a hand around uncaring.

“Will do sir.” She told him.

“And Alyss.” He called out to her before she walked to far away. She turned to look at him. “Be careful.” He warned her. Doll nodded before walking away.

Doll played the sweet, little waitress perfectly and when Carrillo and his men left Doll and The Joker weren't far behind them. They both were in a black van with one of Joker's men driving. Doll washed the makeup off her face to show her scars. She held her laugh in as The Joker glared at the driver as she changed into her normal clothing inside the moving van. The Joker had changed into his custom purple suit and his face paint was freshly applied.

Carrillo's car pulled in front of a nice two story house. Doll watched as he made his way into his home never knowing what was about to hit him. As the car drove away, The Joker's guy pulled into it's place. Guns ready at their sides The Joker pulled open the door to the van. The Joker wasted no time as he busted open the door.

“Let the fun begin.” Doll said with a large smile. One of Carrillo's men ran into the front room to see what the crash was. Doll quickly shot him twice in the stomach before moving up the stairs. The Joker was hot on her heels. They both kept their eyes and ears for any sign of Carrillo. Finally she heard a crash in one of the rooms and they both made their way to the room at the end of the hallway.

Doll opened the door to Carrillo's overly decorative bedroom to find him on the floor. The drug had done its job. It was a simple muscle relaxer, a downgrade to what he injected into her veins but she thought it was a nice start.

“Well, I must say I truly like you much better from this angle.” Doll spoke from behind him. The drugs were effecting his movement but she could see the surprise in his eyes when she walked around to stare down at him.

She bent her knees to be eye level with him. Her blue eyes gazed at his helpless body. His eyes were large as he stared at her unbelieving. His expression was priceless. It was better than she imagined.

“D-Doll?” He choked out weakly.

“Or Aylss if you prefer.” She told him. Giving a nod towards The Joker he took his gun and rammed it against Carrillo's head.

It didn't take long for The Joker and Doll to rig Carrillo's house to explode. Doll giggled as she pressed the trigger from the moving van. The explosion could be heard all through the city. It lit up the sky like fireworks and Doll watched the house burn with satisfaction.

“You really meant it when you said you were going to give him a taste of his own medicine.” The Joker commented as he stared at the unconscious body in the back of the van.

“Yeah, except I'm actually going to kill him.” Doll told him as she sat down on the vans floor in front of The Joker.

They stayed silent on the rest of the journey to the hotel. When they arrived The Joker's men took Carrillo to the basement of the hotel and chained him to a chair. Doll couldn't wait for the true fun to begin but she would wait. She wanted Carrillo to have to wake up and think about his situation.

“Gordon,” He spoke into his cell phone. “I'll be there. Where was it?” Gordon asked to the officer on the other line. After getting the address Gordon hurried out of his office. There was no time to waste.

Gordon arrived at the remains of the large house in record time. Ambulances and police vehicles were already there surveying the scene. He sighed as he looked at the fallen building. The house belonged to Simone Carrillo, a man Gordon had no doubt was a leader in the mob. He now had his answer though. This was Doll's work and she let him know she was winning her game. She had the man that attempted to kill her. Gordon thought in his head that the game was done. Doll won this round. Simone Carrillo would be dead before Gordon or anyone would find him but he couldn't give up.

“This looks like Doll and Joker's doing,” a raspy voice that could only belong to Batman. He was in the shadows and Gordon looked around before moving closer.

“I believe Carrillo was the reason for her hospital stay.” Gordon answered him. “You think you can find them?”

Gordon received no answer. Batman was already gone.

Doll skipped gleefully down the stairs to the basement. Her boots clicked on the concrete floor with every step. She could hear the rattle of the chains as she walked further into the basement. It was pitch black until she switched on the overhead lights. In the corner sat Carrillo. He was dirty and had dried blood in his hair and on his forehead. It made her smile as she stepped closer to him.

“I see you’re finally awake.” Doll said slowly as studied him.

“You're supposed to be dead.” He pointed out. His voice was weak and rough sounding.

“Yeah, well if you had done your job correctly I would have been.” Doll scolded him. She sat herself down on the dirty floor in front him with her legs crossed in front of her. She stared at him in silence for a few moments before she spoke again. “Did you really think you were going to get away with it?” She asked him.

She could feel the anger radiating off of Carrillo. His gaze burned into hers.

“You stole from me, you came into my club and threatened me, and you blew up one of my restaurants- you deserved what you got your crazy bitch!” He told her.

Doll's facial expression didn't change as she stared at him.

“Actually, The Joker rigged your restaurant to blow... I just helped him press the trigger. Also I didn't threaten you, I gave you a warning. I warning might I add that you didn't listen to. You see where that got you? Oh and also while you were passed out from the drugs I gave you, I blew up your house.” She told him with a shrug of her shoulder. “But don't worry to much about it. You won't need it anymore. I'm going to make sure you're dead before I get rid of your body.”

“You can't do this!” He insisted to her. Doll thought either he was extremely dumb or he didn't realize Doll was not a mob member or a normal citizen. Doll stared at him blankly for a moment.

“I can't do this?” She questioned him. She didn't wait for a response. “I can do whatever I want. Who’s going to stop me? Not you since you're all changed up.” She told him.

“Besides,” she began with a wave of her hand. “I'm just giving you a taste of your own medicine. You did all of this to me... remember?”

Carrillo glared at her and if looks could kill Doll would have been dead. She giggled at that thought. It just made him glare harder. Doll stood up from her position on the floor and left him without another word.

Doll came back three hours later. Carrillo was in the same place she had left him and he watched her as she walked into the basement. She had taken off her coat and was dressed only in her dress, tights, and boots. Longs, fresh scars flowed down her pale arms as a reminder of what this man did to her. She had a black bag slung over her shoulder as she walked fully into the basement. She walked over to Carrillo and stared down at him with a curious expression.

“Enjoying your stay?” She asked him.

“What do you think?” He asked, his chains rattling as he moved.

“I'll take that as a no then.” She said as she tossed the bag onto the concrete floor. “So as you remember I'm sure, you drugged me so I wouldn't do anything... drastic while your 'boy' beat the life out of me. Well, actually he tried to but you get the point. I don't care if you attempt to do anything drastic so well do this without any fancy drugs.” She said with a wave of her right hand.

“You're fucking crazy!” He growled to her.

“No, I'm not. I got my issues worked out a long time ago.” Doll told him calmly.

It amazed her how quickly Carrillo, who always seemed to be a calm and collected man, lost his cool. His nice, expensive suit was now dirty and torn and his hair was tousled across his head. His brown eyes glowed with hatred towards her. It was all just very funny to her. His anger grew with every laugh.

“I think that's enough talking. Honestly, I really just feel like hitting you.” She told him before she did just that. Her fist met with his face with all the strength she could muster.

Her fingers hurt when she pulled away so she knew it must have hurt him. She heard him moan in pain. She smiled dangerously. She gave him one more punch to the face which made a cracking sound as she connected with his nose. When she pulled her hand back to her it was covered in his blood. Blood was running down his tan face and she let out another fit of laughter. She went over to her bag on the floor and pulled out a small key. Walking behind him she undid the lock on the chains. They fell to the ground with a large clang against the concrete. Carrillo slumped forward without the restraints holding him but he didn't put up a fight.

Doll kicked the back of the chair making him tumble over into a heap on the floor. She kicked him in the stomach with the tip of her boot. He moaned from the pain as he laid there. Doll crouched down to his level and rolled him onto his back; his face was covered in blood but his eyes still held hatred. Doll made herself comfortable on top of his stomach as she stared at him. She pulled a switchblade out of her boot and waved it teasingly in front of his face.

The blade came out with a slight click. Doll ran the blade lightly down his cheek then over his mouth. The blade left shallow cuts in its wake. The cuts followed the ones Doll had on her own face.

“You know I really don't like men like you.” She told him suddenly. “You look at me and think I'm just a small, little girl... what could I possibly do to you? I mean, you have plenty of men who work for you, men who are two or three times my size. But look what I've done to this city. This is my city and you'll play my game or you die. You didn't want to play so...” She let her sentence hang in the air.

When Doll was satisfied with her work on Carrillo she left him in a limp ball on the floor. His face was unrecognizable. Doll threw punch after punch to his face and she heard and felt his nose break underneath her knuckles. His suit was now stained with his blood and she was sure she broke a couple of his ribs by kicking him. He was still alive though, Doll was well aware. She wasn't done having her fun and she knew she would never hear the end of it if The Joker didn't get a turn.

Her hands, arms and face were covered in Carrillo's blood when she walked into The Joker's bedroom. He looked up from his chair at his desk when she shut the door behind her. He raised an eyebrow at her appearance. She threw her body on the bed and placed her hands behind her head on the pillow. She smiled the entire time.

“Looks like someone had fun.” He commented as he watched her from his rolly chair. He spun in the chair to continue to watch her.

“Oh yes plenty.” Doll told him. She wiggled her feet from left to right as she spoke. She was in an extremely good mood.

“Is he... dead?” The Joker asked her. His eyes surveyed all the blood on her.

Doll shook her head across the pillow. “Nope, I'm not done having fun with him yet and I thought since you... care so much about me you would want a turn.” She watched him as she spoke. He perked up a bit at the word 'care' and the way she said it.

He snorted a bit before standing up from his chair. He walked over to the bed and stared down at the smiling, blood covered face of Doll. His fingers tapped against the side of his legs as he stood there. His tongue slithered out of his mouth to wet his lips. Her eyes rolled over to him.

“Is there a problem?” She asked.

“I never said I cared.” He pointed out.

“Oh, I just assumed so since you want to protect me so badly.” She told him with an uncaring shrug.

“I don't care about you.” The Joker told her plainly. Doll's teeth clinched at his words for a reason she didn't know and didn't want to think about. The Joker's dark eyes continued to look into hers. She felt her stomach turn unpleasantly. She pushed herself off the bed and when she stood she shoved him out of her way.

“That's not what it seemed like when you wanted your Doll back. Maybe I should have just left you to rot in Arkham.” She told him before she walked into the adjoining bathroom and slammed the door behind her.

The Joker stood in the same spot she left him in for several minutes. His hands clinched tightly at his sides and his fingernails sunk into the palm of his hands. He shook his head to kill the thoughts that plagued him. His green curls fell around his face. With one last look at the closed bathroom door, he left the bedroom and headed to the basement. He needed something to work out his frustration on and Carrillo seemed to be the perfect candidate.

When he reached the bottom of the basement he found Carrillo on the floor, his body curled into itself. He was bloody and broken. Doll had done her handy work on him. It made The Joker smile as he listened to Carrillo's ragged breath.

“You really should have not messed with her.” The Joker commented as he looked down at the limp body of the mob leader. “She's got a mean kick and real bad anger management problem.” The Joker continued. He spoke in a civil tone to him like they were old friends. The Joker was having his fun with him.

“She's crazy.” Carrillo spit out. The Joker's hands twitched at his side. His left hand went into his pants pocket and pulled out a green handled switchblade. The click of it opening echoed through the silent basement.

“She's not crazy.” The Joker told him, his voice lowered as his teeth clenched together. “Now, I know you already had a round of fun with her but me and doll face had some heated words so instead of punching her I thought I could put my frustration towards something more constructive.” He explained to him.

He took his foot and turned Carrillo over and onto his back. The man let out a groan at the movement. Carrillo's face was covered in dried blood and his hair was matted to his head. The Joker reached down and pulled him up on his feet by his the collar of his shirt. The Joker ran the switchblade down his arm quickly and Carrillo screamed out in pain. The Joker tossed him back to the floor like trash. He kicked him in the stomach before he delivered punches to his face over and over again. He backed away to get a hold of himself. He would get nowhere with Doll if he killed him.

The Joker stood up and shook his green curls out of his face before leaving Carrillo on the floor where he found him. When he returned to his bedroom Doll was nowhere to be found. He looked around the room to see the bathroom door was still closed. Walking over to it he found the door was locked.

“Doll, open the door!” The Joker called out to her. He received nothing but silence in response. “Doll, if you don't answer the door I'm breaking it down.” He threatened. She still didn't say a word. The Joker let out a low growl before pulling his set of keys from his pocket. When he opened the door what was behind it surprised him.

Doll was lying half naked on the bathroom tile. Her body was laid out wearing only a black bra and underwear. Her blues eyes were gazing up at the ceiling. She was wet from the shower he assumed she had taken since she was now clean of Carrillo's blood. The Joker watched her for a moment in the open doorway. She didn't seem to notice or care that he was there.

“Doll...” He drawled out slowly. He saw her finger clench together on the tile floor.

“Get out!” She told him. Her gaze never left the ceiling.

The Joker rolled his eyes before closing the door behind him but he didn't leave.

“That's the opposite of what I said.” Doll commented.

“I'm not really someone who listens well.” He told her. He stepped over her body and sat himself on the edge of the tub. He licked his scars as he looked down at her. He was surprised she wasn't shaking from coldness. He could still see water droplets on her skin from her shower and puddles of water underneath her.

“Doll, what are you doing?” He finally asked.

“Why should you care what I'm doing?” She threw back at him. He titled his head curiously at her.

“Oh, this is unbelievable. Did I hurt little Doll's feelings?” He teased. Her fist hit the ground before she sat up and her blue eyes blazed dangerously into his brown ones.

“After I kill Carrillo I'm finding my own place.” She told him.

“Why do that? You can stay here.” The Joker offered.

“Why should I? So you can have a little doll to throw around when you’re bored!” She had got to her feet now and was shouting. The Joker's eyes widened slightly. He never had seen Doll shout angrily and defiantly not at him.

“I seem to remember the abuse was mutual.” He reminded her calmly.

“Yes, but I actually started carin-” Doll broke off her shouting. She couldn't say it. Her stomach twisted just thinking about it. She gave him one more glance before she grabbed her dress from the floor. She slipped it over her body as she walked out of the bathroom. She threw her damp hair over her shoulder and walked out of the bedroom.

Doll made it to the basement and made herself comfortable on the last step. She wasn't sure how long she watched Carrillo’s limp body on the floor. It wasn’t until he started moving and groaning that she broke out of her daze.

“You sure can take a beating.” Doll commented dryly.

“Still fighting with your boyfriend?” Carrillo asked as he spit blood onto the floor.

Doll rose up from the step and walked slowly over to him. She watched him like a lion watches its prey.

“Maybe you're not as smart as you think you are.” He commented again. “Falling for The Joker.” He let out a choked laugh.

Doll stayed silent as she stood over his body. She pressed her right foot onto his throat and then smiled when his air was cut off and he gasped for breath. She let him suffer then released.

“You know it's not smart to anger the person that decides when and how you die.” She told him.

“You're nothing but a little girl trying to act tough.” He insulted her. Blue eyes stared at him emotionless before she reopened the gash The Joker gave him on his arm with her own switchblade. He screamed out and she finally smiled.

“No, I'm a 'little girl' who is going to show Gotham what chaos really is.” She told him as she dug the blade deeper into his arm. His screams mixed with her laughter. “Are you getting the message now? Have you changed you mind about me? Do you regret what you did?” She asked as she twisted the blade.

“The only… The only t-thing I regret is... is not killing you.” He breathed out in between the pain. Doll nodded her head in agreement before pulling the blade out of his skin.

“Yeah, that was probably a big mistake on your part. But don't worry you're not the first to underestimate me.” She told him. “Sadly for you, you're going to end up just like him... dead.”

She positioned her switchblade at his throat but paused.

“If there just so happens to be a hell... if you meet a man named Vance tell him Doll said 'hi' and she'll see him there.” She told him with a large smile before the blade ran across his throat.

She stared at the body until she heard the basement door open. Footsteps echoed on the steps and then stopped. She found The Joker watching her as he stood on the last step.

“Sorry, play times over.” She told him. She gazed back to the dead body.

“I was looking for you.” He told her. He came to stand in front of her. His larger frame towered over her tiny one.

“You found me. Good for you.” She told him sarcastically.

“You left without finishing your sentence.” He pointed out to her. Doll rolled her shoulders as her gaze met his expectant one.

“I don't remember that.” She said with a careless shrug. She made to go around him but his hands rapped around her waist and pulled her into him.

“Say it.” He growled into her ear. Doll shivered against him.

“Never.” She spoke quietly.

“Say it.” He repeated.

“Why should I?” She asked him. “It doesn't matter.”

“It might matter to... someone.” The Joker said into her ear. His hands slid up and down her sides.

“Fine, you want to hear it so bad have it your way. I care about you. I've never cared about anyone in my entire life. When someone annoyed me I just killed them but I can't do that to you. I hate it but it's the truth!” She told him her tone rising. She pulled out of his grip and made it to the stairs before he spoke.

“Hey Doll,” he called to get her attention. She turned to him expectantly. “Earlier what I said... I lied.” He told her and he knew that she knew what he was referring to. She smiled at him before she went up the stairs. He followed after her.

“You’re not really going to move out are you?” He asked as they walked side by side up the stairs to his bedroom.

“Not if you don't want me to.” She answered.

“I don't want you to.” He told her.

When Gordon arrived at the station he was greeted with a black bag laying on the steps with a letter addressed to him taped on the front. Pulling it off, he opened it. Familiar handwriting greeted him.

Gordon,
I hope you enjoy your.... gift. I really should start charging for all the help I've been giving to the Gotham Police Department ha ha ha! Just so you’re clear you and Batman lost the game but promise me you won't be a sore loser. We'll play again real soon I'm sure. Maybe even get up close and personal again. I'd like to see if you're always that brave in the face of danger. Tell Batman I said 'hello' and The Joker and I will see you real soon.

Doll

When Gordon unzipped the bag he was faced with the dead, broken body of Simone Carrillo. Gordon sighed; Doll was right. She had won this time but he wouldn't give up. He would make sure that both Doll and The Joker would be back in Arkham where they belonged. He was determined to bring peace back to Gotham City. He knew that he had his hands full. When Doll was involved it was never easy and now she was working alongside The Joker it was double the trouble. Gotham was in for a dark time but Gordon was determined to find the light.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end... of this story anyway. I hoped everyone enjoyed. Leave me comments letting me know what you would like to see next for Doll.