Status: It's a work (slowly) in progress...

Hands

Chapter 1

Gerard's POV

Everybody is born with a name on their hand, a bit like a tattoo but with so much more meaning. You see, the person who that name belongs to is the love of your life, your soul mate if you will. You have no say in the matter, God or Satan or whoever the fuck you believe in decides.

Frank Iero. Frank fucking Iero.

I sat here and glared at my hand, no matter how much I stared at the name, it didn't change. I didn't resent the fact it was a boy's name, I had come to terms with the fact I was gay. No, I hated that I had no say in the matter, that some unknown force had decided that I had to love 'Frank Iero' whoever the fuck he was, if he was still alive or even born yet. Yes that did happen; a girl in my high school was matched with some jazz singer that had died in the late 70s.

"Gerard, hurry up or we will be late for school." My younger brother called, pulling me out my train of thought. I sighed and went to find Mikey. He was one of the lucky one, he'd known his match, Alicia, since he was a child.

"Come on Gee." Mikey sighed as he held the door open for me. "Great, another year of hell to look forward too!" I said as we got into my car. "Don't worry Gee, you only have one more year then you can go off to some fancy art school in New York" Mikey stated as he glared out the window. He hated the fact I was leaving him, trust me I hated it too but I want to be an artist more than anything. "Come on Mikes, don't be like that, you will still have Alicia to keep you company and I will be home for the holidays." "I know but I will still be on my own at school." I didn't reply and pretended to concentrate on driving as I pulled into the school parking lot. We got out the car and hugged goodbye, as we pulled apart I heard one of the 'popular' jocks shout "fucking emo faggots" at us. I turned around and glared at him, I was used to the abuse from people at school. I'm classed as an outcast, a freak, because I wear eyeliner and black clothes. Sadly because Mikey is my brother, people think that we are the same so they call him names too. He was doomed to be an outcast just for knowing me.

I made my way to English, hoping I could slip in, escape to the back and spend the hour listening to music. But no, just my luck! We have a seating plan. I end up sitting in the front row, next to a blonde bimbo whose name left my memory as soon as she had said it in her annoyingly squeaky voice. "Now class" The teacher, Mr Davis, called the class to order. "This term we will be working on a project" I swear to god that if he says we are working in partners, I will walk out of this class and not look back. "We have paired up with Queen of Peace Catholic School to do a letter exchange with another senior English class." People began to murmur and whisper about the new information. "Each student will be paired up with a student from the other class. The pairs will be picked at random but you won't find out your partners until tomorrow because the other class will be picking the name out of a hat."

I couldn't say I was excited about this project but I guess it's better than studying a 400 year old sonnet. I stood up as the bell rang and walked off with my hands in my Misfits hoodie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! so umm... this is my first proper fanfic. They are probably a load of flaws and mistakes but hopefully I'll sort them out in future chapters. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions about the whole name thing, feel free to ask :)