Status: It's a work (slowly) in progress...

Hands

Chapter 10

Frank’s POV

Fuck yes, it’s Friday! And I actually have plans for the weekend; Ebony and I are going shopping tomorrow then she is sleeping round mine after.

School was bearable for once. The hours flew past and before I knew it, I was saying goodbye to Ebony, as she walked off in the direction of the Library, and heading over to English.

I arrived just before the bell and was excited to read Gerard’s letter but that was nothing new, his letters always brighten my day.

The letters had already been handed out, for that I was thankful. I didn’t want to have to wait for mine to be given to me.
I opened the letter carefully and began to read it.

‘Dear Frank,

I’m very glad to hear that. I don’t know what I’d do if I did lose you. Oh Syn. (Yes, I’m copying you.) It’s strange that you have such a huge part in my life yet I haven’t even met you.

Aww that’s cute! I think my biggest influence is probably David Bowie.

I’ve thought about what you said, about opinions on your own work. I guess you’re right, I mean you are so involved with it that it’s hard to take a step back and look at it without having a twisted view on it.
I’d love to hear your work, maybe we could work on a song together?

Random Fact 2: I have Trypanophobia, which is basically a posh way of saying that I’m scared shitless of needles. Sadly this means I can’t get any tattoos which really fucking sucks ‘cause I’d love to get some.

Don’t apologise. I don’t care how long your letter is, the fact that it’s written by you is enough. Fuck, that sounds weird. It’s like, well, I can’t even find the words to describe how I feel about you. Before this letter thing, I hated, no, I despised the whole idea of the matches. I hated that some fucker somewhere got to play around with people’s lives, making them in love with someone that they might have hated in another life. It just didn’t seem fair. But then I received a letter from you and it was like my whole mentality had been rewritten and I didn’t feel the resentment towards someone or something that may or may not even be real. You made me realise that I may not get a choice in it but that doesn’t mean that it’s such a terrible thing.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to rant that much. I’ve probably scared you off now.

Anyway, I guess this is the last letter you’ll read before Monday. So have a good weekend Frankie.

Talk to you on Monday,

Gerard Way.’

After I finished the letter, I sat there speechless. I couldn’t believe that I had changed Gerard’s beliefs on something that he seemed so set on hating. I’ve never had that much of an impact on anyone’s life. Ever.
I’ve always been in the background, the person everyone ignores but now someone was telling me that I’d actually made as much of an impact on their life as they had on mine. I wasn’t sure how to react. I thought about how Gerard said I have had a huge impact on his life, what made me so special? How could I have made a difference with just a few letters? I just didn’t understand.

I quickly realised that the hour was running out and that I only had about 20 minutes to write my letter. I picked up my pen and almost immediately started writing, letting everything I wanted to say to Gerard flow freely onto the page.

When I’d finished I sealed it in the envelope and handed it to the teacher. I was incredibly nervous for his response. And to make matters worse, I had to wait until Monday for his reply.
I sighed as I stood up, knowing the wait was going to kill me. I walked out the class and headed for my next lesson.

-------------------TIME LAPSE---------------------

I never arrived at my next lesson.

I woke up in the nurse’s office instead, with Ebony pacing what little floor space there was in the small room.
I was confused as to why I was here. I was about to voice my confusion when she looked over and saw that I was awake.
“Frankie, thank god you’re awake! I was worried sick.”
“What happened?” I asked as I tried to sit up. I immediately regretted it as I felt a sharp pain in my forehead.
“Fuck!” I cried out in pain.
“Don’t try and sit up. Some jock decided to throw a textbook at you for no reason; the corner hit your forehead and gave you a nasty cut. The nurse said you might need stitches so she called your parents and the paramedics, they’re both on their way.” She explained.

As if by magic, both my mother and a paramedic walked through the door.
My mother ran to my side and began mollycoddling me.
“Oh my poor Frankie!” She cried, as she stroked my face. As much as I love her, she can be rather over protective at times.
“Mum, I’m fine. Just let me have some space.” I said, not wanting to be smothered.
“Oh, of course.” She said and took a step back
“I can already tell that you’re going to need stitches without even taking a closer look.” The paramedic said with a frown on his face. “Due to the amount of blood loss, you will have to come with me in the ambulance, so my colleague can keep an eye on you. You can bring one person with you.”

“Okay… Mum, would you mind following in your car, that way Ebony can come and we won’t be stranded at the hospital.” I said wearily, not really sure how my mum would react.
“That’s a good idea, Frank.” She said with a smile.
I knew it wasn’t at the fact I’d had a good idea, it was at the fact that I had suggest that I wanted to be alone with a girl. She knew that I was gay and had never actually said anything negative about it but I knew that she was disappointed that she wouldn’t get to have grandchildren. She’d always try to get me to make friends with girls, as if by some ‘miracle’ that would magically change the name on my hand. I didn’t understand her logic and tend to ignore it.

I’m kinda dreading the day that I tell her about Gerard.
Actually, fuck that! If she doesn’t approve of Gerard then that’s her loss, she will miss the chance of knowing one of the nicest people I’ve ever met (well, kinda met).
Anyway, while I was ranting, I was moved from the nurse’s office and into the ambulance. Ebony got in the back with me and the driver set off to the hospital.

-------------------TIME LAPSE---------------------

When we arrived at the hospital; I was seen by a middle aged nurse, whose name was Donna, she cleaned the wound and went to fetch the doctor so I could get the stitches. She came back a few minutes later, accompanied by the doctor.
I had 5 stitches and mild concussion. The doctor told me all the basic rules that come with having concussion; don’t be alone, get someone to wake you up every few hours, get lots of rest, etc.

My mum signed the necessary paper work and Ebony had offered to stay over so my parents didn’t have to keep getting up. For that I was thankful, I didn’t want my mum obsessing over me.
Donna waved at me as we were leaving and I waved back. There was something sort of comforting and familiar about her, I just couldn’t quite place what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not much to say about this chapter to be honest...

Let me know what you think!

Thanks to HarleyHomicide, MikeyWayisMyHero and CatThatOinks for commenting <3

Gee x