‹ Prequel: Toxic

Confession

Chapter 1

The sharp nudge to my back and the loud cries from the corner of the room gave me enough hints to know its was now "my turn", I sighed loudly and rolled off of the bed picking up my mario lounge pants as I went.

I pushed the side of the cot down and looked down at the wiggling little lump that was now looking up at me with shiny expectant eyes, she knew it was dinner time.

I gently picked her up and craddled her in my arms inhaling her soft scent and instantly felt my heart swell with undying love for this tin but perfect human being.

A loud snore from the other side of the room made me turn quickly, there Lucy was laying loudly snoring her face pressed unattractively in to her forearm, I rolled my eyes and crept out of the room.

Unsurprisingly Dan was sat on the sofa his eyes fixed ont he editing he was doing on his laptop

"Your turn again then?"

"Yep, when is it ever Lucy's turn!"

I huffed and placed Skye down on her blanket on the floor by Dan's feet

"you should have a word with her Phil I havent seen you looking this tired since uni!"

"I know I just haven't got the heart to"

"Well grow a pair and tell her! you didn't create this little dumpling of gorgeousness alone!"

He picked Skye up and looked at her longingly masking his real heart break. Dan had never wanted to be a father until he met Skye then his whole perspective changed, shortly after the news came that due to Summers attack Dan was now infertile. It would be nothing short of a miracle if he could become a father.

I tested Skye's milk on my wrist before passing the bottle to Dan, he was a natural when it came to Skye he worked out how to diffrenciate her cries he often bathed her and played with her keeping her amused whilst I sorted bills and shoping lists out.

I sat and watched Dan as he fastened her bib and fed her for a few moments before curling up on the sofa plunging in to a short and dreamless sleep only to be woken up by Dans childish voice laced with innocence

"Daddy! it's wakey upy time! I need a new nappy!"

the room slowly came in to focus and I locked eyes for a few akward moments with Dan before gently liftng skye off of his lap and pulling out her changing bag.

"This has to be the worst part of fatherhood ever!"

Dan was smilling down at me resting his elbow on his knee and his head on his hand,

"I think I may just have to agree with you there!"

I sniggered slightly and placed Skye back on her blanket, where she laid gurggling happily looking at the domo lights across the mantle.

I stood up and plonked myself down on the sofa next to Dan, as soon as I was down his hand was on my thigh gently squeezing he gave me a reassuring look

"I think you're a fantastic father and you know I'm always here"

I nodded slowly

"I know I'm just always stressed out! With out you being here for me and Skye I probably would have killed myself"

"then we would both be without an amazing man in our lives"

I smiled as Dan rested his head on my shoulder and gazed down at Skye, I knew he regarded her as his own, he had loved her since day one and judging by the looks that she gave him I think the feeling was mutual.