‹ Prequel: Toxic

Confession

Chapter 4

-Lucys POV-

The baby was screaming again! and I was moments away from ripping my hair out when I heard keys jangle outside the apartment door, Dan strutted in and whipped Skye out of my arms, cooing at her and as if by magic she stopped crying and began to gurgle in sheer delight at her uncle.

It made me happy to see that Dan had come on in leaps and bounds since Summers attack and that he had gotten over his cringey little crush on Phil.

I knew I was lucky to have him he was gorgeous caring and a brilliant father and I couldnt wait to get on with the rest of our lives together.

X X X

I pressed the receiver to my ear and listened as the harsh dialing tone shook my eardrums, the noise had always made me cringe

"Hello Cardinal lettings Ashleigh speaking can I help?"

"Hello My names Lucy and I'm looking in to moving to your property in Lincoln?"

"Ahh yes the flat?"

"Yeah it's beautiful me and my...husband can't wait to move"

"Fantastic I'ff I could take an email address a contact number and your current address we can get all the forms sent out to you so you can sign them and send them back? will you be paying today?"

"Yes I will be"

"Brilliant can I take the previous information and the card number"

I reeled off the information and pulled Phils bank card out of my pocket he didn't know I had it and he sure as hell didn't know I was going to use it to buy a new flat! I reeled the numbers off to her

"thats fantastic Mrs Lester its all gone through once the paper work is done you can come and collect the keys okay?"

"Yes thank you"

"Brilliant can't wait to see you bye!"

"Bye"

I breathed a sigh of relief thankful it had all been arranged with out a problem, I toyed with the idea of going out for celebratory drink with the girls and began to text with out hesitation.