Status: It's a work (slowly) in progress...

Hands

Chapter 11

Gerard’s POV

I woke up on Saturday morning, around 10am, to the smell of fresh coffee coming from the kitchen. I stayed put for a few minutes deciding what was better; hot coffee or a warm bed. The coffee addict in me took over and ultimately won. I got up and grabbed a hoodie from the end of my bed that seemed clean so that I wouldn’t freeze. I walked upstairs, barefooted, and almost tripped over the bottom of my way too long Batman pyjama bottoms. I opened my basement door, my bedroom is in the basement, and stepped into the kitchen which is right next door. I was greeted by my mum and brother sat at the table, drinking coffee. I grabbed the mug that sat on the worktop which I knew was mine and went to join them.

“Morning Gee” they both said as I sat down
“Morning” I replied as I inhaled the scent of the coffee. Damn this stuff is good.
“Mum was just telling me about her shift in A&E last night.” Mikey said while looking into his mug like it was a portal to another world.
“Ahh right, anything interesting happen?” I asked
“Not really, oh well there was this one boy that came in about 3 o’clock with his mother and a friend because he’d had a textbook thrown at him by one of the jocks at his school. The poor boy, he didn’t look any older than maybe a sophomore at most because of his height but it said he was 18 on his records. He looked incredibly apologetic, like he thought he was wasting our time. He had to have 5 stitches, I hope the person who did it gets punished. He seemed so sweet and nice, I don’t see why he’d get abused. I mean he was a bit ‘alternative’ I guess you could say. I heard him and the girl talking about some bands that I’ve heard you and Mikey mention before but that’s not an excuse for him to get bullied.” My mum replied.

I took a second to think about what she said, it wasn’t fair that someone was getting bullied just for liking decent music. Wait a second… decent music taste, short, bullied… it couldn’t be who I thought it was, could it?

“What school did you say he went to again mum?” I asked, wanting to test my theory.
“I didn’t, but it was that catholic school in town.” She replied.
“What was his name?” I said, getting hopeful.
“You know I can’t tell you that Gerard, it’s against patient confidentiality.” She said but the small smile on her face told me all I needed to know.

Knowing that I wouldn’t get any more information out of her, I finished my coffee and went back into my room to draw.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Hides behind my notebook* I'm really sorry that its taken so long to get this chapter up and that it's a really short update!
I've literally had no ability to write anything decent this last few weeks. I found out that my bestfriend (the girl that Ebony is based on) is moving across the country so have spent the majority of the time crying.

Thank you all for being incredibly patient <3 Let me know what you think!

Than you to CatThatOinks, ParaJoy, HarleyHomicide, Sssian.xo, idkwhattodo, dankefurdasgift, EvilPandah, livefortomorrow and WrithenLust for commenting! You all get virtual cupcakes <3

Gee x